[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>r9k's not just satire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1464411768313.jpg (16 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1464411768313.jpg
16 KB, 480x270
>r9k's not just satire
>>
>>29053865

........duh

jalapenyo
>>
>being this new

I want normalcucks off this board
>>
File: 1463813777515.jpg (58 KB, 856x907) Image search: [Google]
1463813777515.jpg
58 KB, 856x907
>>29053901
>normalfags are the cucks
Wew
>>
Welcome newfag, enjoy your memery here
>>
you can't force sincere things to become ironic by implying that they are

it only goes the one way. lrn2universe.
>>
>>29053983
Robot feelings don't matter
>>
>>29053865
It was originally people who were just lonely. Then it became slightly like the suffering olympics and Moot killed it.

When it came back various forms like Puahate, sluthate and reddit had become much more predominant and many of those users funneled onto the board. At first it was a sardonic exaggeration of the user's internal suffering and instant willingness to blame others for it, but it quickly became serious.

However, the extreme "kill / enslave all women, why don't you something something BBC, give up your shitpussy, there's nothing wrong with wanting to fuck an 8 year old since girls have sex (ignore that it's with people their own age) by 13 and I don't want to be a cuck!!!!!" crowd is still a minority, just a VERY VERY vocal one.
>>
>>29054025
Before the normie influx that later became soc, and later the roneryfags, /r9k/ was just a bunch of socially awkward pseudointellectuals.
>>
>>29054061
You're right, I could go into more detail about the short lived "a gentleman's /b/" era, the rise of draw-avatarfags and etc. but I described it as "originally lonely people" because there was always a sense of alienation from normal people- it was just much more subtle.

The jist of it is, that wojak, more accurately "warm face.jpg" or as it was simply called at the time ">Tfw no gf guy" (by people who didn't know his history) EXPLODED on 4chan and people needed a container for it. Ronery threads switched from being a /b/ staple to an /r9k/ staple due to our friendliness towards greentext stories (slower board, more likely someone would advise you on your scenario, etc.), and seemed to present the most optimal home / board to direct people spamming wojak to.

Regrettably, trying to contain that feel only tempered, forged it into a deadly weapon to kill boards and destroy culture. This precedent for self-loathing, isolation, and lack of self-reflection is what caused moot to bring the hammer down on the board, what mounted the pressure on him to bring it back, and set the stage for /r9k/ becoming the most awful place on 4chan at the present time.

That's the rough of it anyways.
>>
>>29054164
Ah, wojak's become so ubiquitous in this day and age I almost forgot the explosion.

Yeah, that was definitely a turning point on the board.
>>
>>29053931
>Well, normalfags are the ones who can get a gf and get cucked.
>>
>>29054011
no, but they're what you're working with here
you don't have the demographics to crowd out the sad squad, and even if you did, they'd dry up, because they have no good reason to be here

i get it, you see this place as an overlooked nook where mold is allowed to form, and you're trying to clean it out, but your metaphor is wrong: this is the outside, and you're trying to vacuum the lawn

people come here because they have bad lives. eliminating the place where they come won't make their lives less bad, it'll just force you into an endless game of whack-a-mole

as a wise man once said to me:
>there is no individual solution to systemic problems

you could afford to learn from him
>>
>>29054025
i like how you basically slammed together everything you don't like into a single "crowd"

you are bad at this not only because you're trying to bail out a sieve, but because you won't even allow yourself to understand the people you're trying to fight

>>29054164
>board culture
this is board culture
>>
>>29054488
I'll admit that all the people I bundled together aren't one single hivemind or anything but there are individuals who will facetiously encourage all of those in order to troll.

I grouped them together under a simple rule, they're all malicious and incredibly territorial over "muh board". I can't stop them, and I won't, but I won't hold back from insulting or provoking them. All's fair, right?
>>
i still can't figure out who the fuck are normies and who are robots. because all anybody knows is that THEY'RE not a normie, of course
>>
>>29054530
>insult and provoke people
>surprised when they retaliate and band together
>insult and provoke people
>not a malicious action
you are clearly the victim here
>>
>>29054625
>implying those individual's entire posting isn't insulting and provoking, and that they're not notable for launching attacks on other users simply for being part of specific demographics or holding benign opinions
>>
>>29054745
>normie comes to a website famous for being full of weirdos
>flails at them, gets yelled at
>still thinks he's the victim
>>
>>29054775
Then they use the "hugbox" retort, they're cyber-rapefugees.
>>
>>29055263
no, anon, you are the refugees
>>
>>29055452
and then anon was a zombie
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.