[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix marriage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 1451029439490.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451029439490.png
1 MB, 1280x720
How do we fix marriage?
>>
>>29013251
What's wrong with marriage? First we must know what the problem is (and its source), then we can move on to discussing the solution.
>>
>>29013251
Get one of those "You don't get all my shit" contracts and done
>>
Marriage, as sad to say it as it is, is an outdated instituton. It can't be saved.
>>
>marriage
well, we need to get married first
>>
Remove any and all government involvement in marriage. Marriage first and foremost is a religious institution. Once marriages no longer are held up in a court of law, you remove all problems there are with marriage today, including who should marry and what should happen if people are allowed to divorce.
>>
>>29013251
Destroy all legislation governing state marriage and return it's rightful status as a religious ceremony.

>>29013327
Beat me to it.
>>
>>29013298
>Get one of those "You don't get all my shit" contracts and done
>implying prenups mean anything
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 500x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 500x565
>>29013251
Push for more development of VR so we can 2D marriage?
>>
>>29013327
Preach
oregano original asdlkjflkewoij
>>
>>29013251
end no fault divorce and alimoney if the wife earned decent money
>>
>>29013327
>>29013333
so how do you decide who gets the packers season tickets after a divorce
>>
>>29013251
Take the government out of it. Allow it to be a contract between two people like any other, or not a contract at all.
>>
>>29013251
Outlaw feminism
>>
Send fallen maidens to an island (Eros island) and force them to have a society based on lesbianism.
>>
>>29013525
This hold value as a hentai plot.
>>
>>29013327
wait shit

If I get married in a church under religious means, is there still a bunch of legal bullshit? Like if we divorce x person gets this much stuff. Or is it all moot because it's done under the church?
>>
>>29013563
I'm getting pretty good at drawing and am getting a comp so I can do digital art soon. Maybe I'll make it.
>>
>>29013251
Make divorce illegal.
>>
File: 893420982343.jpg (135 KB, 1247x845) Image search: [Google]
893420982343.jpg
135 KB, 1247x845
Marriage sucks because people suck.

Fix people, then marriage won't suck.

The alternative is Brave New World consumerism. And I think we, more than anybody, can say that that's not all it's cracked up to be.
>>
>>29013251
All women are whores die
>>
>>29013830
I think that's a huge oversimplification.

Institutions are about incentives. Saying marriage fails because people fail is like saying communism fails because the leaders fail/abuse things.

There's deeper stuff to look at. A contract like marriage isn't a serious contract at all if one or both parties can leave it with nor repercussions. Moreover, the way dependency works incentivizes the dependent to divorce the dependee, structurally. That's not something to just ignore.
>>
>>29013608
The latter would happen.

Since Church and State are separate, marriage wouldn't be a legally binding thing, and thus no legal bullshit. It would be as if two roommates are disputing over legal possessions after one moves out.
>>
Hold the Democratic Party criminally responsible for the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. and everything else will fall in line.
>>
Read Confucius. His system is very good. China was once so civilized they completely stopped intellectually developing.
>>
>>29013830
>Fix people
shut the fuck up you pretentious moron
>>
>>29013327
>>29013333
>>29013413
>>29013476
>take the government out of it
So are you guys alright with losing all of the tax breaks and shit that married couples get?
>>
>>29013251
Cheating is now illegal

done
>>
>>29014269
absolutely.

if you want to consider it from a financial perspective, then it's like a contract that guarantees a small tax break at the risk of losing 50% of your past and future assets

No investor would do that.
>>
>>29013251
What game/anime is this?
>>
>>29013251
You don't. Who gives a fuck about other people
>>
>>29014232
Broken person detected
>>
>>29013251
End the universal suffrage state. It's fucking everything and will lead to the balkanization of the West for the Jews, Muslims, and slimy Asians to carve up.

We're going to be fucking colonized. You cunts realize that right? It's already in motion. Get ready for a couple hundred years of Muslims fucking white children in the ass and communists imprisoning waves of dissidents. It's all fucked. It's all over.
>>
EZ:

Completely abolish:
* Child support
* Alimony

The woman will be responsible for keeping the man happily married else she is destitute and fucked.

This is how it worked in the old days before the litigation obsessed 80's
>>
>>29013460

Who bought them?
>>
Remove the government from it entirely.
Demand virginity in your wives.
Don't be a cuck.
>>
Remove affirmative action , fix the divorce system , and no welfare for women.
>>
>>29014124
>so civilized they completely stopped intellectually developing
[Citation needed]
>>
>>29015618
debt card from a joint checking account
>>
File: Fuck you faggot.jpg (129 KB, 361x500) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you faggot.jpg
129 KB, 361x500
>>29013444
This. The main reason that divorce is so devestating, and why men are running away in droves, is because if your cunt of a wife is responsible for it by cheating on you or some shit she still gets everything. Purposefully compromising the marriage by cheating and the like should make it so that it's impossible for the cheater to get anything. Also alimony is mainly for women who were housewives who would starve if they were kicked out. If they make decent money then there's no honest reason for them to receive dick for shit from you . Also in mutual divorce everything should start 50/50% and negotiate from there, such as child custody.
>>
>Make divorce illegal except under extreme circumstances such as proof of physical/sexual abuse.(This would solve like 99% of the current issues.)
>Make adultery punishable by death.(Have to do this if you do the above.)
>Require dating at least 2 years before a legal engagement.

Or the easy way
>>29013327
>>
>>29016678

Who used the debt card?
>>
>Get rid of no fault divorce
>Get rid of alimony completely unless one of the spouses is physically unable to work.
>50/50 child custody unless one is undeniable an abuser and require proof beyond a person's word.
>Mandatory DNA testing for fathers before signing birth certificate.(Some states already do this.)
>Mandatory prenups set up before the marriage to decide how assets will be split in case of divorce.
>>
>>29013384
Then she'll divorce you for all your stuff.
>>
File: 1452733866683.jpg (415 KB, 1280x1794) Image search: [Google]
1452733866683.jpg
415 KB, 1280x1794
>>29013251
how do we fix our social values is the better question op.
you won't fix marriage till you fix that.

also you need to marry someone you can be your most fucked up self with, someone who knows you inside out, that plus men need to start being men again, by that I mean is up to the man to keep his woman in line, to keep his woman constantly falling in love with him, to keep her happy.

it is hard concept to grasp, but we need to make men great again.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.