[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did your last year of high school go?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: jpegpng.gif (465 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jpegpng.gif
465 KB, 1920x1080
How did your last year of high school go?
>>
>>29042079
that's a lot, how'd you do it?
>>
God seeing Powerschool triggers the fuck out of me.
>>
File: XLxDmKDYHkc.jpg (324 KB, 1280x956) Image search: [Google]
XLxDmKDYHkc.jpg
324 KB, 1280x956
>>29042079
Four in Russian, fives in every other subject.
>>
>>29042110
3 days X psychiatric hospital

1 semester X skipping first 3 hours to sleep

2 semesters X lifting

I actually think I came out on top this year. Actually have 3 more days left to up my GPA.
>>
>>29042178
congratulations my untermensch!
>>
File: pOFrqMIte30.jpg (297 KB, 1280x956) Image search: [Google]
pOFrqMIte30.jpg
297 KB, 1280x956
>>29042178
Also got this little trinket. Four years since graduating, never used it. They said this is "memory" to "show your children and grandchildren". Like I'm going to have them.
>>
>>29042079
Barely passed my classes, had to write a letter to the school for why I had so many absences so that I could keep the credits(luckily I can use IBS as an excuse for skipping)
>>
>>29042203
analphagy it so it has special trinket antique charm
>>
>tosa

waddup.
>>
>>29042272
Frank "Zimmerman" Calarco
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-04-00-54-45_1.jpg (140 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-04-00-54-45_1.jpg
140 KB, 1080x1920
>tfw hs was 4 years ago already
Spent all my senior year suicidal and skipping classes after they took attendance.
>>
>>29042179
Thats pure art
>>
File: 1463262178276.jpg (20 KB, 486x352) Image search: [Google]
1463262178276.jpg
20 KB, 486x352
>was a bright kid who actually enjoyed going to school because of my shitty home situation
>endured first three years of highschool ignoring abuse from parents and poverty
>keep working hard because teachers and friends assured me that my smarts will get me to better places
>literally walking 45mins to an hour to school every day, sometimes in the rain because no money for bus
>can't buy food so just work on homework in the library with friends during lunch
>keep thinking I'll get out of this
>fast forward to final year of HS
>home situation gets out of control
>get beat daily for not dropping out and just working to support dad's drinking
>mom is always pressuring me to leave school "temporarily" and work so she can pay off her debs
>can't take it anymore, pour my heart out to the guidance councillor
>they school decides to send me to live in a "safer" environment, a home for teens like me with nowhere to go
>it's a fucking homeless shelter for people under 25
>try to stay positive
>share a room with a violent angry nigger and a crackhead
>everyone living at the shelter is either some angry nigger looking to fight all the time or some slut causing drama with other sluts
>the shelter workers look at me like I'm no different, despite trying to be on my best behaviour
>one nigger thought it would be funny to throw my textbooks and assignments in the trash because he hated school
>being the only kid there that wasn't a complete degenerate made me a target
>this goes on for months
>attendance suffers, work is late or missing because people keep stealing it from my bag
>teachers suddenly have no sympathy and act like a disappointed parent when I try to explain why my grades are suffering
>history teacher who I was fond of and close with starts favoring other students in class
>can't study, too stressed, fail tests
>realize near the end I'm going to fail out of 12th grade
>go to guidance councillors and literally beg them to see what my life has become
>send me "home"
>>
>>29042079
I graduated with a 1.5. I never even took my sat or act

But i graduated college with a 3.9 and im going to duke med. so
Highschool isnt shit
>>
>>29042483
Jesus, anon.
I hope you're in a better place now than you were then.
How are you now?
>>
>>29042483
I will fight harder next year for you
>>
File: 1464224949907.jpg (69 KB, 600x703) Image search: [Google]
1464224949907.jpg
69 KB, 600x703
the few good friends i had, which i already almost never had any classes or lunches with anyways, left early to do a college running start program
it was social purgatory, i wasn't a loner but had no one to talk to, so i had to be both solitary and presentable at once
i ate lunch and killed time in my car, it was like my mobile command center and i was lucky to have it
>>
>>29042525
It was tough. When I realized that I wouldn't graduate with my friends it really destroyed any hope I had in people, especially teachers. I had to continue living in that shithole shelter for another 2 years before I got a part-time job at a Subway and worked enough to rent a room.

I'm fortunate enough that I have a decent paying job and a comfortable place to stay, but I still can't let go of what happened almost five years ago. How can people be so cruel. Why did they lie to me about the reality of the situation? They knew they were sending me to a homeless shelter and should have known what that might have done to a teenager.

I keep wondering what life would be like if I did it different. Maybe if I tried to stay with a friend's family instead of trust thatbitch of a guidance councillor. I might have been happy and graduated with my friends. I might have gone to University with them instead of being bitter and miserable for my young adult life.

I just can't let go. I want to grab them and shake them and ask them what the fuck they were thinking. I tried so hard to escape poverty and violence and they threw me into more of it. I was lucky to get out of that. I could have ended up so much worse? Did they even care? I want to move on but part of me is convinced that they ruined my life more than my parents could.
>>
Pretty awesome, I got a friend who's still my best bro. Didn't bother with any senior crap other than showing up to graduation. No senior quote, no class ring, nothing.
I don't remember the rest of high school that well, I took so many meds that the things I remember best are the books I read and playing WoW. I also had no friends and didn't even get bullied often so most days really bled into each other.
>>
>>29042714
Every time you think back to it, remind yourself that thinking about it doesn't change anything. (Do it in a neutral way - "This is not helpful", not "Idiot! Stop thinking about it!" because that will make it worse.) Then distract yourself with an activity or task.
>>
>>29042079
I procrastinated on a 7 page term paper and waited till the very last day to turn it in late for English.
>>
File: 15TEWvz.png (466 KB, 376x469) Image search: [Google]
15TEWvz.png
466 KB, 376x469
>>29042749
>mfw i looked up some bullshit quote in a book of quotes and was one of 12 people out of a class of 200 to have their quote used
>>
It was great. I still have dreams of being in high school. I never dream of college, because I made no friends in college and just went to classes then drove home since I commuted.
>>
I was fucked with by a manlet every day. My only friends didn't like me. I had painful diarrhea caused by stress and anxiety every day. I was cucked by a qt girl. Every day was me getting closer to wanting to kill them all. I went to a gaming club with gurl gamerrzz in it. I got expelled when I cracked and beat the holy shit out of the manlet faggot, and dropped out.

There is way more bullshit I put up with too.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.