[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life is so much more simple when you stop giving a fuck. Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: H7SS8yE.png (219 KB, 525x325) Image search: [Google]
H7SS8yE.png
219 KB, 525x325
Life is so much more simple when you stop giving a fuck. Why are you not like Peter Gibbons, /r9k/?
>>
>>29041865
And what is the value of simplicity? Is it inherently good? How? What benefits will "life being simple" give me? Do these benefits outweigh the benefits that may come from making my life difficult and successful? No, they will not. You're lazy.
>>
>>29041981
I don't care about any of these questions. Chill out, fag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1L8l3LrzLA
>>
And how might an anxious person do that?
>>
>>29041981
An interesting thought...

One might say that life is all about curves. Downward and upward. Cycling between enjoyment and depression. With hunger and fullness. Love or hate. If wanting a simple life is all someone aspires to have then they're just going to have more minor problems and annoyances than someone with a more complicated life.

You cannot judge this man's decisions without finishing the movie. His carefree life did nothing good for him. He ended up with a career based on hard physical labor instead of getting a more difficult technical database position. He didn't get the girl, she left when she realized what a piece of shit he really was (or became). He convinced his friends to aid him in his theft and used their fear of being unemployed to his advantage.

A simple life is a curse. A boring life. A life with petty obstacles since you cannot life a care free life. A care free life isn't one worth living. A world without negatives makes the positives much less impressive.
>>
>>29042542
>His carefree life did nothing good for him. He ended up with a career based on hard physical labor instead of getting a more difficult technical database position.
He did, but he felt happy and comfy by the end. Did you really watch the movie?
>>
>>29042542
Hi friendo, I'm going to disagree with some of your points.

>He didn't get the girl.
According to 'shades', she was a whore. She wasn't any different from his previous girlfriend so nothing is gained, would have cucked him later.

>He ended up with a career based on hard physical labor instead of getting a more difficult technical database position.
He was miserable before and happy afterwards, and that's after the hypnosis worn off. A little anecdotal but you know what that "more difficult position" is going to do to this man in a few years? Turn him into Richard Stallman. Shitty health, miserable and eating toejam.
Do you know what hard physical labor is going to do for this man? Keep him fit. Sound mind and body.
Plus, as disposable and shitty his coworkers have been treated meant mediocre demand in that field where as that "skilled hard labor/trade" is usually in demand. Contruction workers that I have aquainted myself with make fucking bankroll bud.

You are right at one point.
"You can't have a carefree life", this is absolutely true. An intentionally "carefree" life is a life meant to minimize stress, to keep things streamlined, minimal and efficient. Carefree doesn't mean sitting around all day doing nothing, in order to be truely carefree, and thus happy, takes effort, suffering in nice bite-sized nuggets, you know, DISCIPLINE. You mentioned that life is about balance and cycles(paraphrasing). Do you know what happens to a fit, carefree individual that gets bored? They find new experiences and novel stimuli.

>He convinced his friends to aid him in his theft and used their fear of being unemployed to his advantage.
Smart/machiavellian strategy but poorly executed.

You sound like someone who adopted the slave mentality. That by suffering needlessly, you will become stronger regardless. Sticking a fork in your eyes isn't going to make your life better. There is nothing gained.
>>
>>29042542
I will also add that when he was asked what he would do with a million dollars, he said he would do nothing...literally nothing.
And that is the pitfall of that kind of lifestyle, almost everyone I know that works their asses off/have a ton of obligations just want nothing more than to relax/sleep. They want to retire like most but only to get some shuteye.
When you are barely surviving and compound that with an alcohol/caffeine/nicotine addiction with perpetual sleep deprivation, how can you expect to grow and thrive as an individual, to be genuinely happy. These are the people that will be wondering where the time has gone, why all the books,movies,music etc. they tell themselves they will get around to consuming will be perpetually left in the oven. No interests, no hobbies kindled and the loss of will to kindle either because they spent a huge chunk of their lives and best years slaving.

I like to think that after this lifestyle change, he would have found something more fullfilling to do with that million. Hey 'two chicks at the same time' might seem like a stupid answer, but it is sincere and him/his neighbor will have better quality of life because of it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.