[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEET here. Been a neet on and off for about 5 years. Before that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: sch7l.jpg (202 KB, 1024x431) Image search: [Google]
sch7l.jpg
202 KB, 1024x431
NEET here.
Been a neet on and off for about 5 years. Before that I was in the US Army (Tanker).
I've mostly been doing data entry for $2k a month, but it's not a reliable source of income.

I have decided to go over the road trucking with Schneider, making around $3k a month.

Did I fuck up? Is trucking worth getting into?
My goal is after a year or two get a dedicated route where I can be home every day to every other day making maybe 80k a year.
>>
>>29043756
>for $2k a month, but it's not a reliable source of income.

????
>>
>>29043756
trucking is very different per country and if you wanna earn THREE THOUSAND a month you need to work like 100 hours a week
>>
How are you neet if you have a job? Are you retarded?
>>
>>29043925
not for the rest of my life, as in it's not a good career.

Could be 2k this month, and $0 the next month.
>>
>>29043925
$24,000 a year is really not a lot
>>
>>29043943
I stay at home, and it's not really work to me.
>>
>>29043756
Trucking is decent for now but you will be replaced by automation in the next 10-15 years.
>>
>>29043955
i earn 1500euros a month for trucking 40 hours a week
>>
Pepsi drivers get paid, like 50k starting, some make 75k
>>
>>29043939
>100h a week for $3k a month
>Working for $7.5 an hour
wow
>>
>>29043978
wow, i need to move to amerika

how many hours a week do you guys truck for 50 to 75k a year? I work 40 hours a week and i get only 1500 a month

>>29044004
yeah i only get like 12 euros before taxes

wtf why do you guys earn so much? what i earn is normal here
>>
>>29044019

Around 50 hrs a week
>>
>>29044076
that would be maybe 1800euro a month for me

how much a month do you need in america to have a decent ammount of wage? because 3000usd a month for driving a fucking truck seems overpaid as fuck for me

what do you earn with lets say working in a store compared to trucking there?
>>
>>29044107
Depends on the city but outside of SF or NYC, you can live anywhere
>>
>>29044173
i was asking abuot the wage
>>
>>29044220
Ohhhh, not sure but with pepsi or Coke you'll be driving to grocery stores
>>
>>29044250
i am asking how much money you get compared to wokring in a supermarket
>>
>>29044019
>wtf why do you guys earn so much? what i earn is normal here
I'm an ausfag so living costs are expensive however I do earn $27 + full annual leave/super benefits
>>
>>29043756
Trucking can be considered one of the worst jobs in the industry, it's not effected by minimal wage so you end up with what >>29044004
said, and if you fuck up without insurance you're done for. Not to mention it's payed by the mile, and they have a ton of "Security Measures" with a mile counter/meter to tell how much time you're wasting, and above a certain threshold you're likely to get fired. Plus, some places on the road don't fit trucks very well, and you'll find yourself getting incredibly screwed if you make a wrong turn and get stuck on a one way street or a highway.
>>
>>29044279
Should also add I work admin/hr not trucking
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.