[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>so it turns out I have an intestinal microscopic parasite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1444505789193.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1444505789193.png
293 KB, 633x758
>so it turns out I have an intestinal microscopic parasite
>I'm sure I have carried it for about last 10 years, but never went see a doctor cause many reasons
>symtoms start getting unbearable
>go see doctor for good
>doctor prescribes me some meds
>they kind of work, I feel better
(this happened during last 2 months)
>I feel almost normal again
>I no longer feel fatigue, mental block, gastrointestinal discomfort, insomnia, paranoia and delusions (due to insomnia)
>I feel energy, no longer chaotic relations with people, I can sleep well again, I just feel fucking normal for once
>I start working for my older brother and doing pretty well
>realize my life was a fuck up last 10 years because of this SHIT parasite. Because of bad health.
>realize good health is, by far, the most important thing in this life
>I'm actually happy, I feel very good
>I eat some dairy for the first time in months
>get massive diarrhea (I'm pretty sure I'm not lactose intolerant, it's all cause of the parasite and my shit is green)
>all symthoms kind of come back again
>I read on several websites this type of parasite only causes sympthoms on certain carriers, and it MAY be chronic
>mfw
If I actually don't get this shit removed and don't get cured it's game over for me.
>>
>>29029201
Just don't eat dairies man, idk-
>>
>>29029243
The way I see it, if parasite doesn't get fully removed, sympthoms will eventually worsen again, doesn't matter what I eat or don't.
>>
What parasite was it
>>
>>29029474
It's called blastocystis hominis.
>>
>>29029201
What kind of parasite was it anon?
>>
>>29029201
how long was the worm?
>>
File: angry-krabz.png (89 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
angry-krabz.png
89 KB, 265x265
>>29029201
>tfw your whole fucked up life could've been fixed with one pill
>tfw you always thought it's "just your character"

why are such things allowed to exist?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29029584
It's not a worm, it's microscopic. I wish it was a worm though so it could at least get fucking removed
>>
>>29029495
cute name. Maybe get lactose free milk next time? Also, boxers or briefs?
>>
>>29029201
What kind of tests did he run, or do you know? I might be interested in getting tested for this.
>>
>>29029616
I know man, it sucks so much I cannot even express how I feel. It wasn't my whole life though, just around 10 last years, sympthoms got a little worse every year, and this year it was just too much (that's why I went to see a doctor, I couldnt handle the suffering alone no more).
All I want is to get cured and go back to normal again.

>>29029700
coprological test, it sucks to collect samples of your shit but oh well
>>
>>29029785
>It wasn't my whole life though

how old are you now? Are you a robot?
>>
>>29030056
I would consider myself a cyborg if anything. I'm have great genetics, but thanks to the parasite and all the sympthoms I behave like an autistic, antisocial, irritable, neurotic psycho killer and kinda look like a drug addict too
>>
File: pepe stressed.jpg (8 KB, 246x232) Image search: [Google]
pepe stressed.jpg
8 KB, 246x232
>what if most mental issues that we robots suffer from aren't our real, unalterable personalities but rather enforced by parasites, viruses and amoeba?
>>
>>29030270
That's one of my theories. When I felt normal recently for a short time I realized good health is the key, like I said in the op.
>>
>>29030343
I realized that with 17 I think, when I discovered how many people suffer from infirmities already from age 30 onwards.
I always had a very strong immune system, never took a day off at work within 5 years. It's frightning how a physical condition can affect one's personality, we always use to think of ourselves as very stable and unalterable (although the brains alters itself all the time). I remember being afraid of the thought that some microorganism could be the cause of all my apathy and sadness, because that would mean that I'm not in charge.

did you avoid telling doctors because you thought the symptoms were too unspecific or were you just not bothered enough until recently?
>>
>>29030590
>did you avoid telling doctors because you thought the symptoms were too unspecific or were you just not bothered enough until recently?

I avoided going to the doctor all these years cause I was in delusion that they can't help me, that they are liars, and that my illness was chronic (I used to think I had irritable bowel, for example, maybe I was just so affraid that I didn't want to know the truth). Also I could handle the sympthoms by myself, I thought I could cure myself by doing diet and whatnot. I was stupid, I was negligent, but at the same time it wasn't my fault cause it's the parasite what ironically keeps me locked at home so I'm always too tired to go outside and do whatever, and that includes going to the hospital, not to mention the fact that bare walking near hospitals depress me and my chaotic relations with people.
Sorry for the late response, my family tried to break in, I'm locked here in my room cause I find myself in a void of depression and anguish
>>
>>29029616
I don't believe OP has had it for 10 years. I believe OP had it and decided to blame the last 10 years on it. Most of the percieved improvements are simply due to the placebo effect. The placebo effect is there; if OP thinks the medication works then the placebo effect is there. It's just about determining what is due to the placebo effect and what is in addition to the placebo effect.

This is how it reads
>I'm sure I have carried it for about last 10 years, but never went see a doctor cause many reasons
He never showed any symptoms until just recently.
>Symptoms start getting unbearable
He developed symptoms
>they kind of work, I feel better
They did not work and the parasite was not the cause of the symtoms, it was coincidental.
>Placebo
>Confirmation bias
>Placebo
>get massive diarrhea (I'm pretty sure I'm not lactose intolerant, it's all cause of the parasite and my shit is green)
OP had every reason to believe the parasite was gone. OP interpreted this evidence which obviously points towards that the parasite was never to blame as evidence that the parasite was back. Completely absurd.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.