[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>film contains symbolism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: 1452283867687.png (299 KB, 414x326) Image search: [Google]
1452283867687.png
299 KB, 414x326
>film contains symbolism
>>
Oh no, having to think when you're watching a movie must be really difficult for you. You must hate subtitles too.
>>
>People actually believe symbolism is intellectual

It's the same argument with 3 layers of stupid bullshit.

Yes, when the main character stepped on that budding rose I truly understood that it was wrong for society to shame deflowered girls, so deep muh smurts. Can't wait to talk about it in english class :^J god Im smart

Meanwhile, all these symbolism freaks have never read a book outside of a highschool recommended reading list. You know, the kinds of people who have the great gatsby as their favorite book of all time.

Fuck it.
>>
File: 1410923715095.jpg (25 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
1410923715095.jpg
25 KB, 400x283
>i like bland movies that are to the point

bet you enjoy bread by itself and vanilla icecream with no toppings

>>29011060
So do you hate symbolic movies or people who perpetuate that exaggerate symbolism?
>>
>>29011087
The Hunt was to the point did you have a problem with it?
>>
Movies are a visual medium, anon. They can't explain things in detail the way a book can, instead movies have to show you everything. Symbolism is just part and parcel of the medium, nothing more nothing less
>>
>>29011087

The latter. Obviously there's nothing wrong with symbolism, I just hate when it's used as a substitute for depth.
>>
>>29010937
>there are bad examples of symbolism so i'm going to unequivocally hate symbolism now
>>
>people watching arthouse films and pretending film is an appropriate platform for anything intellectual
>not realizing film is a for of entertainment

Just read a book if you want art ffs
>>
there is li terally nothing wrong with symbolism
>>
>>29010937
>film doesn't
>>
File: Pepe_Wojak_Execution.jpg (28 KB, 380x250) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_Wojak_Execution.jpg
28 KB, 380x250
>Movie ends by cutting to black before protag or antag make a huge decision
>>
File: dream.png (741 KB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
dream.png
741 KB, 1280x528
>>29010937
>film has a dream sequence
>>
>>29011179
>art can only exist in book form
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.