[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you imagine the future /r9k/? What kind of new Technologies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: future-city.jpg (380 KB, 850x680) Image search: [Google]
future-city.jpg
380 KB, 850x680
How do you imagine the future /r9k/? What kind of new Technologies will emerge? Do you think life as a robot will become easier in the future or will Chad 2.0 rule the new era as well?
>>
>>29051608
universal basic income desu, lad

can't wait for the days of free energy and eternal neetdom
>>
>>29051658
>implying
if anything of what you mentioned happens it will be long after we're all dead
>>
I think humanity is on its last leg tbqh. Even if we expand out into the universe we would have to either A. master terraforming or B. stretch the earths reserves of resources out to beyond the solar system until we find a suitable planet for habitation. It sounds cliche but how long can the human species survive war, natural disaster, or ecodisasters?
>>
File: 2017 CALENDAR.jpg (100 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2017 CALENDAR.jpg
100 KB, 640x480
It's really hard to say, but it's brief and fleeting and there's nothing we can do
>>
>>29051608
I imagine the future being overrun with niggers and sandniggers and that the entire planet will eventually looks like a South African slum town.
>>
Sony is working on a contact lens like Google Glass.

Self-driving cars.
>>
File: APOPHIS by Johnny Neptune.jpg (347 KB, 939x1280) Image search: [Google]
APOPHIS by Johnny Neptune.jpg
347 KB, 939x1280
Give or take a few years this scenario fits in perfectly with Nostradamus quatrain about they're being exactly one thousand years of total peace and harmony on Earth.... a second 'Garden of Eden' concept... All of the humans will be gone... Then, he states that in the year 3031 or something like that, give or take a year, our Sun supernovas .. ' the final conflagration'
>>
>>29051608
I have a lot of things I'd *like* to see, but how I think the future actually *will* turn out is best summarized by "like what we have now, only a little shittier". Being a robot will not get any easier and Chad will continue to have a huge advantage, because that's the nature of humans. Humans are social animals and so social, charismatic people will always rise to the top.

>>29051658
UBI won't happen because if you make it high enough to live on, you won't be able to make the budget balance, it'll just be way too expensive. And the vast majority of normies who are today working will never hear of it, since they resent being asked to pay for the support of someone who makes no effort to support themselves.

>>29052028
oh we'll survive just fine, right here on earth. The folks that are saying we can't are all scientists who based their whole careers on the concept of "space is cool", along with, now, a few industrialists who also think space is cool and are willing to drop a few billion if it gets them a ride on a rocket. Humans on earth won't be killed off by global warming or anything else - even a general thermonuclear WW3 would have a hard time wiping us out completely.

That's not to say that we won't have something happen where two or three billion people die, that's certainly possible, but it won't be all of us.
>>
>>29051608
We have maybe two more decades of relative peace, three tops, then the end will begin
>>
>>29052170
Good thing I'll be dead within a decade then.
>>
File: 013.png (515 KB, 1063x775) Image search: [Google]
013.png
515 KB, 1063x775
you pessimistic faggots should just do the genepool a favour and kill yourselves.

the world is still quite ugly, but has been steadily improving every year for decades. violence, income inequality, slavery, oppression, wars and hunger has been decreasing fiercely and shows no signs if stopping.
it isn't even that long ago that talking about lasting peace in Europe would get you laughed out of the room. we've come a seriously long way the last hundred years.

>b-but SJW, feminists, (((((JOOOS)))) and other political boogiemen the manchildren on the internet tells me to irrationally fear! t-these MSPaint infographics don't lie!
kill yourself.
>>
>>29052146
>Chad will continue to have a huge advantage
I dunno about that. The rich will obviously always have a better life than the poor but what if we manage to invent something like the mood organ from that Blade Runner book which can change your mood extremley accurately by clicking a few buttons. What if we can activate emotions and thoughts like like a big motivation and extreme happiness by swallowing a pill or clicking a few buttons? I think something like that would make even robots highly functional members of society and/ or literally Chad
>>
>>29052337
"progress has been made" does not imply "progress will continue to be made".

it also doesn't mean that we aren't continuing to create new problems for ourselves, even as old ones get solved. In the '50s America was afraid of the KGB, and the eyes and ears that they had everywhere undermining the world. Today we have a surveillance state of power and capabilities that would make the Soviets' jaws drop. Pretty soon, with facial recognition and the CCTV-everywhere program started in the homeland of one Mr. Orwell, government intelligence agencies will be able to track everywhere everyone goes, in close to real time. In addition to reading all their mail, knowing every place they visit online and what they read there, who their friends and associates are, and much more besides. We're far down the road to the tools that enable perfect totalitarianism.
>>
>>29052226
We will envy you, senpai
>>
DUDE SENSATIONALIST HEADLINES WE'RE DOOMED IN A FEW DECADES TOTALLY LMAO
Fuck off cucklefucks
>>
>not banging your hot android waifu 24/7
>>
In the future everyone will be a shitskin living in slums
You're too optimistic.
>>
>>29051608
The future will be way worse than now and that's saying something. Naive optimistic idiots like

>>29052337
>>29052641
are going to be in for a really shitty awakening when all the things their overlords promised them turn out to be nothing but empty air.
>>
>>29052641
That's when fresh water shortages will start causing droughts severe enough for mass famines, senpai
>>
>>29052797
You mean like how the present is so much worse than the past?
>>
>>29052797
>>29052798
>being an optimist
>being a pessimist
Kill yourself already, get the rope and do it fuckboy
>>
>>29051608
actually I always thought that shadowrun had a few interesting concepts. for example how the big companies are going to get bigger and bigger and there will be more rivalry between giant mega corporations than between countries. on the other side you'll have cool stuff like the matrix, better medicine and so on
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.