[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no free will >no god >no objective morality >no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1436680952343.jpg (85 KB, 417x597) Image search: [Google]
1436680952343.jpg
85 KB, 417x597
>no free will
>no god
>no objective morality
>no meaning of life

Knowing these facts, how am I supposed to be not depressed?
>>
>>29035293
I don't understand what you mean by any of those terms whose existence you deny except 'objective morality', but I don't think any intellectual worldview can cause chemical depression.
>>
>>29035293
>no free will
nice meme
>no god
True
>no objective morality
That's based on your preferences
>no meaning of life
True, but you can set one for yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 1000x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 1000x480
>>29035293
>family believes in God
>rejects idea that people are 100% determined by their surroundings
>believes bible is the moral definition
>believes bible provides a meaning for life

I don't know, Anon. I'm still pretty young (18 mind you) and I can't honestly worship with them. My eyes have been opened, and there is no going back
>>
File: 15968798797.jpg (87 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
15968798797.jpg
87 KB, 640x633
>>29035293
The jews have made you believe everything is worthless and insignificant, you're literally a slave to them now.
>>
There being no external, "objective" morality doesn't make morality any less significant to the human experience. It is something developed by humans for humans. The same goes for "meaning". It only exists within the human language. That doesn't mean it's any less pertinent to our experience as humans, actually it make it more so. Why would you consider this a bad thing?

>>29035321
>believing chemical depression is real
>>
File: 1463869408059.jpg (12 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1463869408059.jpg
12 KB, 480x480
Right now you can decide to start eating well, drink more water, get more sunlight, exercise, and practice hobbies.

But you don't because you keep making excuses.
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 800x1019) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 800x1019
>tfw the universe is stuck in a cycle
>>
>>29035398
If only there were a way for you to understand how much suffering is caused by believing what you there espoused.
>>
>>29035398
Jokes on you. I already do all these things and my existential crisis persists.
>>
>>29035426
Reality is suffering, kid.
>>
You got all that no down, but not the most important one.
>no caring
It solves all your problems. Without the last one, a man of your superior intelligence is bound to be unhappy.
>>
>>29035293
That's a good question, and one that I have not been able to resolve myself.
>>
>>29035471
I don't mean people facing the 'truth' that 'their happiness depends on themselves'. I mean the oceans of blaming and hatred that stem from belief in free will and the oceans of ignorance and preventable suffering that result from underresearching nature and nurture and underpreventing causes of illness and accident that depend on those.
>>
>>29035293
By reading Thomas Aquinas and stop being such a nihilistic fuckboy.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.