[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /musicfag/ here? Share your feels lads >tfw uncreative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 15
File: 1459720770164.jpg (45 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
1459720770164.jpg
45 KB, 500x476
Who /musicfag/ here? Share your feels lads

>tfw uncreative
>tfw the second part doesn't mesh well with the first
>>
File: 1336327505091.jpg (10 KB, 240x311) Image search: [Google]
1336327505091.jpg
10 KB, 240x311
>tfw you listen to frank and realistic lyrics that describe a situation and the feeling is naturally inferred from the description
>tfw you want your lyrics to be like that
>but then you listen to poetic lyrics full of beautiful and strange imagery and you want your lyrics to be like that too
>tfw you have no natural artistic "voice" in your writing
>>
>bassist for 10 years now
>tfw pretty decent improvisational skill
>tfw you can pick up and play with almost anyone
>tfw you still can't read music

it's a middling sort of feel.
>>
>tfw can imagine a great song in my head
>struggle to reproduce it with my limited skill in playing and producing music
>it sounds like a muddy disinteresting mess
>>
File: Mariner.png (748 KB, 1371x771) Image search: [Google]
Mariner.png
748 KB, 1371x771
>you see a shit band touring the world
>visiting various countries all over the world
>living on a tour bus, playing music for a living
>they are living your dream
>you anaylse all of this and it becomes clear
>they are there because they're in the right circles
>it clicks that there is not enough people around who would ever come to your show or listen to your works, even if there was, you would find a way to hate them anyway
>these other people have managed to embed themselves into a ''scene'' and essentially milk it, something you could never do
>you realise that your best bet is posthumous recognition
>you don't want fame, or status while alive... only an existence that isn't exile

>tfw you wake up on the floor covered in your own sick and piss, in a flop house... you've been out cold for three days and you can't remember what day it is, why you are here and how and how you have ended up here
>you eat, drink, piss, shit, vomit, swear, pray... all for the sake of sonic expression
>you research and you shun. anyone and everyone. old friends, ex girlfriends, family, people trying to help and reach out to you
>you have no place in society, you are viewed by others as lazy, disgusting, hateful, sick, angry, strange, scary, lonely, sad, strong, cold, soft
>you realise you will never meet anyone who you deem worthy enough to create music with
>you sell your equipment to buy bread and whiskey only to buy it back later and repeat, you are in debt, you are jobless, you are scum
>you read, you ingest, you analyse, you regurgitate, you compress, you expand, you waste, you save, you swim, you drown
>you are a ''walking contradiction''

You wait to die and you will die waiting
>>
>buy 10 guitar picks
>by the end of the week they're all lost
>>
>play guitar
>amazed by artists that can make interesting music that branches out of the traditional song format
>want to do that
>can't

>>29055588
I'd say those are good feels

You don't need it, so that's convenient.
>>
File: thatpoppy4.jpg (161 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
thatpoppy4.jpg
161 KB, 1024x683
>>29055363
do you guys listen to That Poppy? Try the songs money and american kids. She's red pilled af.
>>
>>29056625
>It's a "guitar pick teleported to an alternate universe again" episode
>>
>>29055363

>tfw can play guitar, bass, and cello with reasonable skill

>tfw haven't been able to write music yet

One day...
>>
>>29056726
>tfw good at improv
>tfw not good enough
>>
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>tfw rock and roll is degenerate devil music
>>
File: 1463778779077.jpg (134 KB, 945x729) Image search: [Google]
1463778779077.jpg
134 KB, 945x729
>vocalist
>have a gig coming up in a few days but my throat feels all dried out, can't sing freely throughout my upper range
>hydrate like crazy and get plenty of rest for several days leading up to the gig
>voice is shit on performance day but I power through
>after the show I stay up til 5 am eating pizza, drinking beer/whiskey, and singing some more with my buds
>sleep for five hours
>voice feels great upon waking up

Truly the voice is the shittiness and most unreliable instrument there is.
>>
File: 1463828604846.gif (2 MB, 349x248) Image search: [Google]
1463828604846.gif
2 MB, 349x248
Where does anon upload his music to when he is well enough to make it?
>>
>>29055532
>tfw used to be decent at writing
>could come up with words to a rhythm with ease
>stopped writing regularly
>now can't even get a single verse of a poem down
>can't explain my emotions
>can't describe a scene
I'm pretty sure it's just practice, but fuck do I feel shitty about everything I write.
And then I listen to John Darnielle, or Phil Elverum, or John Prine or almost anything really, and I just feel shit about how I'll never write something nearly as beautiful.
I just want to make something worth sharing.
>>
>>29055363
>tfw the second part doesn't mesh well with the first
It's possible for a song to do this in a good way.
>>
>>29056849
That's the problem with using an instrument which is alive. Guitars don't get colds.

t. vocalist
>>
>be rapper
>want to write songs about my struggles and experiences
>all I do is fap and self loath
>rap about weed and bitches instead

kill me
>>
>>29058332
Have you tried writing while being under the influence, it helps a lot if you're struggling to write with no filter about your experiences. Do it once if you don't really like alcohol.
>>
>>29055363

How to enjoy music.

Never talk about music to anyone in real life or any place where you have some kind identity. No matter what you listen to, someone will always say that your taste in music is shit. If you talk about music in real life, you'll get made fun of for listening to music that isn't mainstream.

Only hang out in recommendations threads to share and look for music. Never show your library to anyone. You'll get bullied.
>>
>>29055588
>can read music fine
>barely grade 1 pianist

You're on the right side of the fence here I'd say.
>>
>>29055363
All I want is other people to jam with and make music

>mfw it won't happen cause I have no friends
>>
File: 1454565208215.png (91 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
1454565208215.png
91 KB, 500x422
>virtuosio
>holy shit holy shit I'm making it
>get tendonosis
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
What's so great about the Omnichord?
>>
File: lonely feels.jpg (39 KB, 576x406) Image search: [Google]
lonely feels.jpg
39 KB, 576x406
>>29058473
That's what I'd like too. Whenever I listen to really long jam sessions like Sister Ray or Yoo Doo Right, I get really jealous because they all sound like they're having a great fucking time. I love listening to jazz albums and hearing the leader shouting out commands, because they're just making it all up as they go. The musicians click together so well and they've mastered their instruments enough that they can go into a studio with little preparation and shit out really amazing music.

I'd love to have two or three friends who know how to play their instruments really well and dick around with them for half an hour over a simple chord progression. I love getting in the zone with my guitar, where I'm completely lost in some ostinato I've improvised and I'm vamping out different variations. It feels like the whole world around me disappears for a bit and I don't have to worry about my shitty life.
>>
>>29058560
That's pretty fucked anon, sorry.
>>
>>29058560
In Europe, look up Timani teachers.
In the rest of the world, look up Alexander technique.
I had my piano exam postponed due to tendinisis, but a Timani teacher taught me how to play the piano without straining that muscle. I'm going to study to become a Timani teacher next year.

I got a few original piano pieces on soundcloud.
https://soundcloud.com/heeegstad
>>
>>29055363
>tfw can't relax when playing piano so I fuck the tempo and smash the keys too hard
>>
>play with a band
>try to introduce some of my songs for us to play together
>all they want to play is by the numbers folk and covers

god
>>
>>29058473

>jam session
>everyone is being chill
>guy brings a girl over
>everyone shows off how much better they are than one
>everyone gets to fuck the girl while you poorly play guitar alone
>>
>filmmaker emails me to inquire about using a track I produced
>says they work for [indie hipster magazine]
>wants to use my music in a summer promo featuring the seasonal output of various fashion designers
>"Unfortunately, we cannot pay you but the exposure would be pretty great, right?"
>mfw I'm emailed a month later telling me I was cut from the final edit
>tfw no money and no exposure

same filmmaker

>hey [stage name] I'm producing a documentary about Victoria Beckham and her career in the fashion industry; can I use [old school instrumental hip hop track] because I think it'd be perfect!
>oy vey, we can't pay tho!
>send her along a .wav right away.

It must be a super complicated documentary to make, because it's been five years and they've still not released it....
>>
>>29059800
Don't do that. By working for free for other companies, you are undermining people trying to make a living as a musician. If you care for music as a profession, NEVER work for free.
>>
>tfw had to kick out our incredibly talented vocalist because it turns out he was secretly a woman beater and it only came to light once he was arrested

Auditioning new members fucking sucks
>>
>>29060334
you're a fucking faggot
who cares if he's a woman beater... if he's good at making music then what the fuck does it matter?
would you kick him out if he liked something you don't like too? or he's not a liberal fucking pansy like you are? or he doesn't agree with homosexuality? or he has any opinion that you don't share...

fucking retard
>>
>>29060415
nice b8 m8, I almost thought about replying seriously
>>
File: 1464904906126.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464904906126.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>ywn play a great show for a crowd of people that love your music
>ywn trash said venue in a wave of ferocious energy and get banned for life
>>
>>29060462
no, ont even that anon but why let him go if hes talented? FOr marketing or just because you think its morally a bad thing to beat women? Im not advocating for either, just asking
>>
/videofag/ popping in here to drop off a big FUCK YOU to music bitches. Fucking fag-ass homos. Video will ALWAYS be superior to audio. Prove me wrong if you disagree. Oh wait- you can't. Retards.
>>
>>29060462
ask yourself if you would kick out a dude who gets in bar fights

if you understand the answer, you will realize why we consider you a cuck right now
>>
>>29060865
Both reasons. I might have been okay with it if he was provoked, they started it, whatever. But he admitted he beat them just because he was mad during an argument. And he's shown it's a pattern, not an isolated incident. Also it would definitely be bad if/when word gets out to fans that he beats women.
>>
File: 1454642139484.png (134 KB, 455x555) Image search: [Google]
1454642139484.png
134 KB, 455x555
>can play a few instruments extremely well
>always struggle when it comes to songwriting

Just fucking end me, there is no feeling worse than this I'm convinced. Art is one big fucking meme, and only people who go outside and experience life and love could ever hope to truly connect with others in a meaningful way.
>>
>>29061007
you should have just kept him and used him while you waited for someone else
>>
>over 300 songs written all of them half finished
>too much of a lazy piece of shit to finish them let alone post them to bandcamp

Literally no worse feel as a musicfag, I just wish I had people who like chill laid back music, the scene in my area is all crustpunk fags and nirvana rips. So i just sit alone in my room and make up shitty bedroom recordings
>>
>>29060940
A silent film is always shit
>>
>>29061056
nah, youre just too pussy to finish a song becuase you want the perfect finish
>>
>>29061081
Only to uneducated cucks like yourself. What, not enough loud explosions and gunshots for you? Smh
>>
File: space feels.jpg (242 KB, 1249x797) Image search: [Google]
space feels.jpg
242 KB, 1249x797
Gnawa music's really amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29NDbwDTTfM
I'll have to look a bit more for this stuff, because this one doesn't seem to be long enough to be completely "authentic" or whatever.

This music's pretty incredible though, because the Gnawa tribes believe it has magical powers. Each "piece" would last the entire night long, with very few breaks. No two performances were ever the same, because they were mostly improvised. Throughout each performance, there's a droning buzz between the root and the fifth note. That fifth interval is pretty cool because it's the "purest" and most harmonious interval there is, at least mathematically, so you can see how it'd be appealing to mystics. Each of the different voices is supposed to represent different spirits and they call and respond to each other.

It's all been put together like this because it makes the people listening to it drop into a deep, spiritual trance. While they're dancing to it, they get completely lost in the sound and they fall into a different state of consciousness. They start having weird visions, profound introspection, and feelings of contact with their ancestors and other-worldly beings.

I've read a few books on spiritual experiences, so I'm really interested in that kind of mystical aspect of music. There are a few bands that toy around with magic rituals. Coil are pretty big on that. They mess around with hallucinogens and different occultic practices while they're making their albums. They're the only music I've heard that really sounds influenced by dissociatives, which I think they've admitted using while recording.
>>
since its a music thread post some tunes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR3Pko6UsEk
>>
>>29055532
>>29056033
>>29056551
>>29058473
>>29059283
>>29060847
I feel all these feels it sucks having a burning passion with no one around to show or care even.

>live in rural area
>everyone listens to top 40
>literally no one with similar taste in music so can't establish a home crowd for shows

>town is ultraconservative
>weekly town music shows have denied me over and over from playing
>played bars but no younger audiences
>all drunk old dudes asking me to play Neil Young
I mean I played for them and sang with them and had a good time but it did nothing to establish myself as a band
>reached out to promoters in the nearby urban towns
>sent them samples of my music
>no replies
>tfw I have to either give up or start playing on the street to garner attention
>>
File: confused_man1.gif (90 KB, 590x300) Image search: [Google]
confused_man1.gif
90 KB, 590x300
>>29061349
>conservative old dudes
>asking you to play neil young
>>
>>29061416
Welcome to my living nightmare friend
>>
>>29058560
I wouldnt call myself a virtuoso but same here
>start playing
>get really good fast
>guitar teacher says i should study this shit at college instead of marketing
>tendonitis
Is this really the end?
>>
Does anyone want to make a band? If you'd like some instrument in a song I can help with that too, robot collab stuff would be cool. I play saxophones, clarinet, trumpet and tbone, dbass, and fretless guitar. I'm currently looking for a guitarist and keyboard player for a cover of a song I'm doing
>>
File: 1461107179740.jpg (6 KB, 188x159) Image search: [Google]
1461107179740.jpg
6 KB, 188x159
>tfw haven't touched an instrument since dropping out of conservatory in 2011
>>
File: 1434775160759.jpg (45 KB, 494x468) Image search: [Google]
1434775160759.jpg
45 KB, 494x468
>tfw laptop broke
>tfw using old vintage synths and synth modules is turning out to be harder than expected
>tfw switch to ableton isn't going well
>tfw can't seriously work at my piano playing without banging my head into the keys every time i miss a note
>tfw haven't touched a track in more than a month now
kill me
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.