[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /gout/ here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: The_gout_james_gillray.jpg (626 KB, 953x706) Image search: [Google]
The_gout_james_gillray.jpg
626 KB, 953x706
literally the worst pain imaginable. it always strucks my right ankle and instep and holy shit, i can't even sleep when the pain kicks in.

lot of us eat shit food and are overweight. c'mon, i can't be only /gout/ here. how do you cope with the pain? how do you reduce the pain?
>>
>>29021782
Cry somewhere else faggot, quit indulging yourself you fat fuck.
>>
>fat
holy shit i'm gonna throw up
>>
>>29021782
did you ever get diagnosed with it?
have you gotten blood tests to confirm?
>>
>>29021997
i had blood tests that said that my purine levels were increased, got the allopurinol prescribed. the gout is usually triggered by eating some purine-rich food (beef, pork or beer) so i tried some of these to trigger it on purpose which actually never happened, even after i drunk 9 beers. it's always like a lightning from the clear sky.
>>
>>29021782
I /gout/ here. Yeah the pain sucks, my doctor just prescribes me indomethicin (aka pain reliever) and I just take that and a metric fuckton of water.

My problem is beer, gout's never been a problem with food. Don't really know if cherry juice helps.

I've only had 2-3 serious attacks, ones where the option of cutting your leg off crosses your mind. All of my attacks have been base of big toes, ankles and knees of both legs.

Lucky for me my favorite brand sells purine-free beer. I just mix in cans of that when I'm drinking and haven't had an attack in quite some time.
>>
>>29022296
i have some indomethacin here too but it doesn't work on me. once i've been stuffing myself with them every day in attempt to relieve from the pain to the point i was literally dizzy and about to throw up. apart from this, no other effects.

i heard some rumours about the cherry juice but it looks like a meme to me, same about strawberries. but herbal anti-gout tea seems to be at least partially effective. it also tastes like shit.

>ones where the option of cutting your leg off crosses your mind
yeah, this

good for you, there's nothing like this in our 3rd world shithole slav country.
>>
>>29021782
Dude I got to 243 at 6'3 and the scale scared me into a low fat no carb diet.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.