[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally figured out when my psych means when she says I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: miku face.png (287 KB, 405x390) Image search: [Google]
miku face.png
287 KB, 405x390
I finally figured out when my psych means when she says I have "delusions".

I obviously don't think I have delusions, cause I'd see them as so and not have them anymore. So what are my delusions and what makes them so?

And after thinking about it a long time, its refusal to accept truths that society finds is taken for granted.

For example, if you chose not to eat by your own will as a protest to "nature", people would say you're delusional because you're actively hurting yourself.
>>
>>29037977
Delusions aren't necessarily manifestations or hallucinations, they are an ideal (or the like) that you cling to even when there is obvious proof against them.
>>
>>29038057
But that proof isn't obvious to me, and it is to others. That doesn't mean they're right, they could be wrong. But I believe myself, so I stand for what I think is right.

What is it then that's wrong with my brain?
>>
>>29038153
>But that proof isn't obvious to me.
That's where the trouble is. IT's like when people delude themselves into thinking an abusive relationship is normal or that a drug isn't actually harming them when instead it is taking a heavy toll.

Spend time trying to understand these delusions and work them out, you'll only harm yourself and those around you if these delusions really are dangerous without you knowing.
>>
>>29038256
But what if all the relationships a person had ever been in had been abusive? Would it not be reasonable to conclude to yourself that all relationships are like this?

People would tell you otherwise and you'd call them a liar. It's natural.

If a person genuinely doesn't perceive they have a bad drug addiction, then are they not entitled to believe what they perceive?

Why is the masses view more important than the individuals?
>>
>>29038329
You're entitled to think you are right when you are wrong, yes. That's all it boils down to. Everyone's reality is different, and in your case it seems to be skewed, and your psych is trying to help you gain a clearer sense of reality by lending you her perspective, her interpretation.
>>
>>29038329
The word consensus is important here. As a society we live and thrive on the ideals of the many.

Even the individualists need to gather a massing of like minds to be able to allow their ideas to thrive.

It's all a matter of perception and fact, part of why things like evidence is needed in court when there is no conclusive physical evidence, a persons testimony is very weak. Yet if multiple people testify, the evidence is far more conclusive.

Also think of why we perform repetitions in scientific tests, whatever the majority of results show will be considered the expected results while the minority are discarded an anomalous.

Trust in others, nobody is trying to hurt you maliciously (especially not a therapist) .

The masses are favoured as it is a more conclusive test and operating as a group makes the individual stronger.
>>
>>29037977
at a certain point the fight becomes semantic doesn't it? rather than being delusional as in insane it's delusional as in defying traditional logic that's in place to structure the world around you, arguably, to minimize things like suffering that result from hunger/malnutrition, maybe just to eventually put billboards on mars haha!
>>
>>29038504
Nothing you said was wrong, but I could still disagree with the therapist's views by trying to prove her wrong, and winding up with the same negative results as all previous times. I call it gambling, you can only spend yourself so many times with no reward before you're all out of things to spend.

>>29038530
The minority are important because they exist. Suppose you took a look at the general happiness of 1st world nations, it'd probably be high. But those few who want to kill themselves still remain. Their existence is not that of the happy ones.

>>29038553
Indeed it depends in what you believe, especially what you stand for. Perhaps such a person as you described would value space colonization over their own life. Why is he wrong to believe in such values?
>>
File: freud.jpg (26 KB, 341x500) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
26 KB, 341x500
>>29038153
>What is it then that's wrong with my brain?
A brain will always try and make sense of the world, and it has a strong preference with making sense of it through it's preconcieved notions. To do this, it will amplify any evidence for it's preconcieved notions and downplay the evidence against it. This is evident throughout the human experience.

If there is strong negative evidence or if there is no positive evidence, then the brain will confabulate (i.e. mental gymnastics, or just make up stuff) evidence for it's position.

Your brain is desperately trying to validate it's delusions through denial of evidence to the contrary and straight up making up excuses to avoid a potentially significant shift in perspective, the results of which could be many hours of restructuring a new world view and outlook.
>>
>>29038620
But constructing that newer and truer world view and outlook would be a positive experience. Clearly the emotional side of me just desperately fights not to take any more pain again, not to be beaten and kicked as it is already coughing blood on the ground.

This emotional side of me is a force I am aware of but not conscious of. It is a force that acts as a machine, taking my thoughts as inputs and spitting out feelings as outputs. It is a force I have control over, but the inability to ever completely control. I am a slave to this force.
>>
File: badassery.jpg (245 KB, 1072x715) Image search: [Google]
badassery.jpg
245 KB, 1072x715
>>29038680
Now you are beginning to understand.

The body and mind, above all, desire to exist in a state of homeostasis, to propagate its current form and function forever. It's why people find great psychological difficulty in trying any significant change in lifestyle (losing weight, becoming more outgoing, leaving a bad relationship, etc.) It is everybody's responsibility to overcome that inertia in order to enact positive change upon themselves.
>>
>>29038762
I go through the cycle, of finding the motivation to try again. I'm always so hopeful as I'm trying, I believe in the positive outcome. Then my hopes are crushed by the negative outcome, and I blame myself for ever having hope in the first place for knowing it would just result in pain again.

I cannot overcome the inertia for me and my emotions are eternally bound. And right now, they're dead weight I cannot move with.
>>
File: camp gondola.jpg (229 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
camp gondola.jpg
229 KB, 500x705
>>29038853
To bow to the fickle tides of emotion is what the weak do. It's in the same vein as New Year's Resolution memes where people wash out after a month. Routine isn't about doing something when you have the motivation, it isn't about always feeling the fire in your belly and the spark in your eyes and the theme in your head to get you to do it. It's about trying even when you have no other reason to.

Have you ever considered the reason Sisyphus eternally rolls the boulder is because he gives up just before he reaches the top?
>>
>>29038929
but why would I try something if I have no reason to and tons of reason not to?
>>
>>29038853
Your emotions commonly counter logic, forcing you into situations you believe are better but once under scrutiny show otherwise.
Weaker people follow their emotions and end up in situations like drug addiction where they NEED a chemical to survive while it takes the strong to hold themselves back for the sake of themselves.
>>
>>29039014
I just don't see how to dull the influence of my emotions without being diagnosed with a new mental disorder.

I mean I've turned them off before and altered then so every time I felt I was right I did it and had no regrets cause I stood up for myself. But then I was a huge asshole who would then nosedive straight into successes AND mistakes.

That then implies you need an emotional balance, but how would one find such a thing?
>>
>>29037977
Oh that's funny. I also don't eat for the same reasons, but luckily whenever someone asks I can blame my past addiction to cocaine.
Keep in there, buddy. :)
>>
>>29037977
At least being delusional lets you fit in with every single board on 4chan.
>>
>>29039133
>but how would one find such a thing?
It takes time and maybe external help. You are far from lost however.
>>
>>29039249
Having a creature with two separate sources of control is inefficient. The optimal is one source of control.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that this step of evolution that made us so much better still makes us awful. lol
>>
>>29039323
Every stage in evolution has a drawback, it's just that one is more effective than the other.
>>
>>29037977
A delusion is a man saying he's a woman because he's wearing a dress.
>>
>>29039407
more like gender is a delusion
>>
>>29037977
I'm trying to turn my therapist into an existential nihilist
>>
>>29039978
I know that feel bro, not meming here to you they are literally a game. Mine found out I was playing the game though cause I do it largely in irony and got mad at me.
>>
>>29039978
>existential nihilist
that's because you're a 14 year old pretentious autists
>>
>>29039978
>>29040011
I tried to do that to a few month back with my then new therapist. I was THIS close to making here break down crying, but I whispered "gotcha" just a bit to early and blew it. how could I have been so dumb? why did you do it, you fucking moron, why?
>>
>>29040098
I have hard time picturing a pretensious autist
>>
>>29040098
if existential nihilism makes you think of autistic 14 year olds, i doubt you know what it means.
>>
>>29037977
FFS, why do you retards use animu images even when it makes no sense to do so.
>kys
>>
>>29038153
Do you not understand the concept of objectivity? If you can't recognize and accept actual evidence of something before you, then yes, you are delusional, and no amount of (your own) rationalizing is ever going to fix you or your shattered life.
>>
>>29037977
Nobody really knows if they're really delusions or not. The only people who could make even remotely good guesses are people who are either you or are close to you, otherwise people are just using memes to evaluate you.

If what you think has nothing to do with them, then why do you care what they think? They live different lives and think and feel different things than you do.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try to gather evidence and perspective, because you can always be wrong, and so can they. When you reach a solid conclusion, not sticking to it because other people don't is fucking dumb, like selling your soul.

Consensus is meaningless when it's not true consensus and instead an imposition.
>>
File: 1416080132733.png (2 KB, 236x176) Image search: [Google]
1416080132733.png
2 KB, 236x176
>>29039821
This guy gets it
ti steg yug siht
>>
>>29039821
Yes, a man saying gender is a delusion and that he should be called a woman is a delusion too.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.