[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ I need help, I had an accident which resulted in completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: brushit.gif (1 MB, 274x357) Image search: [Google]
brushit.gif
1 MB, 274x357
/r9k/ I need help, I had an accident which resulted in completely loss of function in my lower body and in my left hand, I have to fucking press caps lock depending on the word when I want to capitalize a letter, my parents though it was a FUCKING BRILLIANT IDEA to have the doctors make me live instead of letting me die.
How can I most painlessly kill myself?

Random gif not related
>>
Join the fucking club mate, seriously. Don't worry though, you get used to it pretty quickly. I've also figured out how to play games with one hand, if you need help with that.
>>
>>29021727
how small is your hand that you can't shift with yor pinky/thumb and type? I thought everyone typed one handed like this
>>
>>29021727
Talk shit on the internet to a former navy seal. I hear they go fucking postal and come to your house and kill you.
>>
Turn on sticky keys, dipshit. Press shift 5x to activate it.
>>
>>29021756

I've mostly been playing Dwarf Fortress, since all you need is a keyboard, doing anything with mouse and keyboard is impossible if you need to use both at the same time, which is a shame, maybe I could learn how to use a controller one handed but it seems difficult to imagine

>>29021758

The keyboard is large, I can reach most keys though
>>
I use two hands to type a use the capslock key to caps letters. I quickly double tap caps between letters. Get over it. You're disabled, boo hoo, An Hero in any way or get over it.
>>
>>29021820
You should look into Crusader Kings 2 if you haven't played it already. That is almost entirely played with a mouse and is amazing.
>>
>>29021727
back when i broke my right hand i got an emulator and played pokemon by mapping all the controls so u could use one hand
>>
>>29021863

Thanks I will look into it

Is it really possible to get used to being a useless shit who isn't able to work and has to be cared for by someone else?
I'm just a burden to my family right now
>>
>>29021820
I ended up buying a Razer Naga and bound WASD to the buttons on the side. Like this:
W to key 2
A to keys 1 and 5
S to keys 3 and 7
D to key 6
Also:
space to middle mouse button
ctrl to mouse5 (button right below middle mouse button)
shift to mouse4 (button below mouse5)

As for controllers, I have my palm on the left joystick and thumb on the right. I also use my thumb to press the main buttons and D-Pad. I use my index finger for the right trigger and shoulder button. Then I have my middle finger and sometimes pinky on the left trigger and shoulder button. Though, you may want to invert this as you are right handed and I am not.
>>
>>29022089

Wow this is great information, thank you a lot, I will look into getting one, I have a dualshock 2 I think controller I sometimes used for playing Dark Souls, I am not certain about it though, I might have to remap some things but I'm really glad you have given me some perspective, I've been feeling down ever since, I'm just lost, I don't know how to imagine my future, I don't know how I can deal with the future, am I stuck playing video games, reading books and posting on chans? My prospects are all almost annihilated, I hope I'm not being melodramatic or something just whining, you have been through this, and you're still here
>>
>>29022223
Yeah. I don't know if I'd really recommend a Naga specifically, but something similar to it for sure. Also, as far as navigating daily life and whatnot, you're probably going to end up using your teeth, face and environment around you a lot more than you used to. You're going to end up figuring out clever and different ways to do pretty much everything. You will begin to see the world in a totally different light.
>>
File: C153vjQ.png (399 KB, 431x413) Image search: [Google]
C153vjQ.png
399 KB, 431x413
>>29021727
Mate are you serious? How fucking pathetic are you. There are keyboards for writing with one hand.
>>
File: 1462137750564.jpg (114 KB, 960x538) Image search: [Google]
1462137750564.jpg
114 KB, 960x538
>>29021727
you ever use your limp hand to jerk off?
>>
>>29022658
Not OP, but I've tried it, just for laffs. Doesn't fucking work at all.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.