[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who do you look up to and why? >tfw no role model in life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 17
File: man.png (197 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
man.png
197 KB, 400x400
Who do you look up to and why?

>tfw no role model in life
>>
i look up to zyzz
>>
Ole Anderson.
>>
File: herr powerfoot.jpg (30 KB, 398x400) Image search: [Google]
herr powerfoot.jpg
30 KB, 398x400
Hugh Herr is a mountain climber who lost his legs in an accident. Docs told him that he could never climb again, not even with prosthetics. So he started studying at MIT and he designed legs for himself that could make him climb even better than before. Now he is a biomechatronics engineer. I'm studying to be a bionics engineer and I really look up to him. My dream is to go to the MIT biomechatronics lab and meet him.

https://youtu.be/CDsNZJTWw0w
>>
I look up to my future self in 10 years time and try to beat him in everything he is good at
>>
>>29046093
>Docs told him that he could never climb again, not even with prosthetics. So he started studying at MIT and he designed legs for himself that could make him climb even better than before. Now he is a biomechatronics engineer.

Okay, if this is a true story, then I can approve of this. It's something more than just turning into a crappy 'just don't give up' motivational speaker. This would be achieving tangible results.
>>
File: john_530_big.jpg (208 KB, 530x424) Image search: [Google]
john_530_big.jpg
208 KB, 530x424
There isn't a single person I respect more than Carmack.
>>
>>29045966
>girl calls me a loser age 10
>not over it at 25
>she dated prime zyzz

Suffering
>>
>>29046114
Watch the video, he talks about it in the beginning.
>>
File: aybee.jpg (39 KB, 522x392) Image search: [Google]
aybee.jpg
39 KB, 522x392
>>29046142
smart white guys look like this.

i grew up on Alton Brown, no one has been able to teach, inspire and make me laugh all at the same time like he has.
>>
File: 1459603548702.jpg (35 KB, 300x359) Image search: [Google]
1459603548702.jpg
35 KB, 300x359
>>29045953
Lubos Motl

>theoretical physics genius
>got fired for expressing red-pilled views about women
>now lives the NEET life as a professional shitposter
>>
>>29045953
My dad. He grew up in the ghetto, worked hard, got into an Ivy League school, became a doctor, and started a family. Great guy, smart, athletic, strict but not mean, always there for us even while working long hours at the hospital...I fucking hate how much of a disappointment I am to him.
>>
>>29046002

everythings the shits tbqh
>>
Hunter S Thompson
>tfw all my role models are dead
>>
bump with oc
>>
Waiting for le funny hitler posting
>>
File: 0pat.jpg (190 KB, 597x595) Image search: [Google]
0pat.jpg
190 KB, 597x595
Pat Mcnamara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOliF5FoAA8
>>
>>29046230
Good choice! And coincidently, in one of his books he.mentioned showing up to interview Muhammad Ali...wearing a gorilla mask! And Ali thought he was hilarious.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 511x288
Good Ol Bob
>>
>>29048308
I like this guy because I want to be something like that too: physically in shape, jack of all trades, lot of hobbies, etc. I bet he can fuck 20 year old girls all day.
>>
>>29046222
checked

Also I'm a disappointment too, although my parents aren't much better than me. If you're not ridiculously old you can turn it around though.
>>
File: 1453690559896.jpg (95 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1453690559896.jpg
95 KB, 1000x1000
You were too beautiful for this world, Mein Fuehrer.
>>
>>29045953
>Who do you look up to and why?
I look only to myself. It's useless to have role model because :
1) you'll never meet him
2) you wont have similar experience that you could relate to him.
>>
>>29045953
Big boss from metal gear
>inb4 kill yourself
>>
File: Ungern234.jpg (45 KB, 341x460) Image search: [Google]
Ungern234.jpg
45 KB, 341x460
Baron Ungern Sternberg.

He was a schizophrenic who conquered Mongolia with the intent of using it as a base of operations to invade the Western world and destroy moral degeneracy in its crib.
>>
I've never understood how people can become so attached to role models. A number of celebrities have died in 2016 and everyone's all "I'm such a wreck because X died, I'm so sad" and I'm just sitting here thinking why are you letting the death of someone you never knew personally or even met affect you so much?
>>
File: 1438712636153.jpg (115 KB, 599x676) Image search: [Google]
1438712636153.jpg
115 KB, 599x676
My senpai.
A woman whom I've known from 4chan for nearly 10 years now. She helped be improve a bunch as a person, taught me to debate, get into deep discussions about things, find value in opinions that strongly contrast mine.
Despite her being unable to live a normal life, she never seems to give up. Its wonderful that someone has such a strong will in this turd of a world.
>>
>>29049693
She's a dude by the way, women can't teach you that.
Open your eyes.
>>
>>29045953
probably epictetus
>>
File: 14637724.jpg (34 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
14637724.jpg
34 KB, 512x384
I can't really think of anyone I truly respect or look up and aspire to be. It would probably be the old Knights and their code of chivalry before it's name was adopted by faggots.

I think of a man inside my mind;strong,steadfast and can take all the evil and abuse the world throws at him and still keeps going and giving,trying to pay kindness,strength & the old code forward,maybe someday the world won't be as disgusting and ugly as it is and there won't have to be people like us.

Maybe I can be like this man someday and in turn be the inspiration for other people who know how it feels.
>>
>>29049669
Well a role model is usually someone you want to emulate or live like. It's not like everyone is attached to some stranger. Furthermore, the vast majority of hollywood celebrities are boring trash.
>>
>>29049772
>Old knights
>Code of chilvary
Hahahaha faggot, have you ever heard the saying "never meet your heroes".
Real knights went around raping and cucking the serfs at every turn because they could.
Pick someone better
>>
I recently began watching a bunch of Casey Neistat vlogs cuz it kept being recommended to me on youtube.

Gotta say I applaud his "don't give a shit" kind of attitude, I got a lot of anxiety and he does things ever day I'd never do, simple things like being careless or just randomly chatting to people in the street like you know them. I'd never do that shit. He just kind of throws things around rather than saving them and keeping them too close like I would, it's pretty neat. Sometimes you gotta fuck shit up to get the most enjoyment out of it.

It's also pretty cool how he just dropped out of school (like me ;_;) and became super youtubefamous and rich and has a nice life now

Made me think about things I want to do rather than just being depressed/unguided and think "I want to do this, it's fun and I would enjoy doing it more in life to make it into a career of some kind even if it's as simple as a few videos of my own..
>>
File: Eugene_Popeye.png (1 MB, 2046x1040) Image search: [Google]
Eugene_Popeye.png
1 MB, 2046x1040
>>29045953

Eugene S. Robinson

>punk rock veteran
>art rock pioneer
>ex body builder
>current jiu-jitsu competitor
>active father
>daughters call him autistic
>connoisseur of orgies
>published author and journalist
>mma commentator
>trump supporter
>>
Iktf OP. I find people's flaws too readily to ever look up to anyone.
>>
>>29049909
What does he do anyway? From what I've seen, all he does is walk around and talk shit to the camera. I must be missing something. Then again I haven't really looked around much.
>>
>>29049933
Yea he seems like a really interesting guy. Have you seen his live performances? Forgot the name of his band but he's basically half naked and choking out members of the audience who try and start shit. It's hilarious
>>
>>29050068
Pretty much that, a vlogger and makes "movies" as he calls them

He made his own company to make an app called beem

Most of his videos are pretty neat I like ones like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po85lER-qRo where he makes a little mini "movie" about something which is just a few minutes long.

I also like seeing him do cool shit, like one of his most famous videos is him travelling around the world and doing a bunch of crazy things for some Nike sponsored content
>>
File: 1464757462238.gif (1009 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1464757462238.gif
1009 KB, 500x280
I look up to you guys. Everyday.
>>
>>29050145
his band is called OXBOW and they're incredible. its a shame that they are only generally known for his on-stage appearance and his willingess to put unruly audience members in a headlock if they are brave enough to fuck with him.

there's so much more to oxbow than that. incredible albums.
>>
>>29050145
and yes, i have seen oxbow live and it pretty much ruined live music for me because no other experiemental rock band will ever touch them.
>>
>>29049648
This. He wanted to cleanse the West of its sickness via a bloodbath.
>>
>>29050710
Yea that's them. I've only listened to Narcotic Story, their most acclaimed I think. Where would you recommend I go from here?
>>
File: Wendy & Johnny Neptune.jpg (46 KB, 820x461) Image search: [Google]
Wendy & Johnny Neptune.jpg
46 KB, 820x461
My wife, Wendy... For putting up with my many idiosyncrasies and peculiar ways... A veritable Saint... I met her online after my life had been shattered, and she rebuilt it even better than before
>>
>>29049759
epic tittties? What? not sure if thats a real person anon.. however if thats what you look up too, literally and not figuratively, you must be a normie or a toddler
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (56 KB, 724x538) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
56 KB, 724x538
Me, after I die on August 4th, 2017 of an unanticipated cardiac event. Because I managed to maintain the integrity I demanded of myself and others the entire journey
>>
To be honest my manager at mckuck's. Hes fit, gf is hot, he is a good leader at work, he has a nice apartment and car all paid for by himself, and a good social life. Hes everything I want. He's a cool person, we smoke every once in a while, but I'm rather envious of how well he has managed his own life.
>>
>>29051287
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID FAGGOT NIGGER, I DIDNT SAY "EPIC TITTIES" I SAID EPICTETUS YOU UNCULTURED FUCK NUGGET. GO LOOK HIM UP FAGGOT LOL
>>
>>29050749
>>29051029
Narcotic Story was good, but I would disagree that its their most acclaimed. if it is, its only because it got the most attention due to being released on hydra head records and the subsequent tour with ISIS.

When i met eugene after the show, he said Serenade In Red (1997) was his proudest work, lyrically.
I personally worship An Evil Heat (2002). The sounds on that album are hypnotizing and disturbing. They achieved the perfect studio sound, not too raw and not too polished.

honestly, i couldn't say enough about all their albums. Actually what got me into oxbow was Love Thats Last, a compilation/b-sides album with the live dvd. it covers a bit of all their work, and was a great introduction to them.
>>
>>29051321
EPICTETUS HAD SAGGY TITS... weirdo
>>
>>29049772
And then there's this special snowflake faggot.
>>
I'm a 29 year old man. Is it bad that I don't have a role model? I don't really remember looking up to anyone when I was younger.
>>
>not being a Hulkamaniac
>>
>>29050322
Your life must be horrible, friend.
>>
>>29051593
Do you have a good life? In that case you don't really need it.
>>
Who's the most /r9k/ character in history that was still successful? I'm talking about someone who hated women and was antisocial, yet had a lot of power.
>>
>>29045953
no one, im a boring man.
>>
>>29055346
Don't worry anon, most of us are boring AND autistic.
>>
>>29045953
im an egotistical alpha male,i have no role models
>>
bump originlly
>>
>>29045953
I had none and my life was bad.

But after Donald Trump came my life improved.
>>
File: Mark Hamill 50.jpg (746 KB, 1500x1727) Image search: [Google]
Mark Hamill 50.jpg
746 KB, 1500x1727
Mark Hamill because I love Star Wars and I haven't seen a single picture of him where he looks like he's not being really kind to everyone around. I've never heard a bad word about him. I want to be the guy who is that nice to everybody all the time.
>>
File: camus.jpg (160 KB, 1321x900) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
160 KB, 1321x900
>>29045953
Being redpilled about existence and still getting pussy.
>>
>>29045953
I look up do John David Rockefeller. Not even kidding.
>>
>>29057953
Davison*
>>
>>29046218
You look up to yourself?
That's very narcissistic of you anon.
>>
>>29045953
my grandmother because she worked hard and didn't expect anything in return.
>>
>>29046222
my dad went to ivy league to. He was pre-med at yale but turns out he faints at the sight of blood so he works in marketing. He still makes over 100k a year so its not that bad.
>>
My grandfather.
>>
Varg Vikernes
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.