[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you want a relationships?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_mgvf8pqK0M1ridsxco1_250.gif (521 KB, 200x112) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgvf8pqK0M1ridsxco1_250.gif
521 KB, 200x112
Why do you incentivise relationships and sex so much?
They are just in the way of achieving your true goals.

Throughout my life I have seen people swapping partners, and the only thing that has come out of it are hurt feelings and kids out of wedlock.

Seriously it due to the fact that you are all from bad homes and you are looking to build better ones?
I had good parents and a good home, hence I never felt the need to seek love.

It's just preventing you from being the best person you can be.
Learn a language
Get good at a skill
Draw something
Get fit

Build a fucking robot

Shit man.

Trying to get laid isn't doing anything for you.

Have even met someone who has kids out of wedlock.

I want to ask you something which person do you have more respect for?

Dude A
>graduated college
>hailed online as a good artist
>works at a major video game studio
>speaks three languages
>been on multiple bussiness trips to Japan working for said company and worked with the Japanese staff
> Unlucky with the ladies though, he's never had sex with anyone or a relationship

Dude B
>barely graduated high school
>never really tried anything in life
>lives at home with his parents
>his siblings are making more money than him
>despite all of this he figured out how women work and has "bareback creampied"over 24 women
>Hates interactions with other people though
>>
>>29046712

That's not how it works, if you are successfull like "Dude A" you will get laid, no matter how autistic you are.
>>
>>29046741
nobody cares about a nerd with a degree if he's autistic and weird like mewtwo king

it doesn't matter if he likes going to japan
>>
Because I feel I'm most likely to derive a sense of fulfilment from life with a family.

It's not like I spend all of my time "trying to get laid".
I meet women, but they're not the type I'd want to be my wife and the mother of my children.
I could have probably had sex with a few of them not long after meeting them, and that was the problem.

I don't want sex.
I want a family.

It's not to the detriment of any other areas of my life, I'm pretty successful, I have a house, a car, a good job that could comfortably support my wife and children, friends and hobbies.

I'm starting to think I may just have an over romanticised view of love and family.
I'm starting to get to the point where I'm getting too old for it anyway.
>>
>>29046979
Disney is shit don't let that dictate your llife.

Were you from a good home?
If you didn't is this why you see having a family as a goal?

Also don't trust American women in this day and age, this isn't the 50's; having a family means nothing now
>>
>>29046840
alright, then what is achievement to you
>>
I'm guessing you're aged 18-22 and your friends that you regularly hang with haven't settled down with partners yet. Let's see how edgy you sound when you're 30+ and you want some company but you're socially irrelevant to people your age.
>>
>>29046712
i think there's no better feeling a human being can have than having a person to lay down next to, fall asleep together and knowing that that other person is happy you're there and you being happy that he/she is there.
As has been said on here a trillion times before, it's not about sex. People who have lots of meaningless sex with lots of different partners are disgusting lowlives with a horrible character to me. Unfortunately they also have a stronger impact on the global gen-pool which is the devastatingly sad part.

I only recently met a girl that I really liked and we got to intense kissing and cuddling on our way back home. Unfortunately we didn't get further because she can't stay here for long and I decied to call it quits before I get too envolved. But let me tell you, looking into her eyes, holding her and then getting real close to her and kissing her was by FAR the best feeling I've ever had in my 26 years of otherwise miserable existance. And I've palyed songs I wrote myself to hundreds of people live on stage. Didn't even come close.
>>
>>29047239
>Disney is shit don't let that dictate your llife.
Does love like that really not exist?

>Were you from a good home?
>If you didn't is this why you see having a family as a goal?
I wasn't from a great home, single mother, alcoholic deadbeat dad.
I don't think this is the reason behind it, if anything it turned me off the idea for a long time.
At this point I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of marriage and a family as an over romanticised ideal.
I just think of things like how nice it'd be to get home from work and hug my wife, telling each other about our day.
How nice it'd be to have somebody to look forward to seeing at the end of the day.
Somebody to fall asleep and wake up next to, somebody to love, who loves me back.

>Also don't trust American women in this day and age, this isn't the 50's; having a family means nothing now
I'm Australian, but I'm imagining our women are the same.
I've pretty quickly realised that the things I value are either completely dead, or never existed.
>>
>>29047711
>Does love like that really not exist?
Sure, but it imposes unrealistic standards on both parties

>I don't think this is the reason behind it,
I have known too many people from fucked up households who subconsciously want to make better homes..

You need a strong sense of self.
Be stoic, you don't need someone like that.
Just achieve your goals
>>
I think its natural to want a companion or lifemate, I'm sick of being alone and by myself all the time.
I want to be a father and family man.
>>
>git gud at lyfe: the post
i'd rather just do whatever i want that pleases me the most in any given situation, barring necessity like work.
being the best person you can be is a meme and that list of shit is unrealistic, it's more like this:
>tend to the front lawn so HoA doesn't fine you
>fold all your laundry, put it away, hang it all up
>clean the house, clean your toilet, clean your shower
>rinse the oil off the garage floor
>maintain your mode of transportation
>stretch before you go outside
>save more money
>>
File: 1432665393765.jpg (15 KB, 175x231) Image search: [Google]
1432665393765.jpg
15 KB, 175x231
>>29048606
>list of shit unrealistic
THAT FEEL WHEN I AM DUDE A

Nope, you live a life of complacency due to not having sucessful people around you
>>
>>29047698
Agreedo

Sex is great but it's really the intimacy and compassionship that I want. That is the "true goal"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.