[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw my superior intellect makes it hard for me to interact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 1448462811274.jpg (85 KB, 417x597) Image search: [Google]
1448462811274.jpg
85 KB, 417x597
>tfw my superior intellect makes it hard for me to interact with normies because their shallowness bores me
>tfw my high IQ means I'm doomed to live a life of anhedonia and depression
>tfw my intelligence allows me to see the meaningless of life and the futility of all actions
>tfw nihilism and apathy are the only logical consequence
>>
>>29009001

>It's "I'm so intelligent, you don't understand my smartness thread"
>>
>>29009083
I do believe this is bait gentlesir
But I am a man of extraordinary intellect so I can imagine how it would be difficult to differentiate between genuine posts and bait
>>
This is a natural result of materialism.

It is undeniable that only one or two people in a hundred are capable of holding a real conversation without resorting to talking about what happened on game of thrones
>>
you do realize there are clubs for high iq people to meet, or did your genius brain not realize that?
>>
>>29009001
I have an IQ of 130 according to a legitimate, government issued IQ test and I get along just fine with normies. I live a normie life with the exception of severely limiting my social interaction outside of times when I have to be around other people.

Don't blame your autism on your high IQ. It's the other way around. You can be socially competent and also be intelligent. They're not mutually exclusive.

Nihilism is an objective reality but I choose to live my life subjectively.
>>
>>29009001
this is why narcissists are so depressed. They convince themselves they are superior to everyone else and comprehend why everything isn't going their way
>>
>>29009001
>meaningless of life
>nihilism
>apathy
good luck with your freshman year. bb!
>>
I could only see this being a problem if you are actively discussing patterns or mirror images of something. Most people I talk to who would seem to have a high IQ have the most rudimentary taste in movies, music, games, politics, thing that people actually like to talk about.
>>
File: 1422179836451.gif (368 KB, 491x353) Image search: [Google]
1422179836451.gif
368 KB, 491x353
>>29009001
I too went through this same mental crisis for a while, but managed to escape it's bonds mostly through neuroticism.

I forge my own reality to live in, so I needn't worry about the futility of it all. I get along through "religious" beliefs along the lines of a grand universal machines. Everything has it's place and everyplace has it's component which plays it's part in the grand machina. While I'm unsure about everyone else, I'm perfectly comfortable being just another cog.

Building things upholds my emotional functions, and I don't really feel depressed anymore, just anxious. Medication helps.

So I just take solace in knowing I have my own purpose, and that purpose is just being myself. So I construct, I destroy, I modify, I scheme, and everything works out the way I want most of the time. While I'm not self-centered enough to have any nihilistic & narcissistic points of view, I'm sure I might eventually slip into a few of those thoughts someday, as I don't exactly plan on dying anytime this century, should I play my part well enough in biomedical engineering.
>>
>>29010518
>"religious" beliefs
I wish I was unintelligent enough to fall for such memes. But my high IQ doesn't allow it.
>>
>>29009001
wewlad most people don't have time for that existential bullshit, they are too busy fucking and working and raising a family

it's only autists who go there

i'm only nihilist because i failed at life

nobody has a great life, money, women, job, looks, then suddenly decides "this is all wrong, i must become nihilist"
>>
File: ghost in the machine.gif (15 KB, 540x420) Image search: [Google]
ghost in the machine.gif
15 KB, 540x420
>>29010585
>But my high IQ doesn't allow it.
You mean your morbid narcissism & depression.

It's ok, one day you might learn to stop hating yourself and figure out reality isn't based around you.

The Grand Machina doesn't need to wait for you to realize. Your ignorance already plays it's part and you're already a cog in it's design.
>>
>tfw IQ top 95% and not autistic
>highest SAT score in the state and still have multiple real-life friends and relationships
feels good man
>>
>>29010696
And you are here because..?
>>
>>29009001

Sounds like you're actually really stupid but think very highly of yourself.
>>
>>29010596
>"nobody has a great life, money, women, job, looks, then suddenly decides "this is all wrong, i must become nihilist""

Thats because they've never taken the time to introspect to the degree that realize how meaningless all of that is in the grand scheme of things. There adherence to normalcy is based on a degree of ignorance.

I was a well-adjusted normie, attuned to the urgency and pulls of normal society and socialization. I got a traumatic brain injury and it caused me to retreat into reclusion for awhile. During this time i introspected alot, realized the superficiality and fakeness of a lot of the life i lived, and withdrew further. I lost my percpetion of the very sublte social cues and operations that allow one to be a successful normie (social and career wise) but im not stressed anymore.

I realize the only thing worth investing in is yourself and your understanding. Once you gain a certain level of understanding of the world morals, emotions, and other things are still felt within you but you can override them based on logic and cause and effect.

I don't do things based on morality anymore. I only look at consequences

Nobody who is intelligent is perpetually happy
>>
>>29010752
Because this stupid fucking website fucked up my sense of humor so badly that autism on 4chin is the only shit that I don't have to pretend to laugh at
>>
>>29009001
My interests are stereotipically intellectual but nobody believes me when I say that's what I really like. I enjoy classical music, reading and discussing philosophy (real stuff of all kinds, not just /pol/ brand neo-reactionary crap) and history. I love long reads about all sorts about both scientific and cultural topics and I'm specially fond of occult texts even if I can't really understand them most of the times.

Unfortunately if I ever try to talk about any of that with anyone I just get labeled a fedora-tipping faggot.
>>
>>29011114
Then you should associate more with older people if you genuinely do enjoy those topics
>>
>>29011176
I try to but believe me, that "older people are desperate for company" thing is a fucking meme. They usually have too much going on in their lives to have much time to talk more than casually.
>>
>>29011114
You sound pseudo-intellectual as fuck. But let's see. Propose a topic of discussion.
>>
never quite related well to peers my age. never. I'm started to think that the problem is rooted more in how I fundamentally am than how my parents raised or didn't raise me. my brother, while a fuck up in a few regards, turned out quite well. But I'm probably destined to be "that uncle" or "that guy" who everyone shies away from. I see it now with how my parents treat me in relation to how my peers do. I can feign being normal, but only for so wrong. That doesn't feel right. I still can't decide whether the problem is other people or just me; the way I see things now it's the former.
>>
>>29009001
if you were truly intelligent you would have realized the actual word "intelligent" is a man made word to describe a fucking slave to society. in reality you're just a stupid hairless ape.
>>
File: 1464867336756.jpg (19 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1464867336756.jpg
19 KB, 300x400
>>29010518
Good to see a fellow erudite on 4chan!
>>
>>29009249

This. Social intelligence is just as, if not more, important than IQ. Pretentious omega males with edgelord nihilist delusions often mistake themselves for superior people when the truth is they're ever so slightly skewed to have a minutely higher level of intelligence which is almost always tempered by abject social retardation.
>>
If you think you're smarter than most people, you haven't met enough people.
>>
File: image.jpg (520 KB, 1200x808) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
520 KB, 1200x808
DESU, I'd rather be rich and retarded.

Sue me, edgelords.
>>
>>29012849
what did you just say about my hair punk?
>>
>>29009001
>being smart
>not spending your time learning and enjoying the isolation endowed by a mind that doesn't require superfluous social stimulation
I'm afraid you're doing it wrong, m8. We, the League of Beastmode Humans, will be waiting should you ever rise to the occasion of actually proving your intelligence.
>>
>>29012964
>I've been told I'm overly reserved and quiet
>constantly mocked and ostracized for being shy and inhibited
>never get enough sleep--ever
>always anxious about the relatively minuscule things in my life
>speak with a terrible lisp, compensate by purposely speaking in a monotone, slow and deep fashion
>have used the "smart but lazy" excuse multiple times
>hide from everyone like a schizoid
>scared of going outside and interacting with people
>high test scores
>pretty dope at math when the workload isn't to heavy

How 'tistic am I, b0ss?
>>
>>29010518
>needn't
you aren't smart just autistic
>>
File: wojakstew.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
wojakstew.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
>>29010518
Your issue is that there is nothing unique about you (I'm basing this assertion on what you've posted) therefore you are incapable of latching onto an identity other than that of "the intellectual". Forget neuroticism because it is just lazy development. Work on finding hobbies and you'll find that your intellect becomes more focused on things that matter to you. You'll stop being anxious because you'll start digging into a life more focused around things you love. As you naturally seek out people and activities you are interested in you will develop new relationships and live in new exciting ways. This will help your depression. If all else fails, start lifting.

You're welcome. That will be $10,000,000.

This is also original.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.