[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get Fit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: TTVGBTGRTRGF.png (3 KB, 750x383) Image search: [Google]
TTVGBTGRTRGF.png
3 KB, 750x383
I'll stay for some time and answer your questions.

The guide is coming next.

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

As usual, count your calories, and eat accordingly, it's the only way to control the fat in your body, for more or for less.
>>
File: Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png (689 KB, 3664x2552) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png
689 KB, 3664x2552
>>29027112

Guide here. It answers most of what you may want to ask.
>>
File: lose-gain-maintain-weight.png (71 KB, 698x749) Image search: [Google]
lose-gain-maintain-weight.png
71 KB, 698x749
This is how to control your calories, roughly.
>>
Is this pic you? Too big to upload here, sorry
http://i.imgur.com/YEgQjiM.jpg

I bought dumbbells and I'm afraid to go to the gym.. what exercizes can I do to train my entire body? should I do one specific group of muscles every day or should I do full body training?
>>
>>29027339
nevermind im reading the image you posted now and it has a lot of info, thanks

still need to know about full body workouts vs muscle group days tho
>>
who /cripplingalcoholic/ here?
sometimes i can eat like a mouse but i still down thousands of calories a week in alcohol, so no matter how much i lift/do cardio, and how little i eat, i'm still not so slowly killing myself
>>
Don't need to get ripped, just need to increase my upper arm strength since I'm a noodle.
How to do this? Preferably with no equipment, since I only have a few light weights and fuck paying for a gym membership.
>>
>>29027112
>count your calories, and eat accordingly

>eat as much as I want
>eat sweets whenever I want too
>perma-BMI-16

I like my body.
>>
a few questions

>is there any accurate way to calculate how many calories you burn while lifting weights?

and

>i see a lot of times on menus and shit they'll write kcal instead of cal, same thing with the weight loss portion of your chart. when i googled it it said kcal means thousand calories. this can't possibly be right, can it? something like a chicken wrap at a fast food joint being 200kcal would mean 200 thousand calories. Are all calories on labels and shit in kcal and they just dropped the k for brevity? or are the two interchangeable
>>
What if I'm a hungry skellington and want to get fit?
>>
>>29027597
No you fucking highschool dropout. You are not "eating as much as you want". You're eating a set number of calories and probably have no fucking clue what a calorie exactly is. Kill yourself PLEASE everyone fucking hates dumbshits like you
>>
>>29027160
>roughly
men need 2500 calories a day, change that
>>
>>29027603
From http://www.ars.usda.gov/Main/docs.htm?docid=6233

>In the U.S., energy in foods is expressed in kilocalories (kcal). The scientific definition of a kilocalorie is the amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 kilogram of water one degree Celsius from 15 degrees to 16 degrees at one atmosphere. The true calorie, sometimes referred to as a "small calorie," is the amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water one degree Celsius from 15 degrees to 16 degrees at one atmosphere. A kilocalorie is equal to 1000 calories. While the term "calorie" technically applies to the "small calorie," in common usage, such as in reference to food energy, the term "calorie" is actually a kilocalorie. Internationally, most countries express food energy in kilojoules (kJ). One kcal equals 4.184 kJ. The USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference contains values for both kilocalories and kilojoules.
>>
I'm already fit.

I still can't get a girlfriend.

What now?
>>
>>29027636
That image should specifically state it's just meant to explain how burning calories works.

It's very important you look up your own basal metabolic rate.
>>
>>29027496
I would also like this info but some asshat deleted the image :(
>>
>>29027656
Get /fa/
Stop being desperate
Stop being entitled
>>
I'm doing 100 push ups and 100 sit ups per day

Congratulate me
>>
>>29027780
Congratulations.

You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>29027780
kys gayboy
>>
>>29027798
Shut up I'm doing it perfectly I can already feel the abs beneath the fat even though I just started a week ago
>>
Threadly reminder you're a fucking idiot if you aren't using exogenous anabolic and lipolytic compounds.

Dnp and t3 if fat, Mk677, deca, adrol, and tren if skelly. Either way you should supplement with testosterone as the foundation of your supplementation.

Look up beginner cycle, steroids profile, cycle ancillaries, and blast and cruise. Do it right and you should experience only good things with no or minimal side effects. Do it wrong and you fuck your shit up, get nothing good, and could possibly die.

Steroids are a lot more work and require more dedication but the incentive is greater since you see more and better results faster. It also has profound effects on mood and sense of well-being. You can expect to lose about a pound of fat per day on dnp, pure fat, not muscle or water, and you can gain about 40 lbs muscle in your first year of lifting. At babby doses you gain weight about twice as fast as natty, at higher doses the sky is the limit.

Genetics is a meme. Don't let mother nature cuck you.
>>
>>29027651

I notice that capitalizing is used to distinguish as well. Calorie is kcal, but calorie is the small calorie.
>>
>>29027112
Not yet tripfag
But in 3 weeks, after exams, I will start lifting every second day.
Gotta lose weight I gained after I went to college straight from hard physical work.
I may be autistic neet who loves vidya and hate society, but I will never be fat, it is beyond subhuman (except for cooks and first mates)
>>
>>29027339
>I bought dumbbells and I'm afraid to go to the gym.. what exercizes can I do to train my entire body? should I do one specific group of muscles every day or should I do full body training?

>military presses
>pushups

You can start with that for a tiny program. For more, you should get a pullup bar.
>>
File: 1414738070378.jpg (2 MB, 832x2475) Image search: [Google]
1414738070378.jpg
2 MB, 832x2475
>>29027542

Here's for you original.
>>
>>29027578

Pick some arm exercises: military presses, shoulder presses, pushups.

The best exercises are compound ones that are "basic". That's always the best. Read the guide for reps and sets and weight.

If you don't want to spend money on equipment, jugs of water can do the trick too, up to some later point.
>>
>>29027597

You're not eating more than you need, in terms of calories. You'd gain weight if you did.

That said, you may lack nutrients and not know it, but I don't suppose sweets are your only diet.

Nothing to worry about, but don't go around telling fat people your body works differently from theirs, because it doesn't.
>>
>>29027603
>is there any accurate way to calculate how many calories you burn while lifting weights?

Not really, but it doesn't matter: lifting isn't a fat-burning exercise. Lifting increases strength. If your focus is on burning calories, then cardio is the way to go, but even that is less efficient than just eating less every day.

A marathon will make you burn 3 or 4000 calories, that's several hours of running. You can achieve the same in a few days by undereating. Doing cardio will always help, but I feel that cardio and lifting should be done for other goals. Mere weight loss can happen easily enough by cutting the calories.
>>
>>29027603
>i see a lot of times on menus and shit they'll write kcal instead of cal,

Whenever I say calorie, I mean kcalorie, as most people. By convenience, we tend to say calories, but every number we give is really a thousand calories. When I say 2000 cals, I really means 2000 kcals.

It may have to do with Americans deciding that a calorie was a thousand calories.

But yeah, food labels are strict and use the real shit, and everyone else just speaks out of convenience. You got it.
>>
>>29027620
>What if I'm a hungry skellington and want to get fit?

Then you need to eat more and start lifting. That simple.

Check out calorific foods and choose what you prefer, then choke on it.
>>
>>29027636
>men need 2500 calories a day, change that

It's highly variable. I need about 1700kcal a day. 2000kcal is an average.

Most men would get fat on 2500kcal a day, really, but that's what food companies want you to think, also fat people.
>>
>>29027656
>I still can't get a girlfriend.

That's because whenever you approach a girl, you're trying to get her. That means instant rejection because knowing some boy wants to dick you and approaches awkwardly is not hot in any way.

You'll have to be something of a friend before she wants you as more.

Girls need to know they can chill around you.

If they feel that you're desperately going for the poon, they'll be turned off fairly quickly.
>>
>>29027780

Bravo: you're doing cardio.

If that's what you want, good for you. But if what you want is an increase in strength, then you are indeed doing it wrong. Anything upward of 20 reps and you're basically doing cardio, not training strength.

Assuming you meant 100 pushups in one set.
>>
>>29028030

Good attitude. Make sure to control your Calories.
>>
>>29029100
No no I'm doing 20 sit ups or push ups every now and then.
>>
File: 1453659191745.jpg (70 KB, 587x356) Image search: [Google]
1453659191745.jpg
70 KB, 587x356
>>29029395

Wasting your time for the most part.

If you can do 20 pushups in a row, you should lift heavier. At this point, you should do bench presses instead of pushups. Drop situps entirely. Complete waste of time.

You need a real strength program now, if your goal is to get strong and fit and look like a god.
>>
File: food.jpg (138 KB, 1000x883) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
138 KB, 1000x883
calorie counting didn't work for me
this did
I read a lot of research on marksdailyapple and other 'paleo' sites. I find the supposition that evolution based diet is best diet to be fucking bunk, but I notice when I eat sat fats I feel full versus when I eat breads I'm always hungry.
All my shitty health numbers are looking better by the day, I'm exercising, and eating more veggies than I ever have. If I'm full, I don't eat. I workout until I get tired. I'm sure your calorie counting makes perfect sense to you, I thought the same at first but what usually happened was I was just hungry after eating my 700 calorie meals and would end up binging.
From all my research surfing the blogs out the ass the basic conclusion is 'go organic because we don't have data on preservatives for the most part' and I see this replicated in the medical industry where they give you the lowest effective dose because they know that theres a good chance that if they give you more that negative side effects will weight out and positive effects the drug can have, and even then there will still be plenty of complications anyways.
They know that they don't know enough.
>>
>>29029573

That makes no sense. You can do exactly what you've done and still count the damn Calories all the same.

Anyone would be hungry after 700kcal, of course.

No matter what you do, if you lose weight, you're eating less calories than you're burning, whether you count them or not. It doesn't matter what you eat, that's how it works.
>>
>>29029667
Nah, you're clearly ignoring macronutrient contribution. Anyone who took nutrition 101 or watched a few youtube videos knows that the increase in carb intake correlated with the increase of obesity. Especially drinking coke i.e empty calories because your body uses those calories quickly and stores them as fat. If you're active this doesn't matter, hence why gatorade is entirely fucking sugar.
For you to discount this and only focus on calories in calories out you're misleading the majority of people who are overweight.
>>
Gotta go, but here's my email if anybody needs it.

[email protected]
>>
>>29029741
>Nah, you're clearly ignoring macronutrient contribution.

I'm not but this is completely secondary on the grand scheme of things.

>Anyone who took nutrition 101 or watched a few youtube videos knows that the increase in carb intake correlated with the increase of obesity.

Simply because carbs are rather calorific. I can still lose weight on bread by merely eating less calories of it than I need for a day. It won't fill you up as much as the same calories in vegetables, but that's beside the point entirely.

>For you to discount this and only focus on calories in calories out you're misleading the majority of people who are overweight.

Absolutely not. All I say is the truth: calories in, calories out.

Whether it's easier to feel full by eating A or B is absolutely true, and I even write about it in the guide, which you must not have read, but that's completely beside the point.

There's no misleading either. It may be harder to lose weight on eating food that doesn't fill you up, but it's still possible. Either way, it's your choice.

You can't go wrong by undereating by counting your calories correctly. You may go hungry depending on what you choose to eat, but you can't go wrong.

If you can't do that, then eat other foods, but don't go around telling people it's "wrong" to count calories.

Counting calories is the priority. Choosing food that fits your specific needs comes second, and it depends on you, while calories depend on nobody.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.