[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw high intelligence >tfw shit memory It seems like any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1464644722774.jpg (65 KB, 400x432) Image search: [Google]
1464644722774.jpg
65 KB, 400x432
>tfw high intelligence
>tfw shit memory
It seems like any dumbass with a good memory can get through academia much more easily than a more intelligent person with a much worse memory seeing as school is essentially pure regurgitation. Just think about people who have photographic memories (assuming that it is a real phenomenon). They could simply look at the material without understanding an ounce of it and when it comes time to apply that knowledge they simply remember what the instructor did and then reapply it. I have heard numerous people say things like "Yeah I had no idea what I was actually doing I just memorized how the professor did it" and then basically ace the test. Meanwhile, I constantly forget shit on the test and am literally forced to actually think about it and use my own logic on the spot - which can be very risky depending on how much time is allotted. Can anyone else confirm this? Or am I just being delusional?
>>
>>29032876
I have a high iq, but is nothing special, but I have a very good memory, so I basically coast uni. It's absurd

You aren't delusional, my uni is basically memorization it's filled with noobs that can't into basic math.

Obviously everything is forgotten 2-3 months after, but they already made it through the test.
>>
>>29032876
Don't worry, you don't have high intelligence, you sound like one dumb fuck
>>
>>29032931
What's it like? Do you even have to look through your notes (if you even write notes)? Do you go through previous homework problems that you completed to remind yourself of all the little details? I also frequently forget to turn in homework assignments, is that ever a problem?
>>
>>29033012
My iq is 150+ (according to a test I took in elementary school, so do with that info what you may), so I'm probably not dumb though I have been considering the possibility. What exactly makes me sound dumb?
>>
>>29033019
well 1 week before the exam i start doing old exam papers and do as many as i can and make notes as i do so, never failed

i don't really have notes to look at, if i make notes i just throw them away after, because that's not the point
>>
>>29032876

Can anyone else confirm this?

What? that highly intelligent people have poor memory? I'm afraid it's just not true. You'll probably find that intelligent people are all over the board on this one.

>Tfw eidetic memory

It's pretty cool. It helps with hands on stuff and diagrams, but not rote learning itself.
>>
>>29032876
You realise you can train yourself to have a better memory, right? You'd think that someone with high intelligence would do that
>>
>>29033088
I think finding previous exams to work on would be a great idea for me. I never considered that something like that would be easily attainable unless you get them from the internet which is something that I am afraid of doing due to the threat of viruses. I think next quarter I will ask around my school for practice tests. Thanks for your help!
>>
>>29032876
phd candidate at top school with just slightly better than average intelligence (tested) and shitty memory (i take lithium)

none of it makes any difference

all you really need are three things: time management skills/supreme discipline, the ability to learn from and anticipate criticism, and creativity
>>
>>29033252
Grad student here as well, this is pretty much correct, I don't know what field you're going into that requires good memory, I'm a maths student, and intelligence and creativity are far more pertinent than memorizing things.
>>
>>29033118
>he fell for the special snowflake "eidetic memory meme"
anon pls
>>
>>29033252
>time management skills
This is also a big problem for me. I have a hard time gauging the amount of time there truly is in a given amount of time. Yesterday I found myself imagining how much time there really was in a relatively large portion of time and I had to think back to highschool and the 7 hour school days I had and sort of extrapolated a reasonable feeling for the real amount of time that that 7 hours was composed of. Hopefully I can successfully apply what I learned in the future because I am finding that time passes much more quickly than I anticipate.
>>
>>29033415

Yeah. I'm not basing my entire identity off of it, don't worry.
>>
>>29033379
I'm doing aero/mech engineering so I guess that is more memory intensive than maths though I don't really know. However, I do know that anything that involves creativity is somewhat rare and easy enough for anyone of slightly above average intelligence to accomplish.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.