[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw you are living in the largest labor suplus in history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 534x508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 534x508
>Tfw you are living in the largest labor suplus in history and people are feircly fighting over crumbs.

I bet this is like 90% of the issue for robots
>>
>>29025611
>jus go to college senpai
Seriously annecdotaly every lower-middle class male seems to be floating through some worthless college program they hate and working a part time McJob because that's all that's left in this new economy.
>>
>>29025611
How else am I gonna get my first Gf? I need to get my stem job and get a good 30 year old girl who's mature like me.
>>
Obviously we need more college graduates. Let's have 70% of the high school graduates go to a system designed for the top 10% of academicly inclined students.
>>
File: You vs Them.jpg (1010 KB, 3112x3461) Image search: [Google]
You vs Them.jpg
1010 KB, 3112x3461
>>29025611
of course it is

and your rulers have planned it this way

while you all squabble among yourselves

and 50% of our economy sits in Panamanian accounts

instead of being invested in jobs and infrastructure

while kids drink lead

if you have even the slightest trepidation about rebelling against your overlords, you have been propagandized and classcucked
>>
>>29025746
>tfw no class conscious gf
>>
>>29025746

Jews did this. All of it
>>
>>29025746
If millions of people have it worse than us how the fuck have they not turned into canibalistic savages?
>>
>>29025652
>just go into trades bro

You can't just pick up a wrench and call yourself the HVAC man
>>
>>29025847
There were tons of desperate commercials and ads to apply for the police so I thought I had a chance there. Nope a thousand people for a dozen positions. Is this real life? Another city job and another hundred for one lowly payed position.
>>
>>29025746
Capitalism sucks, but communism would just still be tyranny by the normies. In fact it'd be just as bad since us anti social robots would be shunned from a collectivist society. What we need is a socio-economic system that caters to robots and shuns normies.
>>
File: 1444326850161.png (47 KB, 859x307) Image search: [Google]
1444326850161.png
47 KB, 859x307
>>29025716
no, we need more jobs and the easiest way to create jobs is to begin rebuilding our infrastructure which is in collapse

this will provide thousands of people with work, which will provide them with disposable income, allowing them to spend, creating even more jobs

at present, wealth is pooled in the hands of a minority of the population, who then place it beyond the reach of the government in offshore accounts, rather than being used to raise up the conditions of the majority of the population

>>29025831
nicely memed

the rich must be held accountable irrespective or race or religion, because they are all parasites

there are american, british, jewish, arab and all nationalities of scum who need dealt with
>>
>>29025908
I would think we would cut the shit in problem to such a small fraction if we were to have a somewhat growing economy. Just this week there's a report that now we are at the record of adults living with their parents. In fact young adults living with thier parents now outnumber young adults living with thier significant other
>>
>>29025842
There are still millions of people that are slightly higher on the food chain, and will fight to protect their position from those who have it worse, instead of joining them to fight against the people who *make* it worse. "Disgraced billionaires" isn't just some personal attack, there are people who will genuinely defend the intentions of the super rich and powerful (people they will NEVER be a part of) in their oppression of us all.

It is really sad to see people so enthralled with defending the elite who use them to secure their own power.
>>
>>29025972
Funny because a lot of the lower income whites I met while working in social services were overwhelmingly conservative. Reminded me of pol. Like I would be interviewing the people that right before were posting on pol.
>>
>>29025611
There's no fixing this, not now. At least half the world's population is going to die off in the next 30-40 years.
>>
>>29025611
Its not.

If you want a job you can have one.

There is plenty to go around, and alot for the taking if youre daring enough.

>r9k
>daring

Im at disneyworld why am i posting here
>>
File: 1401822472596.jpg (545 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
1401822472596.jpg
545 KB, 768x512
>>29025972
they defend them because they've been propagandized to perceive them as "job creators" and brilliant beautiful soul geniuses instead of parasites

the only reason they are "job creators" is because they horde wealth and therefore have a monopoly on the power to create jobs
>>
>>29026083
>If you want a job you can have one.

except that is objectively and statistically false you fucking braindead cunt
>>
>>29025611
It's mostly just kikes scamming everyone.

Another shoah will put things in order.
>>
Thought were at full employment?
>>
>>29025935
Not him but i'll tell you jews are not just a religion, they are an ethnicity, they hide in a society and fear being named for what they are.
>>
>>29026180
you quite literally don't know shit about anything
>>
>>29026181
this related to the pic.

Related to the argoument, by chanse a good number of people in wealthy or powerful positions are jewish.

Coincidence?
>>
>>29026189
The U-3 unemployment is at 4.9%.
>>
>>29025611
Don't forget the 80-20 rule and that females receive validation from hundreds Of guys online. How will beta males even compete now that thier main way of attracting a woman through income is being undermined.
>>
>>29025935
>he only just found out about the aristocratic reaction
just wait mass man your days are numbered
>>
>>29025611
Can't hear your whining over my Dre Beats that I bought by working a triple shift. You're a pussy.
>>
>>29026287
>my Dre Beats
you're a nigger
>>
>You guys told me to get a job
>All I got was minimum wage part time
>told me to go get stem degree
>graduated and field is over saturated despite bls saying its growing 17%
>tell me to do trades
>all apprenticeships within a 250 mile radius are filled to the brink and any opening gets hundreds of applicants
What NOW!??!??!!?? FUUUUUUUUCCKKKKKK
>>
>>2902638
>Gets a degree-
But why didn't they get a useful degree like Law? Lawyers will always be making money!

>Goes to Law School
Well they should've seen how the market was going and gotten something practical like STEM! Those programmers are making a killing!

>Gets a Comp-Sci degree
Well they should've known that the field would get replaced by H1B workers! The entire generation should've just skipped college altogether and taken up a trade right after high school. Those plumbers are making bank!

I feel your pain. This place doesn't help either as the very robots here will suggest economically unrealistic options.
>>
File: shopping with daddy.png (1 MB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
shopping with daddy.png
1 MB, 1200x600
>>29026181
i don't give a shit about jews provided they are not among the rich

poor jews are far less inclined to hide their jewishness, you can see them everywhere in traditional dress, which is practically a neon sign indicating "i am jewish", and they are largely insular and conservative

wealthy jews became wealthy because they filled up the banking and mercantile professions during the middle ages when such professions were regarded as disreputable, and those professions then became important to the functioning of the economy with increased global trade

many jewish families became very wealthy very suddenly, like the rothschilds, and their interests became distinct from those of poor jews, who unlike wealthy jews did not conceal their jewish identity because they were not soliciting clients from among wealthy non-jews

>>29026285
classcuck

it may be enjoyable to role-play aristocrat on the internet, but in reality you remain a part of the undifferentiated and comparatively impoverished masses

playing pretend like this in a moment of crisis is psychosis
>>
>>29025611
>For the first time on record, living with parents is now the most common arrangement for people ages 18 to 3 4-- Real Wages, adjusted for inflation, plunged 34 percent for the typical young adult from 2000 to 2014

>34%
God damn. Yet everything seems in order.
>>
>>29025652
people obviously mean go get an advanced degree in something objective. stupid college liberals just take the opportunity to sit in a room and have people tell them how to feel so they can get drunk later
>>
>BUT EVERYONE HAS TO WORK!

>IF I WORK AND YOU SIT ON YOUR ASS ALL DAY THEN I'M NOT FUCKING WORKING!!!

>FUCKING NIGGERS ON WELFARE!

MUH SUBSIDIES!

Good luck controverting this mentality.
>>
>>29025970
I agree, the economy should be re-oriented so we produce useful stuff instead of cheap crap for profit. I don't think there's anything wrong with people staying at home more though, that was the norm before capitalism, even today in Eastern Europe and Asia multi-generational households are normal. Although yeah, being a KHV shut in (like me) is different to the normie experience of living at home.
>>
>>29026661
this is the biggest problem I have with conservatives-

they will fight tooth and nail to defend the rich, and act like working your ass off for minimum wage is a privilege
>>
>>29026703
It's like what pol suddenly turned into
>>
>>29026527
Yeah it's kinda crazy how passive western society is to these changes.
>>
>>29026457
idc if i lose just as long as you lose with me
>>
Haha yeah hitlerino did nothing wrong, right guise?
>>
>>29025611
Just raise the minimum wage
>>
>jobs and employment are back at immediately post-recession levels
JUST
>>
>>29025611
Even in law firms people are shitting themselves over robots taking half of the menial work.
>>
>>29025611
We need another proper war.
Prove me wrong you can't
>>
>>29028969
Broken window fallacy. Also we now have nuclear weapons and unknown nightmare technology locked away in bunkers miles and miles under Earth's surface.
>>
>>29026833
like i said, psychosis
>>
>>29028969
Or plague. The nukes that were built were not for the purposes of just sitting there. We have near-failed states like Pakistan who have 200+
>>
>>29029114
It's called broken glass fallacy. Anything can be a falLacy
>>
>>29029114
The nightmare is now.
>>
>>29029221
True, but it's only going to get worse. If you happen to be feeling depressed and suicidal, I suggest getting it over with in the next 3 or 4 years. There isn't going to be anything worth sticking around for in the next decade.
>>
File: why.jpg (73 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
73 KB, 400x400
>>29029114
>Broken window fallacy

this

we do not need another war because the infrastructure is already collapsing without it

there are already people willing to work and we don't need a war to mobilize them

there is even the technology to create a largely automated industrial sector and increase general living standards using the wealth generated by that automated industrial sector

in fact, that technology is already so advanced that it is responsible for a great deal of unemployment today and anxiety about unemployment in the future

our problem isn't the lack of things that need to be done, there's already plenty that needs to be done

we don't lack the means to achieve them, we are the most technologically well-equipped generation of human beings in history

the only problem is we have a parasitic overclass which doesn't want things to change, because then they lose their power over people, and there is a horde of sycophantic kiss-asses who think their parasitic rulers are brilliant geniuses who produce so much good that they must deserve to spend the annual budget of developing nations on personal luxuries and their braindead children
>>
Cost of living has never been lower and the stock market is wide open giving the burger flippers equal footing with old money billionaires. It's a great time to be alive. Most shit I want doesn't even cost money, I just download it. I currently rent a 1br apartment in midtown for $700/mo, water, lights, and cable included. Cellular is $70, food is $60/wk if I'm feeling gluttonous, $30 if I'm frugal. I'm saving up to buy 5 acres or so 30 minutes outside of the city and build my own house. Land is about 40k to 100k, a badass cottage with top of the line everything will cost about 20k, maybe 1k for an engineer to stamp off on my blueprint and get permits, and lots of beer and pizza I pay my family for helping me build. I plan on retiring around the age of 45. Honestly I'm having a hard time imagining life and better than in the current economic climate. I got an associates degree and am pulling 60k a year. Unemployment is a meme.
>>
>>29029142
if it is psychotic to value the spiritual over the material then i am proudly psychotic
>>
>>29029380
Not to mention, the West has already been in a war since fucking 2001. All it's done is fucked up the Middle East further, screwed over Europe, and made a few greedy assholes at the top richer.
>>
>>29029389
>a badass cottage with top of the line everything will cost about 20k, maybe 1k for an engineer to stamp off on my blueprint and get permits,

Lol, are you buying a mobile cottage? Is this the 1950s? No? Okay then, that cottage is going to probably run you 200k for basics, stick-built.

> Stop being optimistic you stupid fuck.
>>
File: there's only trash here.jpg (171 KB, 499x497) Image search: [Google]
there's only trash here.jpg
171 KB, 499x497
>>29029389
>Cost of living has never been lower
>>
>>29029389
Permits alone cost 2k, an engineer has to lay down foundation which is like 20k. DO you plan on setting up HVAC and other utilities? NO? 10k more.
>>
>>29029537
Penn's face is so soothing, family.
>>
File: uwotm8.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
uwotm8.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
>>29029521
absolutely this

the war industry doesn't produce anything that's of value for the majority of the population, so another war would be the most wasteful and destructive thing imaginable from the point of view of the average person

when people say we need another war, what they're saying is that only a major government initiative can improve the economy, and because our ideology states that the government should only concern itself with the economy when wartime measures are in place, it follows that we need another war

but that's not what we need, what we need is a major initiative for the improvement of the economy and an administration with the courage to pursue such an initiative
>>
File: 1399563901492.jpg (65 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1399563901492.jpg
65 KB, 400x600
>>29029591
Into the trash the world goes.
>>
>>29029535

What's a mobile cottage? It sounds interesting but I imagine too hard to build and fuck with code.

$200k is more than the land costs and could build a huge house, the opposite of comfy cottage. My figures are in USD. Building materials are cheap. 20k is for top of the line everything and fully furnished. The foundation, frame, and exterior could be done for around $2k. Much of the cost is appliances and finishing the interior. You should play around on home depot's website. You get better prices buying in bulk too. If you have any experience you can easily do the whole project yourself all but the rafters. I might document the project and write a book about it to go with the house plans I'll sell. Im not ready to break ground but if you're interested keep an eye out and in the meantime do some research. I plan on making a few different versions as I understand others will have different goals in mind but still want a simple step by step guide and instructions on how to source the trickier stuff like the steam shower and copper apron sink and countertops.
>>
File: spurdo.jpg (46 KB, 437x501) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.jpg
46 KB, 437x501
>>29029795
You are so naive.

original
>>
>>29029562

Permits don't cost that much, a post and pier foundation is not poured and costs a few hundred at most, HVAC and utilities are required for max comfy but don't cost anywhere near that much if you know anything about drafting a good blueprint and picking system components. I'm building in a slightly rural area, and it's a cottage, not a mansion built in Manhattan. Where do you live that it costs you that much?
>>
>>29029795
>plans to build a home up to code by himself

Good luck with that.
>>
>>29029902
Dude, no way you're building that shit for 20k.
I don't care what you say.
>>
>>29029914

The plan is to get an engineer to rubber stamp my plans and get a guy to do the permits. It's a trivial matter as laws are very lax in my area. I've spoken with a few different friends just to get an idea of the process. My family will help with framing and the heavy shit. Doing it all by myself is a little too much. Certainly doable but would cost more and take longer.

>>29029939

My plans could change to become more or less expensive but currently I am going to build it for $20k. I don't care what some dumb fuck kid online who's never held a hammer has to say.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11 KB, 229x221) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11 KB, 229x221
>>29030089

> He actually thinks he can build a cottage from the ground up with top of the line everything for only 20k
>>
>>29025746
This.

Polarized increased on the eve of the internet waking people up to the actual inequality. This isn't capitalism vs communism, nor is it red vs blue politics, it isn't nu left vs nu right, it's simply a collection of powerful men and families who value that dominance above all else and will manipulate through any system we lay down, whether it's communist or capitalist, or any other polarizing classcucking propaganda you've been fed.

We're all being fucked, all of us, for things so cheap. These people even really lack vision, as evident by the lack of creativity to how they use their power.
>>
>>29029639
we don't need a major governmental initiative, either a war or an infrastructure program, because once that injection of spending is finished, we'll be right back where we are now. It's like the opioid epidemic, take morphine to treat chronic pain and pretty soon you'll just have chronic pain and a morphine addiction.

what's going on is that technological progress has so drastically reduced the amount of labor needed for a given (very high) level of output, that there's a large and growing part of the population thats now completely surplus to all requirements. That useless part of the population has always been present, but now its expanded far enough that it's not just hicks and bums and dindus, but now its starting to include Joe Average with his 90 IQ and high school diploma, and he's shocked at the fact that there's nothing the economy needs done that he can do, save the bottom-tier retail stuff that anyone with a pulse can do.

So in a sense we do need a war. Not because of the massive government investment it would entail, but because wars kill off the bottom end of the population.
>>
>>29025611
Finally a ray of truth. These parasites need to be tortured to death en mass, as well as anyone who bronw-noses them or calls them "job-creators". The vast majority of people are insane now a days. They barely seem human, just like brain-washed automatons. It's so infuriating seeing this.
>>
>>29030660
>Not because of the massive government investment it would entail, but because wars kill off the bottom end of the population.

This. They want us all to die. Predatory degenerates. All robots need to realize this.
>>
File: 1464915228134.jpg (306 KB, 1500x1031) Image search: [Google]
1464915228134.jpg
306 KB, 1500x1031
>2016
>thinking you can beat the rich by rebelling instead of developing technology so we can abolish work and therefore classes

not going to make it brahs
>>
>>29030721
half of robots want to die anyway
>>
>>29030767
Get out of here with that libertarian propaganda.
>>
File: 1421272357732.jpg (18 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1421272357732.jpg
18 KB, 285x279
>>29030786
>Marx is libertarian propaganda
>>
>>29030786
well the ideal goal is the elimination of poverty and hardship without either actively killing people or just leaving them to starve, isn't it?

of course, that doesn't seem to be the motivation of a lot of the left, they seem to care more about hurting the rich than helping the poor. or indeed than helping everyone. If nobody has to work, and everyone can have food, shelter, and so on, what does it matter if there are still some people with more? You crowd seem to be bent on cutting off your nose to spite your face.
>>
>>29030922
You have to hurt the rich to help the poor. They are the parasite that sucks everyone's blood. Squash them and destroy their power network or continue to be enslaved.

Stop shilling for the rich.
>>
>>29030979
>You have to hurt the rich to help the poor.
this premise is incorrect. the economy isn't a zero-sum game.
>>
>>29031040
Except it is. There's only so much money and resources to go around.
>>
>>29029389
>cost of living has never been lower

You're an idiot
>>
File: are you retarded tomoko.png (27 KB, 330x243) Image search: [Google]
are you retarded tomoko.png
27 KB, 330x243
>>29031147
Because we never discover more resources. Because we cannot possibly recycle or reuse resources. Because no resources are renewable. Because technology never advances - we can never do things we couldn't do before, or do them more efficiently. Because all of the above, were it to happen, would not increase our total wealth. Nope, everything is fixed, the pie can never be made bigger and any gain for me must inherently come at someone else's expense.
>>
Labor is slavery. Capitalism poses an ultimatum: work or starve. I hope to see the day when we are free from this tyranny.
>>
>>29031217
Yeah I know, some magic technology will come along and save everyone and we'll live in utopia. Everyone will be rich and everything will be fine.
>>
>>29031266
>Capitalism poses an ultimatum: work or starve
isnt that a central tenet of most communist philosophies too? Only it's enforced by the state or the people instead of by indifference.
>>
>>29031336
I'm not entirely a Marxist. I'm advocating for a system with either a UBI or unilaterally provided food, shelter, utilities via state owned means of production with a form of self-governance that guards against tyranny from the government and from business
>>
>>29030089
What are you going to make it out of? cardboard? paper masche? hard work and gumption? you rich fags have no idea how much it would cost to build a house from scratch the foundation alone would cost 10k EASY once labour is included.
>>
>>29025746

how do we change this?

(i'm asking seriously and looking for practical solutions)
>>
>>29031217

What's wrong in the US is that the pie is getting bigger, but the only people getting more pie as a result are the ultrarich. Almost all the new income from the growing economy goes straight into the pockets of the top of the top 1%.

No one cares that the pie is bigger if their own slice gets no bigger and is worth less than it used to be, and no part of that will change unless the rich are constrained from influencing politics disproportionately via lobbyists, are then prevented from enacting the policies that benefit them at the cost of everyone else in America, and are taxed more. The rich do have to be "hurt" for the poor to survive.

But really, it's "hurt" in the sense that society needs to prevent their greedy short-term goals from destroying the long-term good of society in general. Severe income inequality is sure to destroy the nation, it always leads to bad systemic results, and it won't be good for them either. Rich people aren't necessarily wiser than anyone else, and what's important to understand about them is that they accrue wealth for no other reason than accruing wealth. They don't even spend most of what they take in, 85% of it goes offshore and then just sits there doing nothing. Why do they want it? Why don't they retire? Because that number going up is what they find meaning in. They're destroying America for literally no good reason, it's just satisfying their own existential angst in the way Reagan told them to; greed is good, got mine fuck you. They have to be reined in for their own good as much as anyone else's.
>>
>>29031595
Not him but vote for leaders than are willing to stand up to big money and have proven track records as consumer advocates. Bernie is a meme but he's a good guy and will at the very least keep our message visible.
>>
>>29031671
we're just returning to the natural order of things, is all - a few people on top, everyone else below. The only thing you can change is which characteristic the 1% have. It can be money, like under capitalism, knowing the right people and politicking, like the leadership of many communist countries has been, heredity, like in medieval monarchies, or whatever. Often one of these will tend to introduce the others.

The 19th and 20th century and the existence of a middle class was an aberration caused by the destructiveness of its wars and the pace of technological change increasing to a rate never seen before nor likely to be seen hence.
>>
>>29031595
Enjoy the collapse, this system can't go on forever. Feminism doubled the work force, immigration depresses wages, H1B visas and outsourcing depress white collar wages. Debt financed education increases the supply of degree holding workers, again depressing wages. How is it mystery that Trump and Sanders are gaining traction when the system is like this?

Get the best job you can get, get side hustles (like writing romance e-books on amazon or better yet ones that pay in cash), live frugally, save it all, don't get married, don't have kids, get NEET bux if you can, and starve the beast. The Japanese government is freaking out because the birth rate is so low. Every economy needs consumer spending.

The middle class is being fucked to the point where there is no middle class. Let the rich "solve" this problem, it's above my pay grade to even care. I'm just waiting for VR, until then I can drive to Tijuana take care of my urges until then.
>>
>>29032059
>How is it mystery that Trump and Sanders are gaining traction when the system is like this?
what's a mystery is that people don't realize that economic fundamentals are what's made the labor market so weak, and instead they believe snake-oil salesmen who tell you that if we just kick out chinks and spics and rip up trade deals it'll all magically go away. It won't magically go away.
>>
>>29029389
>>29029902
>>29030089
Godspeed anon. Check back in here when you get there!
>>
>>29032100
>spic/chink who doesn't want kicked out detected
>>
>>29032236
Trump provides no inherent value to the middle and lower class. He will waste money building a wall and funding deportation effort instead of providing relief from the tyranny of the wealthy
>>
File: dixon1990_man_page_0098.jpg (1 MB, 2504x3227) Image search: [Google]
dixon1990_man_page_0098.jpg
1 MB, 2504x3227
>>29030979
>parasite that sucks everyone's blood

Pic related, it's america in 200 years
>>
>>29032264
Why do you think deportation will cost a lot?

Just wait till the illegals get busted for any crime, then ship them back to Mexico. You don't have to hunt them down, just wait for them to fuck up.

>building a wall, the largest public works program in ~50 years, will not be good for the economy
kek
>>
>>29032236
okay so we kick them out and close the ports to China. You think that'll help?

Cost of living goes way up because stuff will either be unavailable if it isn't made here, or it'll cost a lot more than chink shit. Employers, facing reduced demand, will be trying their damndest to not hire, anyone who does expand production is going to use automation wherever possible instead of expensive US workers.

you're just gonna cause a recession, and hurt a lot of ordinary workers when the stock market tanks - since thats what pension funds and 401(k)s are made of.
>>
>>29032339
Why would employers face reduced demand? They already have no demand because foreign goods are cheaper.
>>
>>29032365
>Why would employers face reduced demand?
because you're kicking millions of people out of the country. They're predominantly poor and middle-class people, who tend to spend what they earn, instead of saving most of it like the rich do. That's a lot of spending power to take out of an economy that, remember, is 70% consumer spending.

Also tearing up trade deals means that any company that exports would face reduced demand by definition, as other countries put up protectionist barriers against us in retaliation.

promoting economic growth by kicking out immigrants is like losing weight by starving yourself. You just wind up making yourself weaker because the economy, like your body, will react by battening down the hatches.
>>
>>29032564
And by kicking those millions out, you'll open up jobs for millions of actual citizens. Demand won't go anywhere.
>>
>>29032330
The the government actually enforce the immigration laws on the book, and end shit like sanctuary cities, illegal migration will fall. Family members complicit in harboring illegals is a crime, but rarely prosecuted. Actually enforce the laws and illegals will stay away. The elite want illegals to depress wages for all, even Republicans wanted to amnesty illegals for votes, a push which Rubio led. The establishment candidates and the main stream media weren't even talking about illegal immigration before Trump.

The majority of my workplace productivity goes to government and corporate profits. Whatever pittance I keep, when I spend it, more goes to government (sales tax) and a company's profit margin.

While the rich with dynastic wealth sit around all day doing nothing, yet NEETs are vilified?

Fuck the establishment, it's called wage-slavery for a reason.
>>
>>29032637
>Given a fixed availability of employment, the lump of labour position argues that allowing immigration of working age people reduces the availability of work for native born workers ("they are taking our jobs"). This may be refuted by arguing that (1) skilled immigrating workers may bring capabilities that are not available in the native workforce (e.g. banking, academic research), and (2) that immigrating workforces also create additional jobs, thus expanding the economy and creating further jobs directly (e.g. setting up businesses and requiring local services or workforces) or indirectly (e.g. an increased population needs to buy more groceries, therefore increasing demand on shops, therefore requiring additional shop staff).[8]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lump_of_labour_fallacy
>>
>>29032719
Illegal immigrants aren't bankers or scientists. Illegal immigrants aren't starting businesses. How could they? They have no ID, they can't get loans or start bank accounts.

I am fine with legal immigrants. I'm NOT fine with illegal immigrants.
>>
>>29032564
They wages illegals steal will all then go to legals. Wages will increase because the labor supply will shrink. These low tier earners will still spend most of their income. The only things that will decrease is remittances to foreign countries and consequently the trade deficit, productivity will decrease since companies have to pay more for the same aggregate amount of labor, and corporate profits, since that is where the benefit of worker productivity coalesces.

>corporate profits
This is why the elite wants illegals and mass immigration. Depressed wages means higher productivity which leads to higher profits.
>>
>>29032719
>also create additional jobs
Like more police needed and prison guards. Great trade off. Legal immigration is orders of magnitude better than illegal immigration.
>>
>>29025935
Is Liliane Bettencourt single?
>>
>>29032803
>Illegal immigrants aren't bankers or scientists.
Go to any college and look at the graduate program in any STEM field. Tell me how many Indians and Chinese you see there.
>Illegal immigrants aren't starting businesses.
look in the phone book under contractors and landscapers and you'll find dozens of businesses started by (and employing) Mexican immigrants. This should be obvious.

>companies have to pay more for the same aggregate amount of labor
Companies will require less labor if the spending power of all those people gets removed because you kicked them out. That's a lot of people who are no longer buying food or going to stores. The rise in average wages will incentivize employers to tighten their belts and use less labor, like they did in the great recession.

>This is why the elite wants illegals and mass immigration. Depressed wages
wages are depressed for many other reasons, like automation and lack of skills. Kicking out Mexicans doesn't change that.

>>29032921
>>Like more police needed and prison guards.
In the country that already incarcerates millions more people than any other first-world country, and at ruinous expense.

>Legal immigration is orders of magnitude better than illegal immigration.
Hence why we should loosen restrictions on immigration. More people will come here, which will help the economy, and we save taxpayer dollars by not needing those police and prison guards. Everyone wins.
>>
>>29033015
>Go to any college and look at the graduate program in any STEM field. Tell me how many Indians and Chinese you see there.
They're legal immigrants.

>look in the phone book under contractors and landscapers and you'll find dozens of businesses started by (and employing) Mexican immigrants. This should be obvious.
The employers are legal immigrants. Good luck getting licensed as an illegal.

As I've said, I have no problem with legal immigration. I think it probably IS too hard to do. But that doesn't mean the ones who have illegally entered the country should get amnesty.
>>
>>29033015
>asians in colleges are illegal immigrants

I'm pretty sure their papers are in order. Not all asians are illegal immigrants, you racist.
>>
>>29033145
>They're legal immigrants.
As are the H1B holders that people love to rail about
>>
>>29033015
>businesses started by (and employing) Mexican immigrants

How would they register the business?
>>
>>29033358
I didn't say a thing about H1B workers.

I'm not sure they're a good idea either, but I'm certain importing unskilled labor isn't a good idea.
>>
I work in an Amazon warehouse and I would say that the vast majority of my coworkers there are Asian and African immigrants.

I'm told that you get a big monkey chain because immigration chooses to admit the family members of people who are already here for whatever reason. Then you end up with smelly African people displacing American blue collars.

It does seem like a conspiracy.
>>
>>29033432
>How would they register the business?
option a: don't. If you're just mowing lawns or something this is very simple.
option b: flag of convenience. Use the identity of a friend who has papers.
option c: go ahead and register anyway. A lot of localities don't check immigration status for such things.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.