[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Things you grew out of by the time you turned 18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11
File: no fun allowed.jpg (59 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
no fun allowed.jpg
59 KB, 448x473
I'll start:
>liberalism
>believing that everyone is born equal
>believing in free will
>television
>taking the opinions of critics and reviewers of any medium seriously
>sneakers
>making excuses for improper grammar, ever
>the "marriage" meme
>the "women" meme
>the "college" meme
>pretentiousness
>pretending to enjoy boring classical literature in order to seem intelligent or cultured
>political correctness
>standup comedy
>social media
>at all factoring other people's opinions into your own personal tastes and preferences
>motivational quotes of any kind
>minimalism
>relative morality
>New York City
>using forks
>eating garbage food, pretending to enjoy it, and going around telling people it's "an acquired taste"
>good posture
>black coffee
>anticipating birthdays
>interacting with normies
>smartphones
>the idea that the larger something is, the better it tastes
>Marvel movies
>Canada
>hobbies that involve consuming instead of producing
>snow
>>
>>29031476
I bet you're a real fun guy to be around, or just to be.
>>
>>29031513
This. I bet you spent a lot of time on this list, OP.
>>
>>29031476
This picture depicts the original poster.
>>
>>29031513
>>29031548
Shouldn't you guys have grown out of the whole "he disagrees with my personal preferences so he's a loser!" routine by now?

>>29031585
I'm not a hipster nor am I the opposite of one (which would make me a reactionary hipster). I'm just a guy.
>>
>New York City
>using forks
what?
>>
also
>pretentiousness
your whole post is pretentious as it gets, by fucking far
here's what I grew out of
>the 'growing out of things' maymay
>>
>>29031905
>garbage meme city filled with "le so QUIRKY" hipster faggot liberals in which everything is too expensive and everyone is just a shallow, vapid, walking meme
>garbage meme utensil that is objectively inferior to simply eating with your hands, as opposed to a spoon or knife which both excel at their intended purpose
>>
>new york city

It's a cool place though. It isn't magic fairy town, but there are tons of good places to go if you aren't super poor
>>
>>29031928
How is any of what I said pretentious? Not taking film reviews seriously is pretentious? Not liking classical literature is pretentious? Eating food with your fucking hands is pretentious? That's l i t e r a l l y the opposite of what pretentious people do. Do you even know what the word means? The only pretentious thing on that list is the sneakers bit, and I admit that.
>>
File: You're A Faggot.gif (742 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
You're A Faggot.gif
742 KB, 500x281
OP, you really are quite the faggot.

even if you dismiss my "opinion" you can't deny that it's an objective FACT.
>>
>>29032023
>I AM OFFENDED BY YOUR TASTE IN THINGS SO I WILL CALL YOU A FAGGOT!
It's funny how you people don't see the glaring irony in this.
>>
man I fucking hate ernest hemmingway
>>
>>29031973
mommy, look! a grown up!

>>29032011
I think you're the one who doesn't know the meaning of the word pretentious
>>
>>29032050
>implying i'm offended

This is the reason people think you're a faggot OP if only the autism allowed you to see it.
>>
I think I understand why OP is putting up such a shitty shameful bait
he's fishing (You)s
move one people, nothing to see here
>>
>>29031476
>hobbies that involve producing instead of consuming

This is the one correct part of this whole shitshow. But then again, a broken clock is right twice a day, right?
>>
>>29032060
But the first one is a legitimate opinion and the second one is actually a very childish, immature thing to do. You don't even have a coherent argument. You keep claiming I'm trying too hard to be grown-up but I'm rejecting a lot of grown-up things in favor of more childish things. That directly contradicts your claim, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>29032132
Autistic people aint got better shit to do... it's not like op has friends. Only people op meets are on grindr
>>
File: 1276548738770.jpg (151 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1276548738770.jpg
151 KB, 400x300
>>29031476

>treating 4chan like my blog and making shitty list posts

Fuck off, OP.
>>
>looking in mirrors
>deep water
>greasy pizza
>going slow in vidya
>>
File: 1458262484597.jpg (552 KB, 886x1002) Image search: [Google]
1458262484597.jpg
552 KB, 886x1002
>>29032229
Ah, I see what the problem is. Everyone in this thread is an anally-ravaged normie faggot who's absolutely seething over their garbage tastes being criticized. It all makes sense now. Go watch your shitty Marvel movies and cry into your Starbucks cups of piss-tasting black coffee while feigning a smile and pretending to enjoy it because it makes you look so refined and mature while you fawn over some minimalist paintings on fucking Pintrest or whatever with your latest iPhone and browse r/4chan in another tab because you're so cool and have so many friends with garbage interests just like you and everyone totally likes you while you sit there festering and doing nothing and passing the time ingesting filth and producing nothing of substance because you're boring, dumb, and even more creatively-void than the already soulless interests you have, you sad normie husks.
>>
File: Well There It Is.gif (2 MB, 390x205) Image search: [Google]
Well There It Is.gif
2 MB, 390x205
>>29032426
>"Well there it is"

kek
>>
>>29031973
I can vividly imagine you eating pasta with sauce with your hands and its fucking hilarious.

Thanks autistic anon, you made my night.
>>
>>29032494
>he doesn't eat his pasta with a spoon
Oh, anon. You dumb fucking faggot.
>>
>>29031476
>employment
>movies, films, flicks, etc.
>turning on lights during day time
>going for "walks"
>meditation and any eastern philosophy in general
>torrenting vidya
>decorating your "living space" with pictures, posters and so forth
>>
>>29032524
How would you eat spaghetti, angel hair, or bucatini with a spoon? That sounds like torture
>>
Whats classical litherature to you? Is it about the time period, writing- style or topic?
>>
>>29032616
you're wasting your time, he's grown out of fancy italian words
>>
Minimalism in Art, Photos, the way you Set up furniture in a room?

Also you kind of are on a social media site right now
>>
>>29031973
You eat with your hands?
>>
>>29032673
All three. I don't like the prose, I don't like the subject matter, and I don't like the time period. Unfortunately, contemporary lit is almost as terrible so there are few books I actually enjoy.

>>29032685
kek

>>29032775
Yes, yes, and yes. 4chan is not a social media site in any sense of the term. Your identity is not tied to an account, your posts stand for themselves, no personal information is displayed, and the same guy calling you a faggot cunt in one thread could be unknowingly be your best buddy in another thread. It's not a social media platform.
>>
probably my self esteem
>>
File: 1448574960864.gif (1 MB, 370x288) Image search: [Google]
1448574960864.gif
1 MB, 370x288
>>29031476
>New York City

yo it took you 18 years? I knew New York was shit when I was five, lmao
>>
>>29031476
>Summertime
>Hope
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 320x224
>>29031476
>liberalism
>political correctness
>sci-fi escapist fantasies
>normie opinions
That's about it really, soon I will grow out of depression
>>
>>29033223
This, worst city in the country
>>
>women
>believing that trying to fit in is a good idea
>watching tv
>reading/watching news (news reporters are extremely incompetent)
>>
>>29032908
Do you like modern history novels like for ex. Pillars of the earth or Do you prefer it when the time period is relateable/ plays no roll
>>
>>29031476
>using literary fedoras (indeed, whilst, ergo)
>fight club
>non-windows operating systems
>recycling
>hoodies
>mechanical pencils with .7mm leads
>thinking that being working class is cool
>expressing sarcasm or disdain by using quotation marks
>vacations/travelling
>believing your problems are caused by a vitamin deficiency
>>
>>29033349
Forgot about these:
>social media
>having any dreams or hopes
>social life
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 1004x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 1004x749
>>29033308
I love the city but I also love shitting on it.
>that subway station filled with piss and rats
>all of those teenage normies
>all of those hipsters
>all of that advertising
>>
>>29031476
>Everyone triggered by this
Goes to show how many underage are here
>>
>Video games
>drugs
>sweets
>edgy atheism
>Smalltalk
>"stylized" Art
>TV
>Facebook
>>
I'M OP AND THIS IS A LIST OF EVERYTHING I HATE

WAAAAH

I swear there are literal children on here.
>>
>>29033427
>I love the city but I also love shitting on it.
I feel the same way except about Boston.

I've lived in New York for a little bit with my aunt and I got wrecked by some bedbugs. It's a nice looking city in some parts, though

Now I really hate chicago because some guy at a hotdog stand flipped on me because I said i didn't like mustard
>>
>>29031476
>snow
most of those are okay, but this is not acceptable
>>
>>29033516
Did something upset you? :)
>>
Video games
Movies
Politics in general
Having fun

>>29031476
>political shit
>>
ITT: edgy 18 year olds
>>
>>29033591
triggered and developmentally delayed 19 year old detected
>>
>>29033573
>thinking you won't be affected by politics if you ignore it
oh yes, I remember that one.
>>
Empathy. It's a total sham.
>>
File: 1447094532503.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1447094532503.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
>>29031476
>Being a Wigger
>Pretentiousness
>Yelling/screaming
>Drinking Soda water
>Bayblades
>New York City
>Social Media
>SJWisms
>>
>>29032057
Same, but then again, I never pretended to even enjoy him as I am too autistic to care about pretending to enjoy books I don't.

>>29033407
Good on you, holy shit. Though recycling is a bit of a meme thing to say you grew out of (as a member of a hygienic 1st world nation it seems a bit ridiculous that someone actually wouldn't recycle).

>>29033477
Hopefully you grew out of edgy atheism and became just an atheist that doesn't really try to argue much or care about what you personally believe or don't, so long as you're not harming anyone.

>>29033535
I agree, OP is a faggot, but that's never news, is it?
>>
>>29033686
I'm not him, but I understand that politics will affect me, I'm just to apathetic. Sometimes I feel like I really should care, but I just can't
>>
>>29033516
>getting this mad over someone not liking things you like
Take a breath, friend.
>>
File: 1464476803171-r9k.jpg (80 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1464476803171-r9k.jpg
80 KB, 645x773
>>29033738
>>Drinking Soda water
>>Bayblades
You are no longer cool my man
>>
>>29034320
soda's only good if you treat it like ice cream as an adult. That means it's a dessert/candy and not a dietary staple.
>>
>standup comedy
>sneakers
>at all factoring other people's opinions into your own personal tastes and preferences
>relative morality
>good posture
you sound like an ass desu senpai

>social media
what do you think 4chan is
>>
>>29035559
For the last time, 4chan is not a social media platform. It's the literal antithesis to a social media platform. Please stop spreading this cancerous meme.
>>
>>29031476
You seem like embodiment of the 4chan user meme
>>
>>29035801
Your insult has been noted.
>>
>>29032267
>greasy pizza
Fuck you.
>>
>>29031476
I'm with you on everything but minimalism.

Sometimes less is more.
>>
>>29033407
>>>non-windows operating systems
Linux is actually good
>>
>>29037067
I agree, I think it definitely has a place. But when it floods every aspect of graphic design, when it floods every aspect of interior design, and when retards flock to it in droves because it appeals to their lazy, work-avoiding nature, then I start to have a problem with it.
>>
>>29035097
Oh, I misunderstood "soda water" to mean club soda

still no fucking excuse for not using beyblades retro/ironically/unironically
>>
>>29037118
Less minimalism is more. Bahaha.
>>
>>29031973
>eating steak with your hands
wat
>>
>politics
>television
>hopes and dreams
>>
>video games
i just burned myself out. i basically spent most of my teenage years playing fps games

>classic rock
same deal. spent my teenage years listening to zeppelin/beatles/stones type of stuff. can barely listen to it anymore because i'm so sick of it.
>>
>>29031476
You matured at 18? What are you, a fuckin' chad?
>>
Mainly atheism, gluten-free phase, being too argumentive and critical, some narcissism, being uptight, believing in "real-love", judging others for liking things I don't see the appeal of etc
>>
>>29037818
Yeah. You cut it into thin pieces and then eat the pieces with your hands. It's easy.
>>
>>29037851
Can only enjoy vidya when faded now, brings me back to the good times of playing it when I was 12
>>
>>29031973
Supreme b8 dear friend
>>
>>29038323
Are you seriously defending the shithole known as New York City?
>>
>>29031476
One thing you haven't grown out of, OP, is being the biggest fucking edgelord in the world
>>
>>29038373
I'm not even American. And I'm talking about eating with your hands.
>>
>>29038395
How am I edgy?

>>29038403
It's comfortable and convenient. You should try it.
>>
>>29038421
>Almost anything remotely mainstream is bad
>Disliking the habits of almost every type of person despite the inherent contradictions
>Implying your distaste of random items like fucking sneakers or forks is a sign of maturity
>Being "anti-pretentious" while being a pretentious bastard
>Rejecting other people's opinions factoring into personal tastes, while not extending this right to anybody else's tastes from your opinions
>>
>>29038600
Literally all of those are wrong, and as for the last one, it's not contradictory at all. I don't think people should factor in other people's opinions into their own personal tastes. Doesn't stop me from thinking your tastes are shit. Doesn't mean you should listen to me in the slightest.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.