[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 18 too late to get braces? I don't want to look like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
File: download (6).jpg (8 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
8 KB, 272x185
Is 18 too late to get braces? I don't want to look like a beta in my prime but don't want to look 'meh' foe the rest of the downhill slope. Feels like shit 3bh
>>
>>29043282
No, It'll be worth it.
>>
>>29043282
A friend of mine got braces at 18, at first we joked about it a bit but after a while nobody noticed anymore and its definitely worth it
>>
>>29043282
try invisalign.

I used it for a few months and had real, noticeable results.
>>
I'm 21. I've been trying to schedule an appt with an ortho for the past few days. Fix your face man. For me it is an easy decision, I am already ugly so my 'prime' is wasted either way.
>>
>>29043282
got braces at 19, am 20 now
get it. my teeth are looking sooo much nicer now
>>
Fuck. Alright, it's unanimous. I'll start looking into it.

Post teeth? I'll take a pic if someone else does.
>>
I'm 27 and I'm considering them.
>>
File: yellatboss.jpg (31 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
yellatboss.jpg
31 KB, 620x350
>tfw 100% overbite
If I fix this will I get a Chad jaw?

Someone post their smile so I can post as well without feeling like a doofus pls
>>
>>29043451
just post the teeth hack
>>
I'm 25 with braces. My teeth were so shit I basically told the orthodontist to skip all those invisible new methods and just do the old metal braces stuff to try and get the best result.
People fairly don't mind but forget about having a gf or girls in general (which shouldn't matter much to the majority of us)
>>
i am angry. I will probably try and get corrective jaw surgery. I never had braces as a child (my sister did). Should I be angry at my parents for not taking me to an orthodontist as a child and thus condemning me to either being ugly or getting my face sawed in 2 to realign my jaw?
>>
>>29043552
Yes, neglecting your kid's needs and insecurities is as bad as physically murdering him.
Have you ever made it clear to your parents about this issue bothering you and harming your self esteem? If they neglected that then they are bad parents.
I'm not saying they didn't love you but they were oblivious to a major disturbance that shaped you as an adult
>>
>>29043603
I never brought it up as a child I guess because I wasn't aware of how retarded a severely recessed chin looks, or that I even had a recessed chin. My sister had full orthodontic treatment though. Why the fuck not me too.. Now I am an adult and looking to fix this myself. I hope insurance will cover it. I have read a lot of insurances do not cover ortho treatment for adults.
>>
>>29043282
I had them when I was 22-23.
>>
File: diagram-of-face.gif (21 KB, 472x313) Image search: [Google]
diagram-of-face.gif
21 KB, 472x313
this is so horrific. Braces as a 9 year old would have been fucking perfect. I probably wouldn't have been such an outcast. Life ruining
>>
File: IMG_20160604_031515500.png (1 MB, 728x1296) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_031515500.png
1 MB, 728x1296
>>29043511

I have an overbite jaw.

I hope that that would be fixed as well as making my teeth themselves fall back I to line a but better as well. Main thing is the overbite though, I don't smile too visibly anyways so the actual teeth aren't too visible, jaw is
>>
I have braces, and I'm 20...
>>
>>29043700
your jaw looks fine to me. Go see an orthodontist but also if you get your bf% down you might see some significant improvement
>>
File: 1457225699458.jpg (98 KB, 912x720) Image search: [Google]
1457225699458.jpg
98 KB, 912x720
>>29043282

>he wants to get braces

>>29043451
ok hack we know you're not the smartest person around, but do you seriously think this is a good idea?

The second you get them put on, you'll want them to be removed, and that won't happen for at least 2 years.

also you'll most likely have 4 teeth removed before they're put on, and you'll have at least 6 months-2 years of wearing something called a plate that seperates your teeth slightly before getting given braces, also you will pay a couple thousand dollars in total, normally around 3000 USD
t.someone who had braces
and no it wont give you a chad jawline unless you already had one
>>
File: download (3)_2.png (6 KB, 123x85) Image search: [Google]
download (3)_2.png
6 KB, 123x85
>>29043729
Hey, don't call me dumb!

Everything you posted sounds petty. It's some physical pain and inconvenience, boo hoo. Suck it the hell up, it can make an immeasurable difference.

"it makes my mouth hurt and I had to leave my NEET den once a month for them to make adjustments!!"
Whatever, it's a good idea and I'll do it.
>>
I got them at 18 while I was NEET so no one saw them. I thought it would improve my confidence and fix something I was lacking in order to get girls. I'm 30 and still a virgin loser.
>>
I got braces at 19 and had jaw surgery to correct bite at 20. still got braces for a few months but it's 100% worth it.
>>
>>29043700
still better than an underbite. be thankful.
>>
File: 1457513960183.gif (2 MB, 366x360) Image search: [Google]
1457513960183.gif
2 MB, 366x360
>>29043790

if you're going to do it regardless of anything you read or even direct experiences from others, why did you make this thread?

It will take you at a minimum at least 3 years, if your teeth are already sort of inline. Or at worst 5+ if you need to do all the other shit like I said in my previous post

Also you will unironically have to wear rubber bands in your mouth all day and night, and take them out between each time you eat along with putting in new ones straight after

you can't eat pretty much anything sweet, or even bite into an apple like you normally would be able to

It may be a good idea, but it will definitely make you look like a manchild whenever you open your mouth and incase you're a happy person it will teach you to keep your mouth closed all the time as you don't want to show that ugly shit

I probably made this hard to readoh well
>>
>>29043282
I started wearing braces back at age 18, zero regrets. I don't want to imagine what my face/teeth would've looked like without them now at age 27.
A female friend of mine just got braces some months ago at age 28, nobody really cares.

The whole stigma around getting braces is pretty much gone nowadays (especially the standard braces as in OP's pic), it was already an accepted thing people don't care much about back 9 years ago.

>I don't want to look like a beta in my prime
Work on your posture and your non-verbal communicative skills. That alone will cut down the max amount of betaness potential you can show by 60-70% easily.

As with everything the few petty people might try to "bully" you about, shrug it off and don't let it bother you, and it'll quickly fade. Also, the older you get - or rather the older the people you interact with - the less bullying will happen in general, as people tend to grow out of that petty phase. It's why it's so easy to spot the teenagers and otherwise just as immature/petty people when lurking on here, they tend to be the ones responding with ridicule and attacks rather than anything remotely constructive. The correlation is strong enough, at least.
>>
>>29043282
having braces in the first week will be a fucking hell
>>
>>29043725
Nigga already looks pretty skelly to me
>>
>>29044057
165 lbs, not skelly

how to lose weight real fast?
>>
you're 18?

have you ever considered meeting a nice older man?
>>
File: 102A_Before.jpg (11 KB, 240x324) Image search: [Google]
102A_Before.jpg
11 KB, 240x324
>>29043700
>He thinks that's an overbite
>mfw
>>
File: 1305520066613.gif (9 KB, 391x644) Image search: [Google]
1305520066613.gif
9 KB, 391x644
>had braces from like 8th grade through 11th or so
>started wearing my retainer less and less until I stopped completely
>now pissed off at my not perfect teeth and slight gaps between a couple teeth etc
I mean no doubt about it, they're objectively better now than if I hadn't gotten braces at all, but fuck. If I ever get a good job and have extra money, I'll definitely go for the Invisalign, but that could all be avoided if I kept up to begin with. FUCK
>>
>>29044142
No thank you anon, I am not gay. Even if you're about to offer me money.

Maybe you're not but this shit always happens here
>>
File: 1448317669429.jpg (425 KB, 980x652) Image search: [Google]
1448317669429.jpg
425 KB, 980x652
>>29044103
Consume less than 1000 calories each day, become the qt skellyboi.
>>
>>29043282
>My 30 year old welding instructor got braces.

It just looks weird because he is middle aged.
>>
I tried braces at 20 and wasn't ready for the pain so gave up.

Now I'm 30, and I can't go down properly on my gf because my jaw locks up.

If you're just doing this because of looks it's not worth it, but if you have structural problems it will take a toll on your long-term health.

Still, make sure you're aware of potential complications. At 18 your teeth are done growing, and depending on your problems it might not be as simple as wearing braces for 2-3 years and be done forever. Many adults will have to wear some support behind the teeth closing them together for all their life, else the teeth will move back to the original position. This fragilizes the teeth too.
>>
>teeth are crooked as fuck and all messed up
>don't want to get braces because annoyance of dentist and no one ever sees my teeth / looks at my mouth

is there even a point ?
>>
>>29043282

i got braces at 25, worked out pretty great and even somewhat managed to hide my overbite.

and the thing about getting braces past your teens is that you arent in highschool anymore, no one cares.
>>
Got braces at 28. Worth it.
>>
It's shit but worth every second
>>
>>29043282
I'm 18 and have braces, they make me feel like a piece of shit and no girl would be attracted to you but I managed to make out with a girl once and she couldn't even feel it.
>>
>>29043282
Getting mine at 22. Your prime isn't now
>>
My two front teeth are pretty crooked and I'm 18

Apparently as my jaw grows my teeth will get better but I doubt it.

What do you people recommend?
>>
>>29048242
>What do you people recommend?
Nothing. We're not dentists you tit.
>>
>>29043991
hack this guy is a faggot don't listen to him

it hurts but not that bad and only for a short time after getting them tightened, the elastic bands are not nearly as inconvenient as he implies and fun to play with in your mouth desu, you can eat whatever the fuck you want (except stuff like toffee, also make sure to cut up apples before eating them), and people barely even notice and get used to it within a microsecond of seeing you with them on.

t. someone who had such a massive overbite he needed braces for 6 years

my mom also has braces and she's 50
>>
>>29043282
Just go for It OP having disgusting crooked teeth is gonna ruin you more in the long run than one or two years of braces. Also I think the days of braces are for nerds are long over, I remember back in my middle school/high school that having braces were actually seen as trendy and interesting.
Just be prepared to starv to near death on your first week, after that It's more or less a cakewalk.
>>
>>29046126
Depends on whether you care about your teeth or not.
If they are so bad to the point where you could lose them in the future, then maybe it's worth to at least have it checked before making a decision.
>>
>19
>need braces
>don't have the money to get them because fucking poor
>even in the UK dental treatment is extortionate if you're over 18
>stuck with shit out of place teeth for all of uni

FUCKING REEEEE
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.