[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SSRIS/anti-depressants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: prozac.jpg (10 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
prozac.jpg
10 KB, 460x276
Has anyone here been on them or using them at the moment?
Do they work?
>>
File: depression.png (388 KB, 754x727) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
388 KB, 754x727
>>29035188
currently on 200mg of setraline

The effects of Anti-depressants are usually different from person to person, some work, some don't
if they don't you usually just go and change the drug
when they do work, you should find they just mellow out your mood i.e. prevent you going off the deep end and allow you to continue on with life without being bogged down about killing yourself
>>
>>29035188
prozac gave me some pretty shitty symptoms
>>
>>29035269
>>29035302
feel free to eloborate
>>
>>29035415
Prozac just made me feel shitty about noting at all. forgive me for being a bragfag but I don't have anything to be depressed about but I still felt like blowing my brains. another way of putting it is it gave me pretty sever anhedonia
>>
>>29035415
I will refer to my experience on setraline then in more detail

At the start, i was on 50mg of setraline, which gradually increased to 200mg over a period of 4 months
Side affects i experienced were stomach pains, drowsiness at times, increased suicidal thoughts and anxiety, but they slowly went away after a month
I have noticed that my urge to act on my suicidal thoughts has diminished to the point that i do not think i would act on anytime soon
I also feel calmer but at the same time, slightly more anxious than usual
>>
Im pretty sure in depressed but i have no money to go to a proper doctor.
Actually i could buy some anti depressants off the deep web. Should i? What do i start with?
>>
Lexapro has been helpful to me. It certainly hasn't solved any of my problems but I have an easier time motivating myself to make positive changes in my life. So the medication is one tool among many to help me climb out of depression. The pill alone does little.
>>
>>29035188
i'm on prozac.I have been taking that and zoloft on and off for about 5 years or so.They don't do shit for the depression,but i have premature ejaculation and they work great for that.Also,when i was taking zoloft i noticed my OCD symptoms were milder,but i'm pretty sure it was just placebo.
>>
>>29036151
forgot to mention that my dose is small enough to safely drink alcohol which is great. Not that I drink a lot but it's nice to have a beer once in a while.
>>
psychiatry is literally a jewish scam unless you can't live without your treatment

SSRIs dont work

cop some tianeptine or any other tricyclic and work on your mindset and get therapy or some shit
>>
>>29035188
A little bit. Makes you not want to kill yourself slightly as much.
>>
>made me shit myself randomly
>could not cum
>gave me a weak stomach
>made me even more of a blubbering mess than i already am
>made me lose like 20 pounds
Prozac did not sit well with me. If you take it, take the syrup and not the pills- the pills give you heartburn.
>>
>>29036606
>make you lose weight
Where do i have to sign?
>>
>>29036647
E A T L E S S
A
T

L
E
S
S

its not difficult dude cmon
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
My psychologist prescribed me St. Johns wort, it's a placebo plant right?
>>
I've been on a few ssris and all i had was constant fatigue. No real upsides
>>
Escitalopram, just went off for a few days because I forgot to refill my script, and I caused about a hundred dollars of damage to doors and walls and shit just today.
>>
>>29036675
"Be yourself" tier advice, faggot.
>>
I am on Wellbutrin (bupropion). I think it's helped my ADHD and maybe my bipolar depression or maybe just made it all worse (am bp1).

I don't know why they write ssri's instead of it. All the side effects are nice: better sex drive, more sexual pleasure, more energy, it was almost an ADHD drug, seizures, etc.
>>
>>29036085

Don't be a retard anon.
>>
>>29036729
literally next time you go to eat take half of what you would normally eat and put it bacj or save it for a later meal

you fucking hamplanet retard holy shit its not difficult
>>
i recently started on prozac/lovan, i'm about two weeks in. didn't really have any symptoms besides diarrhea on the first day. only on 10mg right now, psych said doc will probably increase to a normal dose next week.
>>
>>29036729

>how do I lose weight?
>by eating less
>shut up faggot, that doesn't work!
>>
File: 1442464584738.jpg (188 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1442464584738.jpg
188 KB, 640x1136
it's so weird when they work
in case you were wondering
my therapist had me keeping a thought diary
all day long i was writing about how worthless i am and awful and ugly
and hurting myself and wanting to kill myself
then i was writing less and less
then not at all
i didn't have anything bad to write

all those thoughts and feelings you so closely identify with blow away like chaff. it was never you
>>
>>29035188
I have treatment resistence depression but I'm currently on 150mg of sertraline and 25mg of quetipine.
I'm still severely depressed, but not suicidal anymore.
If I don't get better soonish I'm going to be referred for transcranial magnetic stimulation.
Honestly I think that medication seems to work better for non-chronic depression, but it really depends on the person.
I had an overdose previously which fucked up my response to ssris a bit aswell.
>>
SNRIs
if you find some that work for you they'll stop your lows being so low. it's worth it, but you have to do something about whatever the reason is you're taking them. on their own the pills are not a cure, they're a stopgap. after a while they might not work so well or at all.
you might have to go through a small withdrawal getting off them too but that's not so bad for what they can do for you.

many years on ven, ama.
>>
File: tumblr_nm52z2ajAV1sx6pl1o1_1280.jpg (415 KB, 612x480) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm52z2ajAV1sx6pl1o1_1280.jpg
415 KB, 612x480
>>29035188

im on them again now

>tfw have not cried since i started taking them
>but i feel like i need to cry i don't know why
>fug life senpai
>>
>>29036908
quetiapine is a bipolar antidepressant, but at doses north of 300mg
are you using it for sleep?
>>
>>29036972
I'm sure this is ill advised but you could do what I used to do and stop taking your pills for a few days and watch some sad tv/films.
>>
I'm on 100mg's of Sertraline but I'm not sure how effective they are. Most days I just feel listless with no motivation at all, I don't really clean my room or myself, I also find it hard to care too much about most things.
>>
I'm on 50mg of sertraline. I can't cum.
>>
>>29037084
poor compliance is why ssri's "don't work" for so many people
>>
>>29037202
I was right then, it was ill advised.
>>
>be depressed
>prescribed several different antidepressants over a few years
>most don't work and have shitty side effects
>friend gives me dexamphetamine one day
>take it
>no longer feel depressed
>things are still not that great, but actually have the motivation and belief that I could change them
>they cannot be prescribed for depression in my country

FUCK
>>
Lexapro. They're not working. I dont think. I don't know.

How long do SSRI's normally take? Been like maybe a week or two on the full dose thus far, but I've been taking them very religiously and rigorously.

All they've done is made me constipated. Then sedated. Now I think my anxiety and depression is pretty bad

Someone please tell me something, I need help
>>
On paxil now, my third or fourth anti depressant. Helping a little, don't spend all my time thinking about offing myself anymore and don't feel completely hopeless. Makes it pretty hard to get erections or cum though which sucks.
>>
Not antidepressant but drug related. Went to the psychiatrist today and was prescribed Rexulti for schizophrenia, I haven't filled in the prescription yet and I don't know if I will. Anyone have any experience with this drug?
>>
>>29037882
It's pretty much the least shit antipsychotic there is, and very new (2015)
>>
On 150 sertraline and 5 olanzapine
>sleeping every day at 10pm
>managing to jog three times a week
That's the good side. Still worthless
>still emotionally blunt
>no motivation to work or study
>eating all the time but a hungry skeleton
I'm not sure it's working. Every time I tell the doc it's because I'm a lazy sac of shit she says it's not my fault. Fucking women
>>
>>29037582
give it a bit longer but you might need a higher dose or a different drug, talk to your doctor about what you specifically want out of them.
>>
Garbage and high chance of killing you if you take actual fun drugs like MDMA

Just order some Etizolam from Nippon-pharmacy (website)

Works like benzos
>>
>>29036309
this. they just want to take yor money. dont fall for it like i did. i ended up in a fucking mental ward over this shit and its NOT fucking fun man. the pills make you go crazy, then they diagnose you with shit like "schizophrenia" and "bipolar disorder" but really its just bullshit. dont ever fuck around with that shit
>>
>>29037007
Sorry for late response, yeah the sertraline is making my sleep very bad. I'm pretty surethe quetipine is just for the short term.
>>
File: dfsaeradsf.jpg (120 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
dfsaeradsf.jpg
120 KB, 900x900
>>29035188
I was on a few different ones over a period of about 6 years.
Sertraline was the main one and it certainly helped stabilize my mood.

Initially when I started taking it, I felt drowsy and it inhibited sexual function slightly but those side effects went away after about a week.

>>29036309
SSRIs do work for a number of mentally ill people. There's very little understanding of HOW they actually work and they don't work any better than placebos for MOST depressed people.
But for a number of very depressed people, they certainly help. IIRC, a researcher aggregated the data from a number of clinical trials and found that they're a waste of time and money unless you're very depressed.

Also, you're absolutely right about working on your mindset. Basically all depressed people have a defeatist mindset and world view and they're never going to be happy until they fix that.

It took me years to sort myself out and to really digest and apply the changes to how I thought and without that I'd never have improved and would still be a (moderately less) depressed dude on SSRIs forever.
>>
>>29036683
Don't think so.
>"Hypericum perfotatum is known to inhibit serotonin reuptake in a manner not associated with the serotonin transporter (SERT),[8] which is the common mechanism of SRI/SSRI antidepressants."
>examine.com/supplements/hypericum-perforatum/
>>
>>29036647
As someone that lost weight on Prozac it's not from the drug
It'd from the severe loss of appetite aka not eating for days
>>
My dog has bitten 3 people and now she's on Prozac for anxiety. It's supposed to take a few weeks to start working. She was born as a street dog.
>>
Ive been on 50mg of sertraline for 2 weeks now. I'm feeling more motivated to do things but I don't think that its the meds.
>>
>>29035188
No. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4172306/
>>
>>29039465
Someone should seriously euthanize your vicious pet.
>>
>>29037187
lol exactly the same I have to be super horny to cum
>>
I tried sertraline and venlafaxine with bad side effecs on both.
On sertraline I constantly had the shits and a pretty bad headache. I was also extremely tired during the day causing me to sleep excessively.
On venlafaxine I felt cracked out all the time, lost sleep, and sweat constantly.
I tried the two for an anxiety disorder without success so it's on to the next one I guess.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.