[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever reunited with someone after years? Friends or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: recipe-image-legacy-id--459_13.jpg (40 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
recipe-image-legacy-id--459_13.jpg
40 KB, 500x454
Has anyone ever reunited with someone after years? Friends or a family member?

I did it with my old school friend years later. Also I've never known my father, I know where to start to find him and I'm too scared to. I also know I have siblings.
>>
>meet this girl at a party in school
>years later see her coming out of the psychiatrist office I'm walking into
>start talking to her on facebook
>we've been together 5 years
>>
Was raised by my grandparents, but met my mom for the first time when I was 20. It was weird in an intimate way.
>>
>>29016964
It's like nothing's ever changed but they've completely changed.
>>
File: pb.png (1 MB, 870x650) Image search: [Google]
pb.png
1 MB, 870x650
>>29016853
>meet a girl I knew 8 years ago, cute innocent unsocialized chubby girl, kinda qt in a really homely way
>she's gone through with SRS, has a beard now and as far as I know a weiner, calls himself John
it wasn't as weird as it sounds desu he's actually pretty cool now. Total comfy friendly-neckbeard sorta chum.
>>
>Put up for adoption as an infant
>Birth father seeks me out when I turn 21, the age he was when I was born.
>reunion
>He gives me $100 every time he sees me (which is a couple times a year) and more money on birthdays plus a gift. His parents give me money on birthdays too.
>>
>>29016853
Might go say high to dad or my grandmother. Haven't seen him in like 9 years, her in more than 10.

I don't feel the need. It's strange.

Now, supposedly people who I went to school with "are worried about me" or think I died, but fuck 'em all.
If they were so fucking worried they'd come find me. Hypocritical fuckfaces.
>>
>>29016853
Just whenever I'm at the store or something, with friends/classmates I had while in high school.
>>
>>29017362
If they were so worried they would spend a huge amount of their time locating you to get your attention to in return get absolutely nothing of significant value out of it.
>>
If I had another sibling, or even cousin, I would most definitely want to meet them.

If anything it would be interesting to just see what they look like and how they turned out in a different environment.
>>
>>29017297
>tfw mine hasn't tried to seek me out except once but I was too young
>>
>>29017297
Do you forgive him?
>>
>>29017432
I'd want to meet them for fear of meeting them without knowing them and somehow end up fucking them without knowing we're related (like that's gonna happen.)
>>
>>29017432
OP here, I have at least one half sibling, all I know is that they exist and they may be a girl. I'm scared to contact my father in case my mother flips out or in case he doesn't want me.
>>
>>29017468
I'd like to, but no matter how nice he is somewhere in the dark recesses of my heart I will still hold somewhat of a grudge because I truly do not like living and thus him for he had a hand in bringing about my birth into this world.
>>
>When you bump into that Chad or Stacy from school and they act all buddy buddy with you as if they didn't make your life a misery and go full nostalgia on you and talk about how they wish they were back at school again when you dont want anything to do with it.
>>
File: 1360775941512.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1360775941512.gif
957 KB, 500x418
>had a huge crush on a girl through most of school
>we were friends for a long time too
>stopped going to class at all at 17 and then dropped out at 18
>last summer
>25
>take niece to the county fair
>sitting on a bale of hay in the sun to dry off, and listening to a band
>hear someone calling my name
>turn to look
>girl I hadn't seen in 8 years
>leaves her friends to hang around with me for a bit
>we catch up for a bit
>grabs my cell phone and adds herself as a contact
The main thing I took away from that conversation was a lot of people from school thought I was dead because I have no social media presence and nobody thought to ask my family. Seeing her made me pretty happy, though. It was a nice change from being miserable.
>>
File: boing.png (538 KB, 945x540) Image search: [Google]
boing.png
538 KB, 945x540
>>29017707
heh, sorta the same here.
>Girl I crushed on for close to 2 years
>Really good friends with her
>Actually date for all of about 2 months
>too much of a beta and depressed to keep a relationship together
>Break up
>Don't see or hear from her for years
>Last year on my birthday she texts me happy birthday
>wtf.jpg
>We talk and catch up a bit
>She tells me she and others thought I might've killed myself
>Haven't talked to her since
It was nice to talk to her again, but there's no point in stirring up old feels. Just goes to show that normies think EVERYONE is active in social media and if you aren't you are dead.
>>
>>29017800
I was crushing on this girl pretty hard for basically a decade. Did ask her out since last year, though, so we're seeing each other. She looks almost exactly like she did in high school, it's weird.
>>
>>29017707
>>29017800
I had the same thing. They couldn't grasp the concept of me not being on social media. Still, its an odd feeling that people from school wonder what you're up to, even if it's an argument as to whether you're dead or not.
>>
>>29017862
What bugs me is that none of them thought to like ask me. A few knew where I lived, I've got a distinctive last name so looking me up in the phone book could work, shit like that. I guess nobody cared and then they just assumed I died.
>>
>>29017851
That's kinda cute anon. Good luck!
I don't live anywhere near my first love anymore so there's next to no chance of rekindling that.
>>29017862
For me, she totally understood that I wasn't on social media because we were really close she knows I'm not a normie, it just struck me as strange that they thought I was dead or something. I guess my depression was that apparent at the time. It's gotten better since, but hasn't and probably never will go away completely
>>
>>29017906
>I don't live anywhere near my first love anymore so there's next to no chance of rekindling that.
That's a shame. Seems like you never really forget your first love.
>>
Yup.

>make friends in kindergarten
>one sticks with all the way to 4th grade
>we hung out as much as we could
>always harassed him to sleepover
>kinda bullied him
>move to different city
>visit once or twice afterwards
>eventually stop talking
>7 years later
>2012
>mom finds his moms phone number
>we've talked nearly everyday since
>>
>>29017948
No I haven't definitely haven't.
And the fact that she texted me last year makes me think she hasn't forgotten me completely either. But I'm not clinging to some kind of fantasy where we will get back together. It was puppy love.
I just haven't put out an effort since to go and find someone new. I've only just been getting over depression, anxiety etc. I think I might actually give online dating a try. I'm still only 22 not too old yet.
Sorry for the blog posting I'm kind of drunk
>>
>>29017978
What changed about them?
>>
>>29017978
>tfw my best friend from middle school reconnected with my best friend from elementary school online
>Best friend from elementary school called me a fatass and a bunch of shit
>Me and midle school friend were bewildered because I'm not and never was fat, only a little tiny bit overweight in 3rd-4th grade
>we come to the conclusion he wanted to seem cool or some shit and laughed about it
Some old friends just need to be left behind
>>
>>29018101
He's very careful about everything now but he's still just as naive about everything.
>>
I have an uncle who I haven't seen for 16 years. Last time I saw him i was 4. I don't remember why, but I know I saw him. He is never mentioned at family events, he has no idea who my younger brother is, and I have no idea who his children (my cousins) are and what they are up to. He did not attend his mother's (my grandma's) funeral because my dad threatened to kill him. My dad says I am never aloud to talk to him and never tell him anything regarding my dad or the rest of the family.

Do I want to meet him? Yes. Trouble is, I would have no idea what to say to him, what to talk about. If my dad ever found out, I'm sure he'd kill me. There's a lot of unanswered questions that i know I will never get answers to, I suppose they should be left unanswered.

Despite the fact I want to meet him again, as far as i'm concerned, he has made no impact on my life and i've been fine without him. I feel the need for closure though, but I will honor my dad's wishes and never speak to my uncle
>>
OP here, my reunion story is:
>Be Britbong
>Me and my only friend in Primary School end up going to different secondary schools at 11
>No contact at all with him
>Be 17
>Be depressed and in a rut
>He contacts me online
>We get contact info
>He's pretty much the same person which is like this insane fantasy nerd who loves world building and stuff
>Turns out he's gay now.
>Makes sense because he asked to see me weiner once when I was younger.
>He gets me out of the rut
>End up going to the same college as him
>We go to different universities but maintain contact
>Still visit each other on breaks regularly
>He once tried it on with me.

It was such a weird feeling between us when we met again. We talked like no time has passed yet so much had changed. I think both of us reverted to how we were when we were 10, that innocence. He changed in looks but not in personality. He's actually changed quite a bit now, though, in the years I've known him again.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.