[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is eating 3 meals a day just a meme created by the bourgeoisie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: meme.jpg (59 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
59 KB, 450x300
Is eating 3 meals a day just a meme created by the bourgeoisie so us proletariats would give them money? For about a month now I've only ate 1-2 meals a day (usually just one) with some snacks mixed in. I'm saving a bunch of money, losing weight and I feel fine. Is there something I'm missing? Do you guys normally eat 3 wholesome meals in a day?
>>
I eat one big meal a day for years and I'm fine.
>>
>>29012679
I think its because historically everyone was active all day. The times when I've had to do manual labor all day, I can't go more a few hours without eating, but when I sit at home doing nothing, i might eat one thing.
>>
File: oh pepe.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
oh pepe.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>29012679
does that mean that anemia is also a meme?
>>
>>29012729
pretty much everything is a meme
>>
>>29012729
the very ground you walk on is a meme friendo, even the air you breathe
>>
File: kms.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
kms.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>>29012755
>>29012783
so my very life is a meme? that explains everything
>>
>>29012729
So let's say I'm sitting at home all day doing nothing, for that day how low of a calorie intake would be unhealthy?
>>
>>29012836
idk how to answer that, but i had anemia when i was younger and i'm pretty sure it was because of iron deficiency
>>
>>29012679
3 meals a day is only necessary if you do work that requires a lot of calories

2 meals is okay nowadays since the average person isn't doing menial labor
>>
I eat pasta with salt and oil (no sauce) at 7am, then i can go to university and eat nothing, or some fruit, until 6pm. For dinner i eat meat or pasta with a sauce, or i order pizza or chinese. I save a lot of money, don't waste one hour at lunchtime in a busy restourant and havesome free time to read a book or go jogging
>>
>>29012817
that might be true, but you can enjoy memes right? and isnt the whole point of life to enjoy it? that means as long as you can enjoy life and do what you want it doesnt even matter if its a meme. chin up, friendo
>>
File: disappoint.png (136 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.png
136 KB, 306x306
>>29012929
what if it's a bad meme?
>>
>>29012836
If you're an adult male you burn around 2000 calories everyday just by existing
>>
>>29012942
Power through the bad memes like you would on your favorite vietcong pencil sharpener devotee forums.
>>
And im sitting here, having problems to gain weight with 3 meals and a lot of snacks.
>>
>>29012959
Not.
True.

If you are a male with a sedentary shut-in lifestyle you could actually need around as little as 1500kcal, don't meme yourself into becoming fat.
>>
>>29012942
then that means you need a change of lifestyle, it's like someone needing to make the switch from reddit to 4chan for better memes. put yourself in a place where you can enjoy life.
>>
>>29012979
Either you exercise a lot or your organism doesn't absorb nutrients that it recognizes are shit for you, try to eat healthy and calorie packed meals instead of junk food (like you are probably trying to because it's the one food that's famous for causing weight gain).

Weight gain/loss is fairly straightforward:
Eat more kcals than you spend = gaining weight
Eating less kcals than you spend = losing weight.

Of course there are other factors to it, but that's the gist of it.
>>
File: smilepepe.gif (45 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
smilepepe.gif
45 KB, 499x499
>>29013012
i know that very well since i came here for the dank fresh memes that reddit lacks
>>
>>29012679

I seriously have subsisted off a one-meal-a-day strategy for over three years now.
>>
>>29012679

It all depends on what you eat, and how much you eat. I suspect glucose control is better in the long run with multiple smaller meals. I tend towards very light breakfasts (2 eggs + coffee at the most), 2 very light meals/snack breaks for the day meals, then a normal sized meal for dinner, usually early in the evening. 3 square meals has more to do with industrialization. Traditional western farmers tend to have one massive breakfast to account for hard labor in the morning hours, with more modest lunches and dinners, with the exception of Sundays.
>>
Speaking as a NEET I only eat like 500-1000 calories a day, don't feel worse off for it but I am losing weight pretty rapidly (too depressed to eat). If I cared enough to maintain my weight is likely have 1500 calories a day, which is around two decent sized meals for me.
>>
>>29012679
> Is eating 3 meals a day just a meme

Yes.
Every people has different needs about food, sleep and so on.
I never slept more than 7 hours (listening to my parents, I stopped sleeping in the afternoon when I was 4 months and I NEVER remember sleeping during daylight hours in my life), now I'm on 4 hours/night in the last 5-6 years and I'm fine.
Well, not really, I'm a robot and I have a shitty life, but no health issues.
>>
>>29012679
are you an average weight? are you starving yourself? are you always hungry? then you aren't eating wrong.

that being said, i tend to overeat. i usually have three solid meals a day, plus snacks and beer. i'm a complete fatass, though
>>
>>29012679
Sure, if you're a NEET who is barely even awake for 10 hours a day, you dont need much food.

If you work you will need lunch and dinner or you will be hungry and tired as fuck. I have at least a piece of toast for breakfast cuz it's a long time for 7 until noon.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.