[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day anyone here managed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 3
File: cig.jpg (194 KB, 668x528) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
194 KB, 668x528
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

anyone here managed to quit smoking cigarettes?
>>
File: JR.jpg (100 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
JR.jpg
100 KB, 675x1200
>getting addicted to cigarettes
>>
Yes but i only smoked for roughly two years and even then it was hard as fuck. It took 3 days for the withdraws to go away.
This video made me quit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbQfMmrISE
>>
>>29031307
75 is beyond gross
do you smoke at work?
I smoked, give or take, a pack a day for 13 years.
quit for almost 2 years
now smoke an average of about 1-2 cigarettes a day
I originally quit with patches and e-cigs
>>
>>29031307
I used to smoke 6 or 7 a day. No matter how much you smoke a day the first week or so is fucking hell but once you get past that it gets a little easier every week.

Wanting to smoke never really leaves you too. Every year during spring my urge to smoke comes back. But you just have to tell yourself no and move the fuck on
>>
I stopped by smoking a vape.
>>
>>29031307

Almost 4 packs? Holy fuck op.
>>
>>29031406
>he thinks he quit smoking by smoking
>"muh water vapor"
>mfw in 10 years people will start having problems because of the vapes
>>
Today is my first day of nocigs
I'm already debating whether or not i care enough to quit.
>>
>>29031307
cold turkey 4 years ago. smoked before then for 5 years straight.. just a waste of money and that so called calm feeling you get is through the breathing excersizes you do, after the first smoke in the morning you're not getting anything from it except for the taste
>>
>>29031307
Just eat sunflower seeds instead of smoking
>>
>>29031450
See it as an opportunity to turn your life around.
That's what i did
>>
>>29031462
Pretty much this. After the first one of the day they don't really do anything
>>
>>29031307
yeah, but i never smoked as much as you do. if i hit more than 4 on a day i felt pretty gross

when i was at college i would smoke with my friends (great way to meet people btw, also good way to find people who smoke weed too) but every time i came home for breaks or whatever, i wouldn't even consider smoking. never once had any kind of withdrawal or anything going on, just wasn't in that frame of mind so it never occurred to me

the only problem i ran/run into is that every time i see someone smoking a cigarette in a movie or tv show or even picture, i instinctively think "man i want that"
>>
>>29031445
Switching to a vape is still quitting cigarettes.

>mfw in 10 years people will start having problems because of the vapes

Why do people say shit like this with so much confidence? "The science isn't there yet so I'm gonna make it up. Look how smart I am".
>>
>>29031307
Op are u fuckin kidding me?
>>
>>29031473
I'm probably not going to turn my life around though, I've quit before (about 5x) and always went back to it, just like weight loss, lose weight keep it off for a while and gain it back.

I'm tired of scrambling all over the place
I'm ready to accept my shitty life
>>
>>29031406
if i had the choice to hang out with a bunch of people who smoked cigarettes, like truly just chain-smoked packs constantly, or hang out with a bunch of people who vape, i would pick the cigarette people 10 times out of 10
>>
>>29031533
No I'm serious I smoke 3 packs of 25 a day, why do you people find this hard to believe? I work with a guy who smokes one after another
>>
>>29031517
>The science isn't there yet
correct
but the science isn't there to state otherwise or imply that it is any healthier or worse, show how much worse it is
just accept that you feel for a fedora-tier meme
>>
>>29031517
So you know absolutely nothing bad will happen to you? Wow must be nice.

Why take a risk when you don't know the consequences? Don't act like nothing is going to happen when there is a good chance something will.
>>
>>29031558
>but the science isn't there to state otherwise or imply that it is any healthier or worse,

Yes it is. The only consensus on the topic is it's not AS bad as smoking.

So yeah, stop believing shit you made up yourself like a complete idiot.
>>
>>29031609
hurhurhur
read a fucking book, dipshit
the research and science equivalent to what has been studied on cigarettes is NOT fucking there
>>
I only smoke 3-4 cigs a day and a pack usually lasts me for average 6 days.
I don't even know how you can smoke pack a day, or even more than that.
I just smoke one in the morning, before I go to uni and another after I come back home, then another before I go to bed. I think it's the nice balance between nicotine buzz and not having cancer.
>>
>>29031445
The problem isn't cigarettes it's nicotine and you're just swapping one source of nicotine for another.
>>
>>29031582
>So you know absolutely nothing bad will happen to you?

Where did you get that from? So on top of making up shit and then believing your lies you have no reading comprehension either?
>>
>>29031640
That's wrong you fucking idiot
There's nothing wrong with nicotine as a chemical there's a lot wrong with the all the crazy additives and the act of inhaling burnt plant materials.
>>
>>29031640
>The problem isn't cigarettes it's nicotine
LOL, no. Cigarette companies even add shit to their product that makes them more dangerous than they need to be for the sake of being more addictive.
>>
I just bought a tent and planning to camp FAR outdoors for 3 days to smash the Ciggiatriarchy.

Will bring booze and a small amount of cigarettes.
>>
>>29031551
geez thats crazy man. I never went beyond smoking 6-10 a day. thats so many kek
>>
>>29031551
Have you noticed any health side affects yet?
>>
>>29031781
You're not even really a smoker if you don't smoke 25 or more a day
>>
>>29031307
Jesus that's almost 3 packs a day!
>>
>smoking the nicotine jew

Literally why?
>>
>>29031804
Yeah I wheeze and it sounds like a whistle when I breathe and I cough a lot
>>
>>29031630
You have one every 20 minutes or so if you're addicted to cigarettes
>>
>>29031400
I don't get this. I used to smoke 2 packs a week back in college and would quit cold turkey for every break and never felt withdrawals. Definitely still felt the urge since I like the taste and feeling, but I never felt any withdrawal symptoms or need to do it. Is something wrong with me?
>>
>>29031926
You didn't smoke enough to become addicted, that happens when you smoke more than 30 a day for a few months
>>
>>29031678
You're the one saying there nothing wrong with vaping.
>>
>>29031926
>2 packs a week

why even smoke? might as well quit altogether
>>
>>29031976
i feel euphoric when I smoke though
>>
>>29032020
You only do it to look cool, people who actually smoke have one every 20 minutes
>>
>>29031957
Makes sense, I was just going off what that guy said and other friends who said they had withdrawals from similar amounts.
>>
>>29031926
I guess you're lucky. Even though I didn't smoke as much as other anons I have a really addictive personality. Everything goes from 0 to 11 and smoking became apart of my routine.
>>
>>29032049
They weren't having real withdrawals, you'll know when you do and will do anything to get a cigarette
>>
>>29032041
I only smoke when I'm home, chilling from the balcony. No one sees me there.
I just like the buzz you fucking retard.
At least I'm not a weak faggot who can't function without muh cig
>>
>>29031307
Try to reduce it to 60 and you will see.
>>
Almost 4 packs?

Do you wake up at 5am, smoke literally non-stop and go to bed at 1am?
>>
>>29032096
You do it to look cool. Once you're addicted you smoke every chance you get
>>
>>29031960
No I didn't. I said it's not AS bad as smoking.
>>
>>29032114
75 is 3 packs because packs have 25 retard
>>
>>29032136
They don't have those here. Possible they don't have them wherever he live either.
>>
>>29032114
I have one every 10 minutes, 75 isn't that many to smoke in 1 day considering it takes 2 mins to smoke a cig if you actually drag on it
>>
I stopped, and do you know what helped me?
nofap!

But it was only because by doing nofap for a couple of months I realised I could have the willpower to stop smoking. I became more aware of the types of influences and triggers. Nofap in itself didn't do much, really, but the psychological benefit of being able to control something, and being able to observe your own body help very much.

Now, if only I could do the same thing with eating... I might give it another go.
>>
>>29031462
>>29031514
cigs are stimulant and they help me take a shit, also i can concentrate better and no, it's not the nicotine addiction or whatever idiots call it, cigs are packed with various chemicals and also help with mental illnesses a bit
>>
File: 1418073048878.jpg (35 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
1418073048878.jpg
35 KB, 504x360
hey, i am not a smoker of tobacco, but a daily marijuana smoker

i picked up a pack of camel crush cigarettes the other day. i smoked one and got sick, laid down and passed out

dont know what the fuck happened, got a really strong effect from it.

tried again today and only took a few puffs and it was alright. it felt good actually.

my question is, how often can i do it and not get hooked? one cigarette a day? a week?
>>
>>29032311
>tried again today and only took a few puffs and it was alright. it felt good actually.

you are addicted already
>>
>>29032260
if you wanna be helped with shitting drink tea or coffee and i don't buy the concentration shit you could chew gum and be the same effect (regular gum which helped me quit btw). and without a source I am sure the mental illness thing is a lie.

t.bipolar/ocdfag here
>>
>>29032311
You could smoke 10 a day and not get addicted, it's when you smoke a pack or more a day the addiction starts
>>
>>29032351
there were studies about the mental illnesses thing but i can't be fucking arsed to search for it, suit yourself, also tea, coffee, supplements literally nothing works like cigs work, you must have never smoked cigs, which explains why you talk out of your ass like every anti-cig autist
>>
I smoke 12 cigs a day.
You must have the worst cough in the world my man
>>
>>29032394
i'm this guy>>29031462
I smoked camel wides for 5 years straight and mini cigars. so.. and in my post I did mentioned gum helped me quit. I'm just saying you could quit and cope with other methods but you just wanna stay addicted, which is your right but it's whatever.
>>
>>29032423
I've seen people with way worse smoker cough than me
>>
>>29032479
Huh, that's interesting...
What brand do you smoke?
>>
>>29032471
i smoked for like 10 years then stopped for 2-3 years and soon after i started having gut problems, now started again because of it and i am already feeling better, sure i can get meds but they are making me feel worse and are unpredictable
>>
>>29032499
John player standard or number 7 red
>>
>>29031550
I had a friend who quit with vaping, he was kicked from the group after he became a vape-bro
>>
>>29031406
the methadone of nicotine
you're a lifer man
>>
>>29032521
I never tried those.
Currently, I smoke Piel Roja tobacco (because I'm a poorfag in Europe) and it's giving me terrible coughs. I might try JP.
>>
>>29032311
dont even bother honestly
>>
>>29032260
>cigs are stimulant and they help me take a shit
yeah, sometimes I smoke in the toilet and I usually take a big nasty dump afterwards
pretty comfy
>>
The trick to quitting smoking is to take note of whenever you pick up a cigarette and just.. don't put it in your mouth. It's that simple. Do that every time, forever, and you're good.
>>
>>29032710
I do that already. It isn't helping me, it just makes me feel even worse about myself.
>>
Getting addicted is disgusting.
I allow myself one or two cigs a week. It makes it so much better when you have something to look forward too
>>
>>29031630
I don't get it either. I only smoke 3-4 cigs a day tops and it's alright for me. Pall Mall rocks.
>>
>>29032779
I'd rather look forward to one every half hour and enjoy myself all day
>>
>>29032853
Well, I can understand that. But the difference is that my voice doesn't sound like my thoat is lined with sandpaper, my clothes don't smell like ash all the time and I can actually run for two mins without my lungs threatening to collapse upon them self.

But to each their own I guess
>>
>>29032940
Cigs gave me a deep voice I like it
>>
>>29032950
As I said, to each their own.

But you should seriously consider quitting, or at least smoke less.
That shit IS bad for you, and cancer sucks every pair of sweaty hairy balls on the planet. Speaking from experience
>>
retarded thread, it's almost like a plea for help or attention but since all I see is "yea, this thing you did or that thing the other anon did to quit isn't me.. can't lay off em" well then fuck off and fish for sad sentimentamental attention whoring elsewhere. don't cry when you have a hole in your throat. jesus fuck
>>
>>29031307
I switched to vaping. Meme all you want about it but it has genuinely helped me get rid of cigs
>>
>>29031307
Used to smoke up sixty a day.

Switched to lozengettes and then quit altogether

It's doable but you need to mean it.

First day of total abstinence is the worst. After three days you're over the hump. From there it gets easier. Just remember cravings only last for three minutes.
>>
>>29031640
Nicotine alone is less addictive than tobacco smoke.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16177026
>>
>>29031307
smoking is for normies

there is literally no reason to start in the first place that isn't rooted in being social. you may well get addicted and use it to numb your pain somewhere down the line, but no one starts for those reasons.

it's also expensive as fuck
>>
>>29033330
>le smoking to look cool meme

Nobody has thought smoking is cool for like 20 years, your average dare i say it? NORMAL people look at all smokers with disgust.

smoking ciggs are normie repellant
>>
Smoking is for alphas
>>
>>29031307

Smoked for 9 years. Started when I was 13, I quit last year in august. I know people hate vaping, but I used the blu e cigarettes you buy at gas stations. They're pricy but helped me cut back, each one lasted a week for me. Eventually I dripped the cigarettes and stuck to the blu e cig until I was able to kick that away as well.
>>
>>29034347

Meant to say dropped the cigarettes
>>
I smoked for 6 years since I was 15. I quit one year ago, I used a cheap vape at first with strong nicotine, then less and less. It worked perfect
>>
>>29032063
Don't fall for the 'addictive personality' meme. It's just a cop-out.
>>
I'm a social smoker. I can go through a whole pack at a party, then go cold turkey for days without feeling any withdrawl effects.

And I am inhaling into my lungs, before you accuse me of being a mouth smoker
>>
>>29035131
You do it to look cool aka social smoker, kill yourself showoff
>>
>tfw weed is cheaper than cigarettes in Aus
this helped me quit t b h
>>
>Jobcentre makes me go on some bullshit training thing
>Only have one other trainee working with me, a qt that smokes
>She shows a lot of interest in me and I fall for it because this was my first taste of work and I honestly thought it was the beginning of me turning my life around
>Start smoking with her
>Difficult at first and at one point I casually excused myself to go vomit because I smoked two cigarettes in about 5 minutes despite being a non-smoker
>Eventually get used to it (no more burning throat/nausea) but the course ends and I never see her again
>Get job in call centre
>95% of my colleagues smoke
>Ask someone there on my first day to roll me a cigarette
>Pick it up socially at first and then become a fully-fledged smoker

This was 4 years ago. I'm NEET now but I'm up to about 10-15/day. I hate the smell, the sore throats, the addiction, and the cost. I especially hate having to leave the house to go buy them. I'll quit eventually.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.