[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /r9k/ think about this album? I'm very curious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1464876407169.jpg (31 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1464876407169.jpg
31 KB, 384x384
What does /r9k/ think about this album? I'm very curious to know how robots feel about it.
>>
>>29005480
I love it, unironically, ironically, pre-ironically and post-ironically. I especially like Communist Daughter and Holland 1945, but my personal favourite is the song In the Aeroplane over the Sea. All in all, it's a perfect album.
>>
I really like the album, infact the title song is in my top 5 songs of all time. However I like the memes that cane from the album more than I liked the album itself.
>>
>>29005480
It's pretty good. But most people probably hate it or don't understand the appeal, especially here on this autismboard.
>>
>>29005480
I absolutely love two headed boy. Other songs are good too but not as good. Also he have great voice.
>>
>>29005480
Best one coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LULmbLlPvVk
>>
fucking masterpiece
>>
File: 1462279596986.gif (872 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1462279596986.gif
872 KB, 500x492
>>29005480
Reminds me of Junior year when I had loner friends to hang out and listen to music with.

I bet some of them are on here right now
>>
>>29005480
Spectacular album. Actually just listened to it for the first time a couple months ago and I haven't fallen as in love with an album like I have with this one in forever.

Can anyone clarify to me why it's such a fucking meme?
>>
It's great, /mu/ has memed it to death, but it wouldn't have gotten that attention if it wasn't good.
>>
desu i think the singer has a weak voice
>>
Its one of those albums thats alright, but its nothing new or revolutionary. Everything it does has been done a million times, better.
Its just that people on 4chan are so stuck on looking at music from certain parts of the world and dont realise that theres a world of amazing music out there that they will never ever have the chance to hear. Partially because it is impossible to listen to all the stuff out in the world, but mostly because they are too stuck with these "classics".
Like I said, not a bad one, but I cant help but to feel that its overrated as fuck.
>>
>>29005480
meme album for edgy hipsters
>>
File: 1444274312987.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1444274312987.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29005480
It's the only album I've ever loved.
>>
>>29007580
I think that's part of the appeal.
>>
Is it Rush? No it's not Rush. Garbage, throw it away
>>
>>29005480
I don't know what the fuck that album is or who released it and I think the only reason it's popular now is for pretentious people to say they know who it is
>>
File: hehehehehhe.jpg (43 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
hehehehehhe.jpg
43 KB, 600x400
>>29005480
album has some decent songs but these songs are much better imo

https://youtu.be/FAzygLgEPo4

https://youtu.be/o4nbfiof-5A
>>
Memes aside, it's pretty great. Easy 8/10. Interesting lyrics, interesting instrumentation, interesting vocal delivery.

Avery Island is good too, it's got some great tracks but it doesn't flow together as well as ITAOTS
>>
I listened to it a lot in 2011 when I had recently finished going through a 3 year period of too much cannabis and LSD and I listened to a lot of that type of music. Every few months I give it a listen to on a long car ride. I think it's a pretty good album, I never go into their earlier stuff because it was too low fi to listen to.
>>
So robots love ITAOTS

I can never post about it on /mu/ or they'll say it's an old meme, so this is nice
>>
Never heard about it until it became a meme.
Not a huge fan but i like it, reminds me of the eels
>>
>>29007506
Because it's really good. That's literally it for how it became a meme.
>>
I almost always listen to electronic albums but this record right here is phenomenal. Gives me so much feels.
>>
It's amazing and I love it.
>>
>>29005480
Idk somehow nobody has mentioned what the fuck it's called in this entire thread NOT ONE FUCKING PERSON and the name of the album or artist isn't in the image so I can't really tell you what I think of it because I DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IT IS SO I CANT LISTEN TO IT FUCK ALL OF YOU JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>29008107
Jesus contain your autism

Neutral Milk Hotel: In the Aeroplane over the Sea
>>
>>29008107
Neutral milk hotel - aeroplane over the sea
>>
>>29005480
2 headed boy brings the feels hard.

>tfw she will never feed me tomatoes and radio wires
>>
>>29008107
If you don't know what the album is no one was looking for your opinion of it.
>>
Nothing new.
I'd rather listen drone doom than that boring piece of hipster trash.
>>
Here is the obligatory
>I LOVE YOUUU JESUSSSSSS CHRHIIISSSSSSTT
>>
>>29008470
Ah, fuck off you elitist prick. I'll listen to it, and form an opinion.
>>
THE ONLY GRILLLL I EVRRRRR LLLLLLLLOVVVVVVVVVVVVVED
>>
>>29008789
you could reverse image search, but it's Neutral Milk Hotel, in the aeroplane over the sea
>>
>>29006407
>most people probably hate it or don't understand the appeal

not true, by the way
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.