[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manlet Misconception Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: HseDFYG.jpg (221 KB, 1728x1328) Image search: [Google]
HseDFYG.jpg
221 KB, 1728x1328
I want to clear up some of the misconceptions of life as a manlet. I am a manlet (5'6") so I know what I'm talking about and I think most manlets will agree with me.

>Myth #1
Every fucking manlet thread has a lanklet that comes in and says "Well my friend is 5'5" and he fucks tons of girls, quit using height as an excuse.

First of all, I'm not saying manlets can't be good with girls. There are some hot manlets.

And a manlet with a 8/10 or higher face (Chadlet) will always get a girl over an average 6'1 guy. Maybe not with the really tall girls, but even those girls aren't gonna date an average 6'1" guy without a good face.

But these are exceptions. Most manlets never get the beautiful jaw and cheek and chin that women desire. Probably due to lack of whatever makes us grow in general.

So basically that leaves lots of manlets with average to below average faces. This is where it gets difficult. Because the average looking tall guy can score girls easily enough. The average looking short guy can't.

>Myth #2
Manlets have Napoleon complex. Probably the one that annoys me the most.

Anything we do is overcompensating for height. Honestly it's not. I can't think of one time I have tried to overcompensate for my height. I dont even know how you would do that.

>Myth #3
I can't get a girl and I'm 6', must be girls.

I have no empathy for anyone 5'10 or over that can't get a gf. At that height it just means you're not trying or you're need to work on your social skills. Difference is it's yourself holding you back, not your genes.

>Myth #4
Manlet cutoff is 5'10"

So much bullshit in this one. 5'8" is closer to cutoff point. 5'8" and 5'9" guys can never use height as an excuse unless they are targeting WNBA players.

Real manlets start at 5'7 and below.
>>
File: 1346303464559.jpg (65 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1346303464559.jpg
65 KB, 400x400
>Truth #1
Men by far lie more about their height. I've dated 2 girls that were taller than me. Both told me they were 5'7" and I could tell they were since I accurately judged they were an inch taller than me.

Now I have friends who straight up lie about their height even though they are taller than me. One of my friends who is an inch taller than me (maybe 2 inches but thats a stretch) claims he is 5'10". This isn't an isolated incident either. Every friend of mine that I can tell is 1 to 2 inches taller than me always claims 5'10 or 5'11. Even when one of my friends that is legit 6'1" stands several inches taller than them, will still claim this. I am friends with a couple...the girl is 5'5" so I'm barely taller than her...her husband is 3 inches taller than her..and 2 inches taller than me and says he is 5'11". Men fucking lie about their height...just like penis length.

>Truth #2
Women don't know shit about measurements or height. Well maybe one in construction or a carpenter, but they are lesbian so who cares.

Women can't into math so inches or feet is just a fucking number to them.

What they can tell is who is taller than them. Thats it. All that matters. If your 3 to 4 inches taller than them they dont give a fuck. Which considerably cuts the manlet market down. Plus the fact that lots of short girls want tall guys to make up for their shortness.

>Semi Truth #1
"Just have confidence bro"
Ok so I'll give you this one. But confidence comes from personal experience. And unless you are a Chadlet (Short Chad) you have no good experience to speak of. Thats when "Fake it till you make it" comes in. Which is bullshit, girls can smell that a mile away. But if you have real confidence, yah I admit it will help...but not overcome most of the manlet obstacles.
>>
File: 1464794070000.jpg (75 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1464794070000.jpg
75 KB, 640x960
>Semi Truth #2
Manlets are the fat girls of the dating world.
I really hate this one. I think most of us on here agree that it's not technically true. a manlet with an average appearance and fit with a good job should be far superior to a fat slob of a girl. But I also know that when it comes to dating, women standards are so notoriously high that short men fall at the bottom of the desirability spectrum.

tl;dr - nice guys finish last
>>
I'm a Manlet (5'9) and I have the jaw of a god.
>>
>>29036731
good for you, but you're not really a manlet
>>
>>29036731
You're not a manlet tho, you're taller than most girls. Men under 5'7 are manlets.
>>
I'm 5'7'' and the girl who loves me is 5'7'' as well.
I'm not in love with her, though. I know any 6' dude could come and steal her from me any day, so I'm not getting attached.
>>
>>29036469
>>Myth #3 Difference is it's yourself holding you back, not your genes.
Try again. No matter how tall you are, if your genes fucked you over and gave you a shitty face, no girl is going to want to date you.
>>
>>29036515
> fat girl
> using an example that's actually a thicc goddess i'd love to fug
>>
Manlet reporting (5'4)

Honestly, if you just work towards not making your height such a big deal and using it as an excuse, you can find a girl who LEGITIMATELY doesn't care for height.
>>
>>29037552
It's literally impossible to not care about it when you're 5'4
>>
File: Kevin-and-Ciroc-Girl.jpg (68 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Kevin-and-Ciroc-Girl.jpg
68 KB, 450x450
>>29037623
Yeah, I'm not saying it doesn't cross my mind that if I was taller, I'd be more attractive. But you can tell when someone is insecure about their height, which I aim not to be. Work around your height by not drawing attention to how much you think it affects you.
>>
File: 1393178552831.png (30 KB, 514x352) Image search: [Google]
1393178552831.png
30 KB, 514x352
>>29036469
>5'8" and 5'9" guys can never use height as an excuse
>>
>>29038092

I think 5'8 is a gray area where you have some right to complain, but it still doesn't affect you to the extent that it does guys shorter than you. 5'9s can fuck off completely.
>>
File: 1462237708049.png (9 KB, 404x399) Image search: [Google]
1462237708049.png
9 KB, 404x399
>>29038148
>5'9s can fuck off completely.
>>
>>29036469
>you are holding yourself back, not your genes
You are your genes you fucking retard
>>
while you say "myth 2" is a myth, if think about it, manlets DO have to compensate. youre always on the short end of the stick so if youre not aggressive, then you dont get anything. this is our trait to adapt. the ones that dont compensate, meaning not being aggressive in your pursuance, become the trash of society (like me, neet and weeblord). obviously if youre tall and aggressive those traits go well together but usually they dont have to be aggressive because shit is always handed to them. its inevitable to them
>>
>>29036469
>Corollary to Myth #2
If a manlet talks to a lanklet the same way he talks to a woman, he's definitely compensating for his height.
>>
>>29036469
Oh, whoops, sorry little guy - you ought to wear a bell around your neck! I almost stepped on your thread down here! *tussles your hair warmly* *looks at your mom* He's very cute! *looks back down at you* One day, you'll grow up big and strong, just like me! :)
>>
5'9 dude and almost never had a problem - only time its an issue is with girls that are taller than you, but it seems like most girls 5'11+ have mental illnesses.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.