[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i dot understand how someone could not have friends. its doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: friends.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
friends.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
i dot understand how someone could not have friends. its doesn't make sense to me. i have several groups that ive bee close with for years. why is it so hard ? all you have to do is just be okay with be vulnerable
>>
> just be okay with be vulnerable

Yeah,
No, fuck that.
>>
>>29014967

This is why OP. Robots are so self centered they think everyone is out to get them.
>>
>just be okay with be vulnerable
Robots have no reason to trust anyone.
>>
>>29015070

See >>29015002

It's like they want to prove my point.
>>
>>29015070
but why not. life is great when you let yourself be vulnerable their are so many possibilities to make connections and memories
>>
>>29014951
>implying this is all it takes to make friends
>>
>>29015002
Sorry for having fucking schizophrenia.
I should just stop being ill and trust everyone, thatll end well, noone has ever had bad intentions.
>>
>>29014951
I don't really try to maintain friendships. I used to have friends, but the relationships have slowly dissolved over the years and I now have none. If someone latched onto me and actively attempted to befriend me, I might go along with it if I liked them, but even then I would probably keep them at a certain distance due to lack of interest and eventually they would move on once they realize that I'm not much interested in reciprocating their friendly behaviour.
>>
>>29015174
To add to this, I will say that friendships have value (for example, I believe it is almost impossible to experience true joy without there being others to experience it with), however not enough for me to be willing to inconvenience myself by pursuing them. Being along puts me at ease, mentally, and so I am content.
>>
>>29015161
no but this needed in order to make friends. you need to be able to make the first move, talk to people and even let your self get hurt. thats vulnerability
>>
Person with no friends for the last few years reporting in.

I used to have friends, until I moved lost touch with them. Then I got sick and had depression, and tried to reconnect to talk to somebody and they didn't really want to be around me anymore if I was going to be depressing and not really happy. And they hadn't heard from me in a year or two so they didn't feel like they had time for me in their new schedule/life.

I would try to get people to hang out with me but I would get stood up or they would cancel half the time. And they always acted like it was an honest mistake, but I didn't trust them anymore.
I started to resent them for not really caring about me and not wanting me to complain about anything without them telling me to "get help" or I'm "over reacting".

So I cut contact with them and stoped putting effort into fixing a shitty friendship and I spend all my time and energy on helping and entertaining myself. And honestly it works for me much better.

Real friends > no friends > shit friends
>>
>>29014951
I didn't have video games as a kid so instead I would manipulate weird loner kids into letting me play at their house. I then ended up being a weird loner kid myself around high school and sat with other weird loner kids. We just sort of tolerated each other's company, some would bully the others to make ourselves feel better, really we were just "friends" until someone better came along.

After high school some of us got girlfriends or just moved out the city without even really saying goodbye or nothing and the few high school kids that I still hung out with were EXTREMELY needy and dependent. At that point I preferred being by myself than with needy menchildren.

I had some friends in college but made absolutely no efforts to stay in touch with them because I thought it was natural just to drift apart since it's all I knew in my teens and childhood.
>>
How unlikeable do you fucks have to be to not be able to walk up to somebody and start talking to them?
>>
>>29015276
yeah man but in all honesty it sounds like you allowed your self to be with others. your not the problem. even if it didn't feel real those were actual relationships
>>

Fuck that.

Every time I tried it ended up biting me in the ass severely.
>>
>>29015398
>it sounds like you allowed your self to be with others

I should reiterate that it was almost always a fucking drag. Even during the best of time with the best of friends, in the back of my mind I always couldn't wait for it to be over so that I could go back home. It always felt more like an obligation or like a trade-off so that I could get something out of it.
>>
File: 1456374397369.jpg (97 KB, 691x960) Image search: [Google]
1456374397369.jpg
97 KB, 691x960
>>29015387
I prefer being alone honestly.

I don't have to worry about letting my friends down for starters.
>>
>>29015387
Because I'm scared of being ignored or rejected so I just kept to myself.
>>
The only friends I've had in recent history were a couple of guys over a game that I play/played. Unfortunately I decided to stop playing this game almost a year ago, and I didn't bother saying bye to them, I just stopped playing. Turns out I underestimated the significance of this, because when I went back on the game recently, they both seemed to be pissed at me for not saying bye. I felt pretty bad about this at first, but I'm over it now.
>>
>>29015002
I'm not paranoid, my fears are real. I wouldn't trust a person like I wouldn't a wild carnivorous animal. I was bred to be a regenerating meat sack for the egos of the strong to feed upon, and I will not be devoured again without running as long and hard as I can.
You psychopaths can eat the air you breathe, because I'm not going to be there.
>>
>>29015002
except they are
Every time i trusted someone they stabbed me in the back
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.