[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6
File: laughing cunts.jpg (118 KB, 866x1300) Image search: [Google]
laughing cunts.jpg
118 KB, 866x1300
How come normies have zero self-awareness or any sense of introspection?
>>
File: ghr.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ghr.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>29053387
because it would destroy them.
Normies are just coping like anyone else by living social. As long as you are filing your mind with useless stuff and hobbies they will never excel in, normies don't have to think like robots do.
The social interaction and hierarchy comes natural to them subconsciously, since they trained it throughout their youth.
Their mind will actively revolt against this self insight, as it means to live outside the known training and giving up all the coping mechanisms.
>>
>>29053459
I agree with you, but I can't tell if you're being serious or not because of the pic you attached.
>>
Think of it as a video game. >robots are players
>normies are npcs
>chads are that fucking glitchy boss you can't beat no matter what
>>
>>29053387
why would they have these things?
they don't live with themselves or in the world
they live with others in a social world
only the dejected need to look in those places for something they have to find there
>>
>>29053597
I agree, oregano orgiianl
>>
>>29053387
I'd say 80 percent of the normie population who follows fads, watches big bang theory, etc have no self awareness. The rest actually are self aware.
>>
File: 1453776673980.jpg (51 KB, 698x289) Image search: [Google]
1453776673980.jpg
51 KB, 698x289
Normie here. I am both self-aware and introspective. I used to be a robot, but it was a phase that ended during high school after I learned to cope with my depression.
Just because this board is a cult devoted to living in misery doesn't mean every happy person is stupid. That's an incredibly shallow view of the world, and one that's pretty clearly wrong if you step outside this cesspool.
>>
File: chinesemonk.jpg (65 KB, 500x657) Image search: [Google]
chinesemonk.jpg
65 KB, 500x657
>>29054158
Most happy people are just sad people, pretending.

Or maybe that's just me projecting my experience of being "happy".

Is anyone really, actually happy?
>>
>>29053387
That's bullshit. You are project either your own feelings or how your parents/friends behave.

Most people have a decent amount of self-awareness.

Many have some delusions, ie they think that they deserve more or that they are exceptional, that things will change, they'll be recognized etc etc, but these are very common human behaviours and can be considered normal.

You on the other hand can't even reproduce. I'd say you are the one that lacks the self-insight.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 300x100
please smile anon
SMILE
>>
You can't have these and also be happy.
>>
>>29054290
I'd say that I am. I found hobbies that actually make me happy, like running and reading and painting. Stuff like that makes you a healthier and generally more interesting person, which leads to developing better friendships, which also make me happy.
I was depressed when I was younger and tried to hang myself. I realized I couldn't blame others for my loneliness, so I started obsessively improving myself. It works.
/r9k/ is the antithesis of this, a place that worships depression and sees anyone with something they don't have as evil. It's terribly unhealthy.
>>
>>29054513
False. Having them will inevitably lead to an existential crisis, that's true.
The issue is that you robots think your answer to the crisis -- depression and self-imposed isolation -- is the only "true" one, which is very silly. There are alternatives, but this board has trained itself to instinctively hate them all because almost all of them lead to happier results.
>>
>>29054595
Pray tell what would those be.
>>
>>29054519
Why are you still here? You're free, leave. We wallow in our misery and worship it, sure. I live in eternal angst, clinging to my depression as an excuse for what's probably laziness. That's why I'm still depressed. I won't let myself out. There's real depression in there but it's like, the mind keeps itself down when you're afraid of work. I'm afraid of being like everyone else--I think I'm just so woke and self-aware because I'm depressed. We glorify it. We glorify everything. The struggle against depression is a noble one, isn't it? I like to think I'm aware. I'm aware, but I'm still edgy. Awareness doesn't make edginess less shit. No one knows what I mean by edgy. I hate myself, friend, and I cover it up by hating other people. The people who call others sheeple are sheeple to me, because I'm just so goddamned woke, and I can't pull my overlarge pretentious head out of my ass because I don't want to.

I'm happy for you. I wish I wasn't a piece of shit, but not really, because then I'd have to change. I like you. I'm glad you like life. You made me a little bit happier reading that.
>>
>>29054632
Mine was, as I said before, borderline obsessive amounts of self-improvement. I was a scrawny fuck, but I started running every day, reading books every day, studying every day, and teaching myself skills like drawing and painting.
My logic at the time was that after I failed to kill myself I might as well give life a shot because if I got this far and still hated living, I could end it for real. But now I'm here and no longer want to die, so the experiment was a success.
>>
>>29054733
Seeing as my preffered suicide method would be shooting myself and the ammo I have is pretty reliable, I'm not very keen on trying. I might have had one misfire out of hundreds of rounds, if even that.
>>
>>29054721
>I'm happy for you. I wish I wasn't a piece of shit, but not really, because then I'd have to change. I like you. I'm glad you like life. You made me a little bit happier reading that.
That's why I'm here, anon. I empathize with some of the feelings here but try to find threads like this where I can point out that it doesn't have to be this way. I've met many people in real life eho seem like normies but are hiding suicidal depression, and I try to make them feel better whenever I can too.
I don't come to /r9k/ very much, I almost exclusively visit /lit/. Sometimes /lit/ gets flooded with robots who, in addition to never actually reading, start a bunch of pepe threads about hating people, being angry, asking why women are incapable of writing/reading, etc. Sometimes that inspires me to do the opposite.
>>
>>29053387
Normies are attractive enough to have functional lives. They also believe that they are temporarily embarassed chads and stacies.

Most aren't happy but they have some stuff in life to care about and look forward too.

Robots don't even have that.
>>
>>29054790
Trying to kill yourself isn't an essential part of the process, it was just a wake up call that pushed me in the right direction. I don't wish suicide on anyone, it was the single worst moment of my life.
>>
>>29054903
I just can't bring myself to improve, when improving is only making me more miserable. Working hard for what Chad gets easily is. On the other hand, being a shit NEET doesn't. Not as much anyways.
>>
>>29054966
The problem for me is that I know even if I did put in the work I would never be as successful as Chad. I'm going to put in all this hard work just to get a waifu that's a past chad pump and dump
>>
>>29054966
What is it about your attempts at improvement that bothers you?
Also, the narrative of Chads easily getting everything in life is nothing but an /r9k/ delusion. A handful of rich trust fund kids live like that, but the people you interact with every day are not nearly that one-dimensional. The posters here use that idea to dehumanize them and see themselves as better people.
>>
Normies adopt a vapid mindset. They will not think further than 1 day ahead and live for the moment while a robot will dwell on things that haven't even happened and send themselves into a spiral of despair.
>>
>>29054458
>Most people have a decent amount of self-awareness.

Wrong.

See: modern American women, all Chads
>>
>>29055035
Yeah that's another thing. Why work when you know the results are necessarily going to be subpar. I know that rationally, having something is better than having nothing, but it's hard not being miserable and hateful about getting less.
>>
>>29055093
Nice meme bruh, but Chad does get everything easy. A chad will get hired for a jon he is under qualified for just because he is attractive. Girls will throw themselves at a Chad. Chad lives life on easy.
>>
>>29055093
Chads get many things very easily. At least the ones I know. Like the tall and good looking guys. Who can get the woman I couldn't even dream of without putting in any work.
>>
>>29055093
It's not so much an /r9k/ delusion as much as it is having decent observational skills, idiot.
>>
>>29053387
introspection?
considering that you use the word "normie" don't talk to me about introspection.
>>
>>29055153
I guarantee you aren't much better if a mere word you could have easily ignored as everything else stops you from talking, faggot.
>>
>>29055101
>>29055106
>>29055120
These are delusions. You build them up in your head as truth because they're repeated endlessly here and because this imaginary scapegoat gives you an excuse to feel superior for doing nothing at all.
>>
>>29053387
Normies are all about fitting in with society ie subconsciously regulating themselves to be more like an external ideal. Introverts are naturally more prone to introspection.
>>
>>29055153
What do you mean? Are you saying that there are no such thing as normies.
>>
>>29055188
Yes, that's how delusions work, but you have yet to prove that they are delusions. Keep up your say-nothing rhetoric, retard, you're exactly the kind of person OP is referring to.
>>
Imagine yourself when you were about 12-14 (depend on the person of course). happy-go-lucky, don't think a lot about anything, accept the world as what it is, very often good faith / belief in god (and of course you're always a good person).

that's pretty much how a lot of people live. it's unbelievable to robots but that's what the evidence shows. the more adversity one has to go through, the less chance that they would stay in that state.
>>
>>29055152
No, it's caused by having very selective observational skills. People that think about nothing but sex every single day exist, but everyone here claims that almost every non-robot is like that, which is silly.
>>
>>29055188
Are you being serious. You really believe that Chads do not exist. Do you really believe that with enough hard work meme and gym meme we can be just as good as chad.

I can't tell if this is bait or not.
>>
>>29055251
>People that think about nothing but sex every single day exist, but everyone here claims that almost every non-robot is like that, which is silly.

How does any of this even begin to refute the notion of Chads getting everything and anything (or w/e variation is more accurate)?

Quit beating around the bush.
>>
>>29053387
A robot isn't introspective, he just has his head stuck up his arse.

There are plenty of people who are self-aware and they're aware that they're not so bad.

Robots are delusional and self-obsessed. Introspection is only useful in a wider context - a framework within which what you find can make sense.

No amount of introspection is worth anything until you consider the effect you have on others - until you consider that you can't know if you're good or bad.
>>
>>29055226
I'm sorry that I can't conduct some kind of large-scale sociological study to empirically prove most people are not the caricatures that robots claim they are. If you met a lot of people without the very evident bitterness and baseless hatred you're harboring, you could learn yourself, but you are unlikely to do that.
>>
>>29055251
You normalshits think about things other than sex. They're just always only one evolutionary step away from sex. For example you think about social status a lot because that's evolutionarily how you get the best mates.
>>
>>29055201
r9k use to call them normalfags
now why do you suppose that changed?
>>
>>29055188
But Chad does really get many things easier. Attractive people do. It's a fact.
>>
>>29055257
Hard work and the gym are not memes. They helped me and they could help you too if you let them.
Chads exist, but are a lot rarer than any robot realizes. Most people who seem like chads also have large amounts of stress and insecurity, sometimes depression as well.
But you'll probably just call me a retard, I dunno.
>>
>>29055321
>I'm sorry that I can't conduct some kind of large-scale sociological study to empirically prove most people are not the caricatures that robots claim they are.
>I can't

So stop talking.

And I guarantee I've met a lot more genuinely good people than you in my life; I can assure you nothing on my end is "baseless," normies, especially ones my age (20) really are completely fucking insightless vermin. It's incredible what happens when you get older and completely lose your childhood charm that everyone had.
>>
>>29055374
Despite having this stress and insecurity they also have better lives for less effort.
>>
>>29055335
That's some nice projection, my friend. I have hobbies and go to uni, none of which us related to sex.
>>29055362
Ok. So? Do you let one inconvenient limitation force you into a life of misery, or do you live the best life you can anyway? There are lots of unhappy details like these in life. You can't let them destroy you like /r9k/ does.
>>
>>29055306
he is though. wouldn't call it introspection necessarily, more like word awareness. a robot has no motivation or will to participate in the world because he constantly questions the meaning and vanity in everything he does
>>
>>29055391
I'm 19, so don't act like a jaded old vietnam war vet. I meet plenty of people who are not insightless vermin. I don't know what you're so angry about, anon.
>>
>>29055446
>I have hobbies and go to uni, none of which us related to sex
that would depend on the hobbies and degree, wouldn't it, dumb normie?
>>
>>29055374
Every human being who has ever lived has the potential to face stress and insecurity (but most certainly not long term depression) but that doesn't mean they can't trampoline out of it 10x easier than robots.
>>
>>29055488
>I'm 19
trust me, you're still a kid
>>
>>29055306
>No amount of introspection is worth anything until you consider the effect you have on others - until you consider that you can't know if you're good or bad.

>>29053387
This is your answer op, normies are so socially driven that they don't care about knowledge or truth for its own sake, only how it affects them and their position socially. Of course they're all going to be idiots.
>>
>>29055490
I run, read, paint, and I'm getting a physics degree so that I can eventually do astrophysics research.
>>29055508
I am, but a 20 year old has no reached some advanced stage of life incomprehensible to me.
>>
>>29055488
>I meet plenty of people who are not insightless vermin

Would you like me to be the judge of that? Because you obviously haven't learned anything from them given how stupid you're being in this thread, so you're probably full of shit.
>>
>>29055446
>Ok. So? Do you let one inconvenient limitation force you into a life of misery, or do you live the best life you can anyway? There are lots of unhappy details like these in life. You can't let them destroy you like /r9k/ does.
Trying to contribute to society despite being non-Chad is making me even more miserable to be honest.
>>
Why do you guys insist on distancing yourself from normies? You'll find most of them think like you, they just choose not to express, articulate and channel those thoughts as overtly pathetic as you do.
>>
>>29054519
I don't blame others, I blame myself for not being able to get along with others.
My mind is autistic, always thinking in a technical, scientific, cold manner that often leads to people feeling repulsed by me, since I say things that are ugly, disgusting, but nevertheless the truth, simply because I am always striving to logic.
So, I have to pretend that I am "human" like the others, in order to not be seen as a creep, pig, robot and so on. I can, and I can feel happy when I do it, but I know I am not being completely honest, I think that it's pretty fucked up that happiness is not like people say it is and that society forces you to become somewhat of a sociopath in order to be successful.
>>
>>29055555
what ratio of normie time do you think is spent on reading, painting, and physics relative to social media, 'hanging out', and business?
>>
>>29055565
>every person I've met is awful
>I've met some people who are good anon
>no you're full of shit
This is silly.
>>
>>29055596
You're pathetic and stupid, there are just more of you to buoy each other.
>>
Most normals' lives are simulations of their consumed media and whatever introspection they undertake leads them back to the psychology they abstracted from the media. This makes it so that not only does media shew their psychology to them, it is their psychology.
>>
>>29055672
>he makes a claim
>you make a claim
>but he should believe you or its silly
all i see is evidence that normies can't introspect, anon
>>
>>29055672
That's why I'm asking you to prove it.

Do you guys see this kid? How stupid are you?
>>
>>29055538
This acquired autism at its best. At no point did you consider that your effect on others might be important because upsetting people can be bad regardless of how it affects your social standing.

You can consider your effect on others to be good while adversely affecting your social standing - being kind to a robot for example.

But yeah whatever. Totally miss the point because once again you're always right.
>>
>>29055228
this desu. every robot was a normie once, when he was a child
>>
>>29055676
Hahaha okay friend
>>
>>29055347
i dont know
why did it change
>>
>>29055765
>dumbass who thinks objective morality exists
>can't introspect enough to realize the reason he has this stupid belief is emulating society
>lacks the awareness to realize societies perpetuate this belief as social lubrication
what a normie
>>
>>29055732
>>29055710
I said it was silly because both statements are impossible to prove. You can't empirically prove all people are evil or good. I said he was misguided in saying all people are vermin, and he asked me to "prove" that. That's the stupid part.
>>
>>29055769
i was already acting weird when I was 3 and in preschool, sperging out over board game rules as a 4 year old

i learned how to read at 3. i would have gotten skipped a grade in elementary school but my parents blocked it for retarded reasons.

a lot of robots overreact and dig themselves their own holes, but if your mind is *actually* different from the get-go then it gets difficult.

also the chad thing is meme'd a lot but you have actual studies showing that taller people are subconsciously preferred in a lot of ways
>>
>>29055817
MASS APPEAL
your memes, your culture
its all prepackaged in the least offensive way possible
>>
>>29055228
>>29055769
Spotted the failed normies
>What is High Functioning Autism
>>
>>29055850
You do realise it's society that allows you to dwell in your mom's basement don't you?

There are things like 2+2=4 which are absolute truths and then there are most other things that don't really matter. You faggots spend all day obsessing over nothings and construct your own frameworks of bullshit to justify your delusions of superiority without ever checking elsewhere to wonder if you might be wrong.

If you do things that routinely upsets everyone else then perhaps those things are wrong.
>>
>>29055958
You could always make an effort to get along with people.

The trick isn't so much what you say but what you don't say.
>>
>>29055555
five 5s

nice quints
>>
>you will never fully understand how another human being thinks
>for all you know your thinking patterns could be extremely different from "normal" people. resulting in your social inability
>for all you know, everyone could think the exact same as you, even contemplating how other people think and so on
>>
>>29055958
That sucks. I was kinda normie as a kid and became a robot as time went. must be terrible to be stricken by this curse from a young age
>>
>>29055374
You can work as hard as you want. You can lift till you look like a greek god. The problem that a lot of robots face is that there faces are ugly or they are manlets. You can't fix those things and for 98%+ of women they are deal breakers.
>>
>>29053387
How the fuck do you know they don't? You don't know. You only think they don't, because your mind can't conceive any consciousness other than your own. Anyone who does something that you can't see yourself doing is "only doing it to fit in" or whatever.

You people are fucking pathetic. You want what the normies have so badly that you'll actually say shit like this to make yourself want it less. You all fucking wish you could be normies.
>>
>>29056727
I get attacked in the weirdest ways on here if I so much as mention my lack of virginity. Feels pretty good, actually. I keep coming back to give advice but I stick around for the REEEEE'ing.
>>
>>29056727
Truth my man. Hard to believe there are people who actually think this way. It seems so irrational. Too irrational to be real.
>>
They can't handle the fact that they'll die one day so they distract themselves with le small talk, fake smiles, wageslavery and partying
>>
>>29055228
i was bullied since i was 8, i was lonely and i sure as hell wasn'ty happy-go-lucky at 12-14, i was getting into nihilism and shit back then
>>
>>29055035
Why do you care about her being a past chad pump and dump?
>>
File: 1464879187167.jpg (13 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1464879187167.jpg
13 KB, 184x184
Because the "Fuck The Haters looool xDd" has completely made them unaware of their own bad qualities and take any for of constructive criticism as an insult
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.