[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /nosocialmedia/ here? Are us high-paranoia-low-profile fags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: kot horses head.jpg (11 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
kot horses head.jpg
11 KB, 255x255
Who /nosocialmedia/ here?

Are us high-paranoia-low-profile fags being out-evolved by people with social media presence?

How can a robot even compete?
>>
>>29051881
I don't think a facebook is required to procreate.
>>
i have some accs to throll but nothing personal.
we are the lowest internet is no longer our home, we need to go back to the astral plane.
>>
File: ComfyasFuck.jpg (145 KB, 670x424) Image search: [Google]
ComfyasFuck.jpg
145 KB, 670x424
>>29051881
Social media is a waste of time but triggering landwhales on twitter is what I live for
>>
>>29051881

I'm from Belgium, i'm 21 years old and Facebook started to become big when i was around 15. I created an account, but i never posted pictures or anything on it. Never used Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat neither. The reason why ? I think i'm ugly as fuck, so i can't even post decent pictures.
>>
The closest thing I have is a steam profile.

Considered making a fake twitter to follow some people but never followed through.
>>
>>29051881
>I don't have a social media profile
ur so special dude wow
Kill yourself you special snowflake faggot
>>
File: NormalChad.jpg (95 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
NormalChad.jpg
95 KB, 1000x563
>>29051881
I have a facebook but it was full of horribly cringy shit that I posted when I was younger (15-18) So I deleted everything from it, set it to super private, and deactivated it.
>tfw my profile pics were all me doing some fucking pose with sunglasses on and a camera filter because I was insecure
>I actually made my profile pic a pokemon at one point
>All kinds of angry tumblr tier posts about depression and shit
God. That website should be 18+
I have a new one I made with my few actual friends on it and to join some groups for my interests (so I know when tabletop night is, and when cons are coming up etc.)
Basically what I'm trying to say is that it actually can be a useful program if you don't add retarded people that spam your feed with buzzfeed/relationship drama and other crap.
>>
>>29051881
i recently got into twitter but i mostly shitpost
also what the fuck dude this site is a form of social media
>>
>>29051881
I have nothing whatsoever. I have a few accounts on some anthropology forums but it's all filled with false information.

I hate it when normies look at me like I'm crazy for not having a Facebook account.
>>
File: bored cat.jpg (53 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
bored cat.jpg
53 KB, 403x403
I know that feel, OP
>people who are obsessed with social media like facebook, twitter, snapchat, instagram, vine and etc..
I still don't understand why normies like this stuff
occasionally I get called a caveman for not being up to date and using social media, I don't get what's so good about social media.
>some of them think it's a good way to stay in contact with people
it's not
>>
The only winning move is to not play.
>>
I found out last year most of my old classmates thought I was dead because nobody ever saw me around and I don't use social media.
>>
>>29051881
Used to use Twitter, but it's just full of fucking normies. The likes of Instagram and Snapchat are even fucking worse, full of Chads and Stacies. If you're an ugly incel it's useless.
>>
>>29051881
I don't even care

the idea of dying and being instantly forgotten is so much more appealing than being a normie fag.

think about how big of deal it is to normies if they have an old letter their Grandpa wrote to somebody.

now picture in the future when you have your Grandpa's Facebook updates for 50 years, you think you're going to read them all and be like wow what a deep person my hungover pants-shifting guy my grandad was.
>>
I made a facebook in high school but my avoidance has gotten much worse since then so i just pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
File: UUVV2920.jpg (68 KB, 461x720) Image search: [Google]
UUVV2920.jpg
68 KB, 461x720
>>29052476
same, I can't do that shit.
>>
>>29052474
In reality, no one is ever going to take the time to read your old facebook posts because no one cares, including your future grandchildren.
>>
>>29052501
yeah but even just the false idea that's it's supposed to be meaningful is enough to drive me far away.
>>
Social media is just a way for people to get ataboys from peers and try to show people they're successful and have an interesting life. It killed the internet and I hate it
>>
File: Screenshot_20160428-230237.png (463 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160428-230237.png
463 KB, 1440x2560
>>29051881
I only use Facebook to find left wing stuff that triggers /pol/
>>
>>29051881
I have facebook where I post picture every half a year and that's it. Spending time on social media is bullshit, just talk to ppl irl
>>
>>29052608
>spending time on social media is bullshit
>spends his time on 4chan

I mean come on, I don't use normiebook either but I don't delude myself into thinking that this isn't just as big a waste of time or even more so than regular social media is.
>>
>>29052658
4chan's kind of the opposite of social media, though. Social media's all about showing everyone how great you're doing. On 4chan, you're anonymous, and people who use tripcodes to try and get internet famous are usually mocked. If you want to be recognized on 4chan, you have to actually stand out in some way or another.
>>
>>29052743
This really doesn't change the fact that this place is a huge waste of time.
>>
>>29052778
If you think "it's a waste of time" is why most of us hate it, you've been misled. It's because it's just a big fucking circlejerk where everybody only talks about the best parts of their lives.
>>
>>29052778
> get to talk with people like you
> feel feels
> share feels they feel
> keeps millions of robots from sudoku

Waste of time, how?

> inb4 because it keeps robits alive
>>
I have no friends so there is no point in using any social media for me.
>>
I tell people I give people my cell number if they want to talk and they still look at me funny. Do normies think you have to use facebook to communicate?
>>
>>29052778
4chan is really great, you can discuss and share your ideas withouth prejudices, because everyone is anonymous here.
>>
File: 1464618605394.jpg (63 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1464618605394.jpg
63 KB, 900x900
OP wait until you're in you mid twenties. people start cooling their jets and stop giving a fuck about social media. Sure you'll have 2 or 3 people that are still huge attention whores but the rest gradually mature and stop giving a fuck.
>>
>>29052861
Same, I just call people when I need something
>>
File: 1459483152322.jpg (193 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
1459483152322.jpg
193 KB, 427x640
>>29052427

(you)'d for posterity
>>
Nobody really gives a shit about anyone on social media. Youre not really a friend, contact, buddy or whatever else its called to social media users. Youre an audience.

Youre there to take in all their shit and say wow great fuckin job good for you. Or boo hoo poor little you.

Youre there to never be messaged out of the blue unless its some bullshit birthday notification they jump on as easy empathy points to publicly show how much They care about You. You get it? Its always about them even when its not. Why would anyone put up with this fake empty shit??
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.