[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a philosophy which states that there is a creator of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1458891709504.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458891709504.jpg
247 KB, 1920x1080
Is there a philosophy which states that there is a creator of the universe, but he is not omnipotent, and not all knowing? That he created it and the universe sort of takes his algorithms and does things he would not expect.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 150x150
GIVE ME YOUR SHAKLES BITCH
>>
yes. what you're describing is basically a demiurge, as described by platonism and gnosticism
>>
>>29022884
Deism would be the closest to that, I'd think
>>
>>29022884

Clockmaker, yeah. See
>>29022918
>>29022926
>>
>>29022918
This. Certain new-age religion would also allude to the creator gods making a terrible, terrible mistake in expanding free-will to its current level. The idea was that if people had to work, if this level of existence was less comfy and less connected, then love and wellbeing would be worth so much more and all the beings would quickly realise this and come back to god quickly. However, many simply took the opportunity to explore disconnectedness to its fullest extent, becoming for the first time in creation, "Evil".
>>
>omnipotent and all knowing
I really hate the idea that god has to be those things when in reality he not real
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.