[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's my eighteenth birthday and my sister just went into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
It's my eighteenth birthday and my sister just went into foster care.

We don't live together, we used to. We both grew up in and out of the system. Finally we got adopted but then that house went to shit too. I lived with a friend (and I still am living with a friend) and she moved in with our adoptive mother's sister.

Our biological father (who often posts here) has been scaring them online recently. Harassing, fucking with them. The adoptive mom's sister who my sister lives with using this as an excuse to turn her over to foster care. She's now living in a foster home with a lady we used to live with, it's a lady who farms kids for their foster care checks. There's like 25 dogs in the house, she has to share a room with other kids, and that foster parent's last child was literally shot in the face and killed two months ago.

I'm making this thread not only to vent, but to ask for advice. I know what I have to do, I have to get a car, a job and a place. I have to win custody of her. She's the only family I have and I owe her that.

I need several things:
>place to stay
>stable job
>car
>good fund in case shit goes wrong

I'd basically be a parent. I just turned 18. She's 14. Where do I go from here?
>>
>>29008564
Your dad posts on 4chan? Also, wtf why don't mods ban underage
>>
>>29008564
Sounds like you pretty much already know what you need to do.
14 isn't that young either. I'm sure she's mature enough to understand yours and her situation and past by now. If things work out and you win custody of her she needs to at least finish high school and maybe get a part time job while going to school to help you out.
Just be a good brother and help her out with things and help support her in the future.
>>
Get a full time job, and another room mate if that's an option. Have your sister get a part time job since she's in school. Your combined income should be enough to rent an apartment and all that.

Also talk to a social worker about what government assistance you may qualify for.
>>
>>29008637
Because I lied to them. Now I'm in the clear though.

It's complicated and ridiculous I know.

>>29008655
I hate to be the type of person I always rag on, but is there government assistance for things like this? I really don't want to mooch but I feel like we'll need it.

>>29008688
I'd have to get another roommate after the fact, if I got one before she moved in they'd give me shit about it. But yes, I have a friend in mind that just graduated with me. I trust him with her, but I'd have to slaughter everyone if something went down.
>>
I believe there's a subreddit for this kind of advice
>>
>>29008818
I'm allergic to rebbit, you guys drain NEETbux so I thought someone would know about what to do
>>
>>29008754
It depends on your situation and your state. Like the other anon said just take a trip to your local government office and ask what you qualify for.
Basic things like food stamps maybe get on the housing list maybe medical.
>>
>>29008818
I've always avoided reddit to be honest, I'm not very familiar with it or how it works.

Maybe I'll give it a try after 10 years on 4chan and see how it is. Since you recommended it. ;)
>>
>>29008934
It's a great site friend, the upvote system serves to ensure that only quality posts get filtered to the top :)
>>
Get a job ASAP
Something full time, go to an agency or try for a manager position or something. If you give a sob story about why you are interested in that job they might consider you over others.
>>
>>29009094
Shit, I don't even have a car.

I'll do it. I'm well versed and persuasive, I'm sure I can get a good job somewhere local.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.