[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who existential crisis here? Why? >want a career playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 188x184) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 188x184
Who existential crisis here? Why?

>want a career playing music. Its the only thing I'm good at
>grow up with no one to play with
>start college and think that it's my chance
>junior and still have not played a single gig not once in my life
>begin to rethink if my life has any purpose at all if I change my life plan to pursue some pencil pushers job

Why are here?
>>
>>29043074
>want a career playing music. Its the only thing I'm good at

it's also a thing were you'd most likely end up as a wagekek at mcronald's. Don't fall for the "thing I'm interested in".
The only thing I was interested in was colors and machines, now I'm a printer who can't get a job because no one reads words written on paper anymore.
just look out for a job field that's still gonna be needed in 50+ years.
>>
>>29043074
Honestly you're better off just finding a job you're comfortable with and doing what you love on the side

>Life has no meaning so do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>29043074
>want to be writer
>have no patience for writing
>bad at writing (but that's something that would improve with practice, so I'm not too worried about that yet)
>no longer have original ideas that are worth writing about, previous ideas feel too precious for me to expose to anyone else because they might just be crushed by either my ineptitude, their misunderstanding of them, or my own, misunderstanding of them

I miss being a real human with real potential. When your inner flame fizzles out, what the fuck do you do?
>>
How do you take the pain of existing? I cut my finger today and I don't know how to reconcile pain as a concept
>>
>>29043429
what if I don't want to do anything?
>>
>life has any purpose at all

No matter what you do your life is meaningless and insignificant. People piss me off when they try and preach to me that I should want more from life than my low paying office job, movies, TV and video games when I'm clearly much happier than them.
>>
>>29043681
Then don't do anything
>>
>>29043472
I don't know, anon. You described my feelings pretty perfectly.

Honestly? You need to write. I bet you think about it every day. As you've gotten older the urge is weaker but you know you should be doing this thing and you're not. The flame is going out because you're not kindling it. It's going to hurt and it's going to consume you, but at least you'll be warm.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.