[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know much about social class. Is this accurate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 1464864501050.png (187 KB, 1500x1272) Image search: [Google]
1464864501050.png
187 KB, 1500x1272
I don't know much about social class. Is this accurate?
>>
>>29039369
not rcompletely because people are always different.
but i also have a skewed class view because i have lived with or been in every single social class on that list.

hunting is a very middle class activity in rural areas. also chess is a meme and everyone plays it. also upper class kids play video games all the time.

fairly accurate in some regards tho.
>>
>>29039369
Intelligent upperclassmen are extinct now. They are just as degenerate as your average niggers now but since they're white its five million times worse
>>
who actually goes to opera anymore, maybe fruity theater productions, this doesn't seem accurate
>>
>>29039369
broad generalizations are always correct

critical thought and intersectionality is never welcome
>>
>>29039369
I'd say a good two thirds of it is accurate.
>>
File: nanojak.jpg (690 B, 16x16) Image search: [Google]
nanojak.jpg
690 B, 16x16
>>29039369
who here /middleclass/

Not religious in the traditional sense I browse /x/ a lot , I like art that appeals to me like verdant mountains/boats/"horror" art, appreciate traditional music from other cultures (mainly slavic and oriental music), and enjoy documentaries

Of course I play vidya a lot and read quite a bit of sci-fi/fantasy fiction and have no skill playing any instuments so maybe this bumps me down a rank or something
>>
>>29039793
Not all generalisations are broad, dont b racist
>>
File: 1458406436035.png (73 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
1458406436035.png
73 KB, 299x288
>hunting
>upper class
>>
>Lower class
>Hip hop & reggae
>>
File: 3.jpg (15 KB, 210x222) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
15 KB, 210x222
>>29039369
according to that image i'm upper class and yet i haven't gone outside or spoken to another human being in nearly 3 months
>>
>Upper class: chess
three words in and already I can tell you no
>>
>>29039369
not at all really
everything except upper class can be lumped together and the upper class people i've met still act like the lower class
this person confused upper class with global elite
>>
>>29041011
I'm not talking about chess nerds. Autists of any kind can't represent groupthink or social culture because they are too self-absorbed.

>>29041089
I'd be interested to hear about your experiences.
>>
more accurate as you go down the list.

upper class seems to be an ideal that the author conjured from reading stories, not experience.

at least for americans. Very few upper class americans engage in hunting, or chess; but the international upper class does.

also, generalizations are limited in usefulness. Just try to find the answers to your questions from multiple sources to get a better idea.
>>
File: working class autist.png (225 KB, 1500x1272) Image search: [Google]
working class autist.png
225 KB, 1500x1272
>>29041147
>Autists of any kind can't represent groupthink or social culture
pretty much this. we are too far alienated from our peers to relate to this chart.
>>
>>29041340
>Very few upper class americans engage in hunting, or chess; but the international upper class does.
What would you say characterises this international upper class?
>>
Poorfag who stumbled his way into high society and dated a bunch of rich niggers, reporting in

More like

Upper class + Upper middle class
>Social media, expensive vacations paid for by parents, expensive retarded venues paid for by parents, cottaging with parents, going to trendy restaurants and clubs with money from parents
>Hilarious YA fiction, trendy surface-level liberal political nonfiction, highschool lit still even while in college
>Hipster trash music, "artsy" rap, one semi-classy thing (e.g. jazz) but only at surface level, can play one instrument badly but have no feeling for it whatsoever because parents just forced them growing up and they have no reason to do it anymore
>English + gringo high school Spanish, possibly pretends ot know one other language if taken at university (but is actually horrible at it)
>Major city, suburbs
>Secular progressivist and won't ever shut the fuck up about it, associates evangelical Americans with Republicans (aka NAZIS!!!)

Hoooooly fuck, gas the American upper classes. They are the most worthless spoiled philistine pussies on the planet. Soul-dead and brain-dead, but still living 50x better than you because their daddy has connections, and worries about the SAT schedule so they don't have to.
>>
>>29042102

estates. Connections (they're all family, from the french to the middle east, usually as far back as charlemagne so about a thousand years). Endowments/trusts.

nothing as common as a particular interest unifies them. The age of society has long been forgotten, but they party/visit each other. What might have been called 'calling' on someone back in the day.
>>
>>29042245
How'd you come across them? From what I can tell, their income almost segregates the rich, while allowing them to remain liberals on the surface. Sort of a "have your cake and eat it too" situation.
>>
>>29042734
Higher education is filled with them.

That's pretty much it. They have never come into contact with reality because they are surrounded by a forcefield of pure daddysmoney energy at all times.
>>
>>29039369
>Is this accurate?
Depends on the country.

So mostly.
>>
>>29042802
Was the income imbalance ever a problem?
>>
>>29039369
>Is this accurate?
not where im fucking from
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.