[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't you become a doctor just like mummy always wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Why didn't you become a doctor just like mummy always wanted for you? I'm starting medical school this year, and I basically unlocked infinite good boy points.
>>
>>29024334
I'm stupid and can't even get a levels required to go to university here in bongland.
>>
>>29024334
medical school is too stressful for me, so i did pharmacy.
>>
>>29024334
medicine is full of poor people and minorities
>>
>>29024373
Rich people and whites get sick too.
>>
>>29024334
Can't handle blood or having people's lives depend on me daily.
>>
I was bullied throughout elementary and high school to the point that my brain barely functions anymore. My brain got chemically lobotomized by huge amounts of cortisol due to severe stress. Now I'm struggling to do even the simplest tasks. Fuck my life desu fampai
>>
>>29024457
no youre just stupid.
cortisol increases have been shown to actually increase intelligence, survival and all.
>>
Because during your second year, you'll work in a hospital for a few weeks. You need do do x blood draws, y lumbar punctions, etc. etc.

Since we're all robots here, I'm sure this would apply to all of us: if you're ugly, creepy, etc. NO patient will give their consent for you to take their blood. You wanna know what happens of you DON'T complete all those tasks? You don't get to study any further.

Medicine isn't all about being 'smart' (actually, you just need to grasp all those concepts and remember a lot). You also need to interact well with people and inspire confidence.

Go study biomedicinal sciences and stay the fuck away from anything related to the medical, juridical or business field of biomedicine. Go farma (R&D, etc.) or forensic.

Or you know, be a loser like me, fail, and switch to a three year education. Which means you'll get to kiss all those biomedical scientists (and former 'friends') asses when they get their master's degree.
>>
>>29024419
i meant the profession
>>
>>29024488
>loser
synonymous with moron. You have to have a double digit I.Q to fail.
>>
it's too boring.
I don't want to be a well paid mechanic.
>>
>>29024477
>long-term exposure to cortisol damages cells in the hippocampus;[37] this damage results in impaired learning. Furthermore, it has been shown that cortisol inhibits memory retrieval of already stored information.
>>
>>29024512
It's a figure of speech, but you're not wrong to have an opinion.

In retrospect, uni was so fuckingg easy. Molecular biology and anatomy were the hardest. Replication, transcription, translation, translocation and the repair mechanism in prokaryotes and eukaryotes aren't hard, only a lot of proteins and factors you need tp remember. Anatomy was basically draw each part of the musculo-skeletal system and name everyrhing.

So yeah, while I don't agree with you comparing me to a retard, I do admit I should've just passed that year.
>>
>>29024597
>while I don't agree with you comparing me to a retard
> Molecular biology and anatomy were the hardest
>I don't agree

double digit
>>
>>29024646
Well obviously since I said molecular biology and anatomy were the hardest, it means all the rest were easier.

Secondly, why would you consider that double digit IQ would matter?

I do believe I'm the better man out of us, since I don't resort to an appeal to ridicule. All in all, I find this humerus. (Haha) So, please, continue.
>>
>>29024704
>I do believe I'm the better man
>failed out
double
>>
Enjoy a lifetime of having zero free time ever
>>
I don't find medicine interesting
>>
>>29024722
Not refuting my points. I wrote three paragraphs originally, yet you only responded to the last one.

People who resort to ad hominem attacks won't last very long in uni, ypu know that right?
>>
>committing to a lifetime of wageslavery
You wagecucks crack me up!
>>
>>29024334
>Doing what your parents wanted you to do, instead of what you wanted to do.

You fucking pussy.
>>
>>29024785
I don't have to, I'm already in pharmacy school, Mr. Double.
>>
i don't know why anyone would actually want to be a doctor. that is a fucking disgusting job.
>>
>>29024847
Money and respect
>>
>>29024814
Pharmacy? Are you kidding me? That doesn't even require any talent. I hope you're studying at a good university at least. Cuz in Belgium, that's a shit thing to study. If you were a bio-engineer, I'd back down.

Git out and git gud.
>>
>>29024878
Says Double, who failed out of uni.
>>
people are gross. I don't want to touch their guts and boils. I'll leave that to the plumbers.
>>
>>29024875
what is respect good for ?
>>
>>29024911
Their ego, not mine.
>>
>>29024890
I like that term, Double. Permission to use it?

In all seriousness, I can do an extra year, then switch to a master's. So maybe we'll end up working together! (In R&D, which would mean you are also a loser, or in forensics... which would mean...?)
>>
>>29024963
PS. If not, it would mean that you became a low life apothecary. Hahahaha, have fun.
>>
>>29024990
Thanks Dub
>>
>>29025019
I'm very serious now. I enjoy conversations like this, they keep my feet on the ground and my head away from the clouds. Thing is, I don't get to have them often putside of the internet, dunno why. So thank.
>>
>>29024334
I wanted to, but my dad laughed at me and said I'd be a horrible doctor. I figured that he knew what he was talking about since he's a doctor.
>>
>>29025098
Hey no problem man, I know how it goes. I feel the same way at times. Just kidding about the double stuff anyway.
>>
Because one fuck up means all your time and money spend learning to be a doctor is wasted, and you won't have the skills to do any other job
>>
>>29026779
You are right of course. And when strangers on the internet say things that boil down to work harder and better, I probably should. (And will)

Have a good one.
>>
>>29024334
on my road to become a surgeon.
I get head pats from mummy all the time
>>
Most physicians I talked to suggest I go into nursing since the treatment model is shifting towards phasing doctors out for the most part. It's the same level and amount of schooling but less hours under a preceptor and about 33% less pay. I'm still not sure I made the right choice but I'm saving up money and going for my doctorate soon. I'll still be working with anesthesia so I guess I can't complain too much. Since the pay is lower I'm hoping that means my schedule can be more flexible. I don't mind 50-60 hr weeks but fuck that 80+ shit. Once I get a million or so in mutual funds I'd like to go to part time or even per diem. That's enough to passively draw 40k/yr and live on interest alone. Basically I'd just be working to keep my license and I'd just blow the extra money on stupid shit and charity.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.