[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you guys work? I just started a job taking care of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: 1435639638527.jpg (379 KB, 1422x1422) Image search: [Google]
1435639638527.jpg
379 KB, 1422x1422
Where do you guys work?

I just started a job taking care of severely mentally disabled people. I'm scared as fuck because of all the stories I heard but the pay is pretty good and the benefits are awesome since I'm working for the state. Anybody ever work something like that before? I'm expecting to get beat up by them since you can't really fight back without losing your job and going to jail.
>>
>have an easy job
>still fail at it
fucking kill me
>>
File: snibbeti snip.png (118 KB, 513x301) Image search: [Google]
snibbeti snip.png
118 KB, 513x301
OP, why are you doing mischief?

Pic related.
>>
File: 1464625823607.png (204 KB, 409x480) Image search: [Google]
1464625823607.png
204 KB, 409x480
>>29054285
>Where do you guys work?
>>
>>29054285

Grocery store for about 5 months. Gonna be employee of the month this month. Can't wait to quit, dealing with customers/inept coworkers that I have to clean up after is terrible.

How to live off passive income?
>>
>since you can't really fight back without losing your job and going to jail
Wrong. Those people who end up injured just suck at it. They'll teach and certify you to do restraint holds. It'll lock them so they can't move but depending on which type of restraint holds they teach you (e.g. Devereux CP/I, which the current company I work for uses; I have worked at another company that used some other that I can't remember the name, but it did hurt the person). However, before you resort to something like that, you'll end up using de-escalation techniques and only use restraints in a crisis situation (e.g. they're trying to physically harm you or themselves.)
>>
>>29054285
I am a software engineer. I work in the defense industry. I've been here just over two years, and it makes me want to kill myself. On the upside, it pays well. I have a car that I like, and I can afford good food and entertainment.
>>
File: smugwojakking.png (259 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
smugwojakking.png
259 KB, 640x640
>>29054432
This is a solid 10/10 post.
>>
>2016
>Still being a wagecuck
>>
>>29054285
Sounds like my job. Got vomited on yesterday and spit at the day before. I hate it.

But one nurse there is qt and nice to me
>>
>>29054285
that pic ayy lmao

>Select all images with a store front.
>Click verify once there are none left.
>>
I've been working as a commercial fisherman for 3 years now. Decent pay, time off in between, unemployment. It's hard work, but it allows me to come back home and have absolute free time while my friends and family are stuck in 9-5 lifestyles.
>>
>>29054535
>I work in the defense industry
where do you work
why do you hate your job
im a union pipefitter for a shipyard owned by general dynamics and i enjoy every second of it
>>
>>29054750
I enjoy the bantz, but the work is so, so dull. I'm not intellectually satisfied. It's also so hard to get information that I need to do my job, because secrets.
>>
>>29054285

I work in research. I manage the lab. It's a terrible job. My job exists due to poor time management from the investigators and excessive bureaucratic red tape. The co-workers are good to talk to though. One girl I work with is a qt. Always sitting there with her shoes off on her little heater, and she always smells good.
>>
Retail. I don't care about the work at all and the customers have too much money for their ego to hold.
>>
>>29055354

Just a job to get some change and pass the time or is this like a manager job or something?
>>
I'm an apprentice plumber, get paid 230 euros a week
>>
>>29055408

Damn. When do you get a pay jump?
>>
>>29055509
In a year I'll get 350, then next near 450 then 550
>>
>>29055581

When do you go to full plumber?
>>
File: pussbway.jpg (25 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
pussbway.jpg
25 KB, 280x280
at least you're gonna have some funny tales from your job. mines sitting on the phones. most interesting part of the day would be hearing some 40+ wizard get super salty because you rang them during "dinner time" kek
>>
>>29055602
after 4 or 5 years. it's not too bad desu It'll be handy being able to be able to fix my own plumbing at home and get extra money doing jobs for friends on the weekends
>>
>>29055714
Do you dress like Mario?
>>
Software Engineer at a pretty big video game company. Pays really well and made a ton after a buyout a while ago. Fairly happy, wish I made shit that was actually valuable to humanity though.
>>
>>29055714

Yeah sounds like a decent gig. I had another question for you, but I got to take care of something. Peace man, and good luck with plumbing.
>>
>>29055749
Yes, it's a requirement
>>
File: 1458994159537.jpg (77 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458994159537.jpg
77 KB, 640x640
>>29055841
I'll be thinking of you next time I'm pulling a ball of hair and shit out of a drain m8
>>
Technical/Application support at one of the big automation companies.

I find it more fun than the usual programming(websites, desktop apps). It doesn't pay baddly and the guys there are pretty chill. Little more Chaddish than normal software engineers(because they are mechanical engineers). But it's not bad at all.
>>
>>29054750
>union pipefitter
How hard was it to get in?
>>
>>29054285
im a trucker the pays ok I get to see some of the world

oh and your dead if you cut me up ya bloody cunts
>>
>>29054535
It must suck working for the military industrial complex. My brother is graduating from Aerospace Engineering, I wonder if I should tell him he will be out of a job once we kick out this government of ours for their inept actions.
>>
>>29054285
Been doing the night security guard meme for a year.

I drive 40 minutes to a muddy field and sit in a hut for 12 hours. If people try pinching stuff I call the police.

Hasn't happened yet tho I mostly just shitpost and watch anime all night.
>>
Costco

Shit is great but you have to have good work ethic or you'll go nowhere
>>
I work as a material handler at a distribution center. I work by myself 98% of the time
>>
Emergency department of a major trauma centre as a junior doctor.

Hours a bit shit but the work is quite enjoyable. Always learning new stuff too.
>>
I work for what's called a conservation authority in Ontario. I am a water resources engineer.
>>
Americorps NCCC
>>
I am a flour taste tester. I make sure your flour is suitable for all your baking needs.
>>
Construction worker, mostly foundation repair. It's brutal this time of year, but at least I'm not a roofer.
>>
>>29054489
They're going to teach us something called PMAB. So I don't know how well that'll work.
>>
Anybody have any cool job stories?

I'm a 25 year old NEET and I want to change my life around so I've been applying like crazy to jobs.
>>
Clothing store. It sucks. Applied at a local bakery, hoping to get that job but who knows. Retail isn't ideal but I'm good at it and it pays ok
>>
>>29056059
that sounds perfect for me while I'm in school. How did you get the job?
>>
>>29054285
I work for a Sheriff's Office. Won't say which one.
>>
>>29056277
underrated job desu famalia
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Senior associate at a pe firm
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.