[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robot albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: pinkerton_cover.jpg (138 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
pinkerton_cover.jpg
138 KB, 600x602
>Majority of songs about craving sex and relationships
>Deluxe edition has songs about the invision of a perfect life with someone
>Song about premature ejaculation
>>
Albums targeted at a demographic, either social or emotional, universally, if not inherently, do it at the expense of quality. I've hardly heard an album that people could identify with that wasn't boring. It's not to say that I'm too unique myself to identify with any album -- just that good musicians are too busy actually writing to remember to evoke a feeling.
>>
File: 6283beab.jpg (24 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
6283beab.jpg
24 KB, 658x658
>>29022394
Obligatory
>>29022449
What's wrong with you? They're albums we as a userbase identify with. They're not being targeted at the specific 'lonely male' demographic. Does such a thing even exist? Learn basic marketing.
>>
>>29022504
>Learn basic marketing.
not everybody is an evil psychopath anon
>>
>>29022449
Pinkerton wasn't made for robots, it was Rivers putting everything he had into making a an excellent album, throwing every insecurity and embarrassing thought he has into it.

Christ, in across the sea he talks about a Japanese girl that sent him letters, including such lines as

"They don't make stationery like this where I'm from
So fragile, so refined
So I sniff and I lick your envelope
And fall to little pieces every time
I wonder what clothes you wear to school
I wonder how you decorate your room
I wonder how you touch yourself
And curse myself for being across the sea"

Unfortunately, the Normie music business and public didn't like the album when it came out, panning it hard and causing Rivers to become sad as fuck and insane, leading him to release shitty pop albums afterwards for the next 15 years. And then the Normies all started loving the album years later, and some critics changed their original scores drastically. Fucking Normies ruining a Band that could've achieved so much more than they did.
>>
File: 500full.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
500full.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
Made by a Warhammer shut-in and a suicidal dude
>>
>>29022741
All right, looked this album up.

>across the sea

For a brief moment, 2:40-2:50, something interesting happened, and the vocalist doesn't seem to whine as much as the others, but otherwise, this album seems rather ordinary.

This is what I was listening to when I opened this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVujxltHVvk
>>
>>29022394
Essential depressioncore
>>
>>29022504
Posting to say this album and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3q_0UP6sck are on point.
>>
>>29022837
It's just a strong album the whole way through. Nothing is groundbreaking, its just very catchy, well written with very honest lyrics, combined with distorted down turned guitar work.

But its also largely known as one of the few albums in history that was so utterly hated at first, then ending up highly critically acclaimed and renowned years later, along with the first Pink Floyd album and the Velvet Underground and Nico.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.