[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
filling out job applications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
this shit is infuriating. fuck my life. trying to apply for jobs is one of the most frusturating, tedious things i've ever done.

on an application you have to fill out endless forms, forms forms forms. They want to know absolutely everything about your life: previous jobs, their addresses, the DAY you started and the DAY you ended. And for school they want to know exactly where it was, the days it began/ended, your exact GPA, etc.

It's fucking crazy. I don't remember any of this shit, so I have to go back through all my files to look up all this pointless information.
>>
>>29016794

What jobs you applying for pham
>>
They're testing your autism lvls
>>
>>29016794
write everything down so you dont have to keep going back. the more you do it the easier it gets.
>>
>>29016794
last couple jobs I applied to I left references blank and only listed my last two jobs that I had 10 years ago

still got interviews and even hired, just explain your situation and tell them you have no professional references for burger flipping and you're trying to build work experience and you'd LOVE to start with their company
>>
>every application has a different format so you can't just copy and paste everything
>smug employers tell you they don't owe you a job and if you don't jump through the hoops you definitely won't be getting one
>"only the successful applicant will hear back"
>everyone who tells you to just apply everywhere actually got their job through cronyism or nepotism, or in an economic bubble
>"what makes you think you could do this job?"'and "it's entry level drone work, who the fuck couldn't?" does not suffice as an answer
>HR bimbo interviewing you makes stupid jokes that betray her ignorance, but if you don't laugh she becomes concerned for your "social skills"
>"why do you want to work for [completely generic company]?" and "I just want money" is not acceptable despite being the real answer
>you would clearly do a better job than their current staff yet somehow you are not worth hiring
>>
>>29017106

i fucking hate playing the social game

no, i am not super passionate. i am here to do the job, to make money, so i can eat. do i really need to be more excited than that?

this world is just bizarre to me.
>>
>>29017524
The only way I can understand it is that they want the best possible candidate for the job. A hypothetical, ideal person who is manic about the job with limitless energy and potential but no ambition to leave the menial position or create trouble for the company. They want the perfect drone.

But the fucking joke is on them because they never get the drone! They end up with trained liars who coast through application and interview, then reveal they are in fact lazy and incompetent but at least they're friendly.
>>
>list three references
>list THREE non-work relate dreferences
>liste THREE NON-WORK NON-PROFESIONAL RELATED FERENCES
>TAKE A ONE HUNDRED QUESTION "PERSONALITY" ASSESSMENT QUIZ
>MORE
>FUCKING
>REFERENCES
>FOUR SETS OF FUCKING REFERENCES FOR A FUCKING PICKING JOB
>lol dw I got you in
>"Are human beings wired to bend the rules to their full extent?"
>yes
>miss the job
>the fucking spic who tried to recruit me scolds me for it
>help me
>>
>>29016794
What i learned to is when it asks for exact dates and gpa, just put approximations. These places don't double check your credentials, so just put down anybody you know who you can trust. They just want to see that you worked somewhere and someone at those places can say a good word about you if by chance they get called.

As for the questionnaire, don't put down what your opinions on the matter are, put down the answers they want to here. In reality, you have to be an open, tolerant, social human being.
>>
What do I put for my career aspirations, lads? I have none.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.