[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people believe the world is just? Are they simply naive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
Why do people believe the world is just? Are they simply naive? Why do they believe every person who has suffered deserved it? And that evil people do not go unpunished?
>>
File: 1445378326406.jpg (415 KB, 1750x2500) Image search: [Google]
1445378326406.jpg
415 KB, 1750x2500
>>29018782
>suffered
>deserved
>evil
>naive
>person
>people
>the world
>>
>>29018814
women evolved for etsy, men evolved to be ghostbusters
>>
>>29018782
Good and evil and suffering is subjective.
>>
>>29018782
Successful people are too egotistical to recognize the luck they had. There is no single template for success where you do a certain number of steps. Life isnt an RPG
>>
They were taught it when they were kids.
>>
It's the culture

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis
>>
Oh look, it's another "life is unfair, I wasn't born a Chad, there is nothing I can do to make my life better" thread.
>>
Nobody believes the world is truly just.

But it goes like this:
>be an antisocial fuck
>make no effort to be social
>make no effort to improve oneself physically, mentally, economically, etc
>you get nothing and/are alone

It's simple cause and effect. Has nothing to do with the world being fair or not.
>>
Justice does not happen on its own of course, but aslong as there are people who are willing to uphold some moral standards, it will be somewhere.
Why does it even matter though? I see justice served as a bonus, not a requirement. Life might be unfair, but that does not really mean anything. If there is something you are unhappy about, you should get working, the world is how it is and it is not about what you deserve.
>>
>>29018782
the laws of nature and time aren't broken, it's the laws of man that are broken
>>
>>29019225
>cause and effect

That's the biggest meme of them all.
>>
It isn't that the world is just, it's the (correct) belief that you do have a majority of control over what happens to you if you are born in the first world.

>very little risk of death
>no war
>standardised education and courses provided by the state
>low unemployment
>quality environment

Does everyone get exactly the result of their efforts? No. But trying to figure out who deserves what is pointless. You don't get out what you put in every time but more often than not you hold the ability to change and improve.
>>
>>29019123
Likewise, people who complain about their lack of success usually take things for granted as well, including how lucky they are to even be alive.

The world isn't fair but to me that partly means that the people I usually hear asking for attention to their problems, don't actually have any they need solved. While the ones who do can't access help for one reason or another.
>>
Yeah, there is no free will, so really nothing is anyone's fault, we're all just living out our destiny.
>>
one of reasons humanity got this far is the seeking of justice
i dont think "we" are naive, but "we" do have a need or craving of a just world, it keeps things moving forward
>>
>>29018782
>evil people

No such thing, retard.
>>
File: 1447798541479-1.png (89 KB, 1027x402) Image search: [Google]
1447798541479-1.png
89 KB, 1027x402
>>29018814
u spooked me m80
>>
>>29020119
>alive
>lucky
What
How is this "luck"?
>>
>>29020427
hey man, i just took my first philosophy class too :^)
>>
File: 1463763478266.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1463763478266.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>29019225

You obviously have no idea

> be conceived of rape
> birth is a literal curse upon someone's life
> parents are insane and abuse you
> grow up afraid of humans because every human you ever knew has tried to hurt you our use you for their own pleasure
> grow up feeling less than human because nobody ever treated you as an equal
> ostracized throughout life due to "muh just world", I'm an anxious traumatized wreck but everyone assumes I'm some drug addicted potential rapist neo Nazi when I really just want a friend but have none

Again you have no fucking clue
>>
>>29018782
Then when the beta uprising takes root i don't want to hear any complaints.
>>
>>29019225
>normie claims cause and effect
>won't recognize free will is an illusion and that life is deterministic
>>
>>29020676
Nobody said anything about philosophy. If you follow science, you'd know free will has been disproven.
>>
>>29020762
stay strong mate
>>
File: saved.jpg (455 KB, 2127x1740) Image search: [Google]
saved.jpg
455 KB, 2127x1740
>>29018782
People will believe anything that makes them more comfortable.
>>
>>29022262
why do diamonds have low polygon count
>>
>>29020917
In other words, you were determined by nature to have lower worth, and you got exactly what you deserve as a lower worth individual - to go extinct. Natural selection isn't about making any primate brain feel happiness, happiness is just a tool to get the most adapted genetic stock to thrive.
>>
>>29022769
>Natural selection

Why do so many people view the actual modern world through this lens?
>>
>>29018782
>Why do people believe the world is just?

When good things happen to someone, they want to believe that they deserve it, leading to a view of a just universe.

When bad things happen, they want to believe they don't deserve it, leading to a view of an unjust universe.
>>
>>29020762
If you look at the ground, all you'll see is the dirt.

Try looking up once in a while. :)

#LiveLaughLove
>>
>>29018782
Because it absolves them from the responsibility to right the life's wrongs themselves.

'The world is just, so I no longer have to.'

/thread
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.