[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who OCD or any other serious mental illness here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: OCD_handwash.jpg (236 KB, 1728x1800) Image search: [Google]
OCD_handwash.jpg
236 KB, 1728x1800
Have been dealing with OCD for the past 3 years which has slowly been ruining my life. My life before was bad but now it's just torture. Can't really do anything properly anymore. Any ideas on how to combat my thoughts?
>>
>>29054900
Don't focus on the OCD and the obsessions themselves. There's an underlying cause.

I know how this feels to a small degree (I have to check if I locked the door 15-20 times every time I leave the house). I also used to obsessively wash my hands, the whole germ thing etc. Staying away from my mother for extended periods helped calm the symptoms, although I probably don't have OCD.

I'm very emotionally unstable. My mother is a textbook narcisist and she ruined my life so far.

Social anxiety is so bad I almost dropped out, I can barely function (it takes a huge effort to go for 3 hours a day to a warehouse job and pass a couple courses per semester ).

The worst of all is that I currently know I am seriously physically ill and have been for over a year, but social anxiety and "ptsd" (so to say, just malfunctional behaviours) prevernts me from going to a doctor. I think about it every day, I worry about it all the time, it gets worse over the months but I still plan to go to the doctor next monday. I never do. And the general dissmissiveness of government doctors in this country(eu) doesn't help my fragile self-confidense.
>>
>>29054900
>When the back of your hands split open from washing them too much.
>When you stress all day about when to give yourself your next enema.
>When you play with your hair so much that you pull it out.
>When people make fun of you for smelling your fingers
>When your joins hurt from cracking them too much.
Does pacing count? Nevermind that's maladaptive daydreaming.
>>
File: 1460263118708.gif (164 KB, 494x332) Image search: [Google]
1460263118708.gif
164 KB, 494x332
I've got it and it fucks me up bad too man. Advice I heard was not to try and forcefully combat your thoughts at all, but just coolly detach yourself from them and allow them to exist for whatever period of time, just sit with them. And to try, hard as it can be, to resist acting on the compulsions for a little period of time.

I dunno maybe you've heard all that. I feel you anon.
>>
>>29055245
>When you stress all day about when to give yourself your next enema.
OCD+IBSbro?
If so me too, though I haven't ever done enemas.
>>
>>29055245
>Can't stop unplugging and plugging in my USB ports and taking apart my computer.
>Can't stop fiddling with door knobs and tapping on door till your fingers hurt.
>Can't stop looking behind you and making awkward motions with your body.
>Can't stop doing ridiculous things which have no purpose over and over again.
It can't get worse then this can it?
>>
>>29054900

I used to be on meds for it and they didn't work

st johns wort works for some reason

I cleaned up my diet as well since I started noticing my compulsions got worse after meals

your thoughts don't have cosmic control over the universe
>>
>>29055304
IBSbro? And I am usually not very ocd. Other stuff makes me do that I figure. I am actually diagnosed schizoaffective bipolar type one, not that they're right, but what are the odds that I could have EVEN MORE wrong. It seems from the outside in looking at myself that I might have a little ocd about alot of things, but people are creatures of habit.
>>29055334
Sounds bad.
>>
>>29055441
*Oh irritable bowel syndrome. I am now days either backed up or shitting acid, but I drink alot so who knows. Manly because of my sexuality is why the habit happened, but the trouble of irritation causes me to do daily enemas.
>>
File: 1437338513679.png (19 KB, 312x233) Image search: [Google]
1437338513679.png
19 KB, 312x233
>>29054900
Anyone else have intrusive thoughts, and if so what are they?
>>
>>29055441
>>29055512
I wonder if it's healthy for you to be doing them on a daily basis. If you mean irritation physically it might be causing it.

>>29055564
>features i find attractive in an intimate person will be deformed (tfw can't even bring myself to say the way i think they'll be deformed)
>unless i wash my hands perfectly i'll have bacteria/viruses that will make me sick
>fear i'll emotionally 'contaminate' a personally valued thing through assocation with something else
>>
>>29055701
It's supposed to be done every other day at the most if I recall, and with proper equipment. I've been doing it every day since I was 16 though and me stopping with the butt stuff for fun is hard enough. I'd feel dirty and afraid of infection without them, and worry about being burned, and split open after being constipated. So I'll never stop. Plus, if I push I get piles really easy, so there's that too.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.