[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you doing to improve your life, /r9k/? I've done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 11307122236_638a8fdbf0_o.jpg (542 KB, 1462x2251) Image search: [Google]
11307122236_638a8fdbf0_o.jpg
542 KB, 1462x2251
What are you doing to improve your life, /r9k/?

I've done a pretty good job of sticking to the programming courses I mentioned to you earlier this week.

I'm cleaning my room by fixing one or two things every time I leave it. This prevents me from feeling overwhelmed with the task.

I've started my first programming project. I'm making an app in Python for Linux. I'll migrate it to JS when I get t olearning that language.

I'm probably going to masturbate now and get back to coding. Have a lovely Saturday evening, Misters Roboto.
>>
>>29055016
That's cool that you found an interest. Do you consider it a hobby? Or is this something that you want to do for a living?

As for me, nothing exciting. I've been exercising and cutting calories since April 1st. I went from 5'11" 220 lbs. to 201 lbs., so I'm happy with that. Still, I'm not celebrating until I hit my goal weight. I shouldn't have let myself go as much as I did. Should have gotten the hint months ago when I started avoiding mirrors.

Also I'm getting invisalign soon, so I'm stoked for that. I've always despised my smile, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get chin surgery once I'm done with straightening my teeth. I've got such a shit chin, my profile is terrible.
>>
>>29055016
I really want to start bodybuilding but the dieting part is really throwing me off. I can't find a simple easy guide to the dieting part or I would start bodybuilding tomorrow if I could. No joke I got the money for the food and gym membership I just need a good guide on the dieting part because I am stupid.
>>
File: 10997440724_c704cd75fb_o.jpg (703 KB, 1593x1377) Image search: [Google]
10997440724_c704cd75fb_o.jpg
703 KB, 1593x1377
>>29055125
It's for a living. For the longest time I've tried to put off becoming one. I don't know why. It's probably the only thing suited to my temperament. Maybe I was scared of succeeding or something.

Good luck with the weight loss. I need to lose a lot of weight, as well. But one thing at a time...

I'm glad to hear about your teeth. Chin augmentation is a pretty simple procedure. Just don't skimp on the doctor, please. That's how you end up dead.

>>29055158
The diet's really easy. 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per kilogram of the average weight for your height. (Check a BMI chart.)
>>
>>29055125
How much does chin surgery cost?
>>
>>29055473
Depends on what you want to get. For me, I'm a candidate for chin advancement, or genioplasty. They're basically going to cut the bottom portion of my chin bone, then push it forwards and attach some screws and metal plates between the gaps. Apparently its all done through the mouth, so no scarring happens. I was quoted for $4000, but it all depends on your insurance and the severity of your chin recession.

The other option is an actual chin implant, and I know little to nothing about that.
>>
>>29055469
Is any schooling needed for a programming job? I'm sure self-taught people can be just as good, if not better, but would they hire someone who is self-taught?

Thanks for the best wishes on the weight loss. I think the most frustrating thing for me is that I had plenty of warning signs while I was gaining weight, but I chose to ignore them. And yeah, I'm going to two different maxillofacial surgeons just to make sure I get the best results possible
>>
I'm glad to see some people on /r9k/ are finally trying to get their shit together. There was a time when suggesting any form of self-improvement would get you shouted down by a horde of angry neckbeards.
>>
>>29055903
I'm glad to see it as well. I understand that some people are too far gone, but I'd wager that 80% of robots are a year's worth of hard work away from being where they want to be, or at least tantalizingly close.

Starting is so fucking hard though. I wish laziness wasn't a human trait
>>
I stopped playing video games and alternate between drawing and learning programming
>>
>>29056079
But what do you do for fun?
>>
Thinking of my suicide method
>>
>>29055016
Got my learner license so I finally drive before I'm 25.
>>
>>29055016
You are getting to coky for someone who hasn't coded for the first time yet
You should stop and dramatically lower your expectations because this sorth of attitude is only going to make you fail and then you are going back to feeling like shit
>>
>>29056304
Wew. What kind of car will you be driving?

>>29056400
(You)
>>
>>29055016

What's your app OP?
>>
File: 10997360396_680f3505ba_o.jpg (825 KB, 2222x1656) Image search: [Google]
10997360396_680f3505ba_o.jpg
825 KB, 2222x1656
>>29056079
Sounds pretty zen. I find I can't play competitive video games anymore. I just end up thinking there are better things I could be doing with my time.

>>29056304
Nice. Same question as >>29056431

And is it manual or automatic?

>>29056441
... it's possible someone who follows me on Twitter is here, but fuck it. I'm making an alarm that's going to play my music files in the morning to wake me up. I've wanted to have my computer wake me up ever since I was 12 or so. I'll be fulfilling a childhood dream. Yes, it's stupid but I'm excited about it.
>>
>29056642

Nice one dude.

Keep programming and improving yourself.

You reap what you sow.
>>
>>29055016
>What are you doing to improve your life, /r9k/?
Got accepted to an elite uni, so I'm preparing to to well there and get a nice living going. I'm a little anxious about trying to get a social life at uni too. I hear a lot that the first week is extremely crucial to this.
>>
>>29055016

I'm learning C#, 3d modelling, and using my already attained musical abilities to make the game of my dreams.
>>
>>29055851
Make sure you got a great portfolio with interesting projects and you'll be fine without a degree/certs.
>>
>>29055158
depends on how much moeny you have e.g. if you're super rich get a nutritionist or if poor just general researchvia the internet. It also depends on what you're going for, I'd be happy to help if you could give a little more detail?
>>
Two months ago, I was working more than 40 hours in fast food, in line for a promotion I was never going to get, and fucking up my relationship due to constant anger, as well as playing fallout 4 vanilla. Now, I'm playing with mods.
>>
>>29056094
I exercise, play an instrument, read, take notes on the textbooks I read
>>
>>29055779
i thought chin implants are better than genioplasty
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.