[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>What are your career goals? Musician. >Oh... what are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1391414069818.jpg (131 KB, 474x480) Image search: [Google]
1391414069818.jpg
131 KB, 474x480
>What are your career goals?
Musician.
>Oh... what are your back ups?
Welfare.

Seriously, why am I always asked what my backups are? If it doesn't work out, I'll look into something else. In the meantime, however, I'll put all of my focus into getting better.

Anyway, what are your career goals?
>>
Only normies have career goals.

As a teenager I wanted to be a physicist but once I turned 15 or so I just couldn't be bothered with education.

Then I dropped out at 16 and ever since then I've been living the NEET life

I'll never get an /academic/ gf and I'll never be able to flaunt my intelligence to normies

Sorry about the blog lad good luck with the music stuff
>>
My career goal was to get a computer science degree and get a mindless office job, fit for a robot.

Only today I fucked up an exam and at my university you have to pass every module so I can't even make it into the second year.

At least suicide is always an option.
>>
I don't have one. I'm studying computer science at uni, but I'm not enjoying it so I don't consider a career in a CS field a goal. I'm only continuing because I guess being a well paid wageslave is better than being a minimum wage wageslave.

I want to find something I like that I could pursue as a career, even if it is unlikely to pan out, but I just don't like anything enough to devote my life to it.
>>
>>29003468
Don't do what you love. Love what you do. Guess what. There are people who are going to understand computers right away. That's not you. You need to try a second time. That's OK. Once you learn to love what you do, that's when it becomes a career.
>>
>>29003435
This >>29003671 applies to you too, comp sci bot.
>>
>>29003742
There's an exam retake in August, but I've been studying for this particular exam since Easter. If I couldn't do it today why would I be able to do it in August?

I'm OK (not brilliant but average) at the rest of the course but I just don't understand the maths module.

Almost two years ago I got a part time job at a supermarket while at school and that was awful, I couldn't do it, I quit because my supervisor was telling me that I'd get fired if I didn't improve (I'd only been there 2 weeks). So if I can't go to university and get an office job, and I can't handle a meaningless minimum wage job, what the fuck can I do?
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 681x517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 681x517
>>29003353
>>What are your career goals?
>Be a pilot
>>Oh... what are your back ups?
English teacher abroad or do something with my business degree.
>>
>>29003353

Do something that's not a hobby.

Music isn't a career.
>>
Kids like OP are why I don't pay taxes.
>>
File: 1438580359290.png (39 KB, 606x539) Image search: [Google]
1438580359290.png
39 KB, 606x539
Graphic novel writer and illustrator

Backup: wal-mart
>>
>>29003353
>Seriously, why am I always asked what my backups are? If it doesn't work out, I'll look into something else.

So in other words, you don't have an answer to this question, and that's why it annoys you.
>>
Programmer

Backup
Use small inheritance to become a landlord and live very frugally, lurk the internet till i die.
>>
>>29003845
If it pays the bills it is.
>>
>>29004137
My backup is welfare.
>>
>>29003353
fuck the people who always say "whats your back up?"

I delt with them too.. Fucking ass holes. Even Picasso said fuck them. You just have to be 120% dedicated to what you're doing.
>>
>>29005525
Maybe not even that. Music is a skill. Composing is a skill. Performing is a skill. You just need to be marketable enough. That doesn't involve 120%, but people think it does and give up. The only way it won't happen is if you give up or die.
>>
>>29003353
>be me
>majored in useless polisci BA
>no work experience
>upper middle class faggot
>Despite this work at target with niggers
>Only hope is military

If i get medically disqualified its all over. I'm just gonna buy a used van to live in, shower at planet fitness, and do drugs untill i die.
>>
>>29005578
Not necessarily. People think you always have to jump into the mainstream and be marketable, you don't always have too. You can do that if you would like, but there use to be artists that would live poorly (bohemian lifestyle) just for their art.

But yeah it is a skill
>>
>>29005578
>>29005667
also I personally belive in the 120% but thats just me.

I don't think its fair that someone who gives 70% and treats music as a hobby should be better than the 120% guys... maybe sometimes it happens but its really sad if it does
>>
>>29004709

Your backup is mooching off of the rest of society. I understand that you want to be a musician, but realistically, you're going to need a plan B.
>>
My career goal is to become a producer/web designer

My backup is to become a NEET

The backup for my backup is to become a code monkey, and that's what I'm going to school for
>>
>>29005700
What about 70% for 15 years?
>>
>>29005736
Why realistically? Just because it's competitive? Spoiler alert! Everything in life is competitive!
>>
>>29005817

Because unlike some other carreers, odds are you are not going to be able to make a living of music alone. And I'm guessing you want to make a living...
>>
>>29005787
then you're building skill, in my opinion what matters is the heart and soul that goes into it. Even if you play 1 or 2 chords if you have heart and soul it can definitely amplify it. If you do 70% for 15 years and then give it your all youll probably be god tier
>>
>>29005837
And welfare will take care of me until then.
>>
>>29005874
>Even if you play 1 or 2 chords if you have heart and soul it can definitely amplify it
Welcome to Indie music.
>>
>>29005955
I wouldnt say just indie music, you can say punk rock, gothic rock too because punk is often simple riffs giving true raw energy and gothic too

not saying you should just be a dumbo and not work on skill but just saying that soul is powerful too
>>
>>29006028
Oh, I was just talking shit about indie and how their musicians have no talent but still get popular with "muh heart."
>>
Supreme dude
autismbux
>>
Chef status
Suicide

Looks like Im going to end up falling on the backup
>>
>>29006060
Yeah I know.. there are a lot of shitty indie artists. skill is needed too I only said muh heart amplifies it
>>
>>29006355
Have you ever been a chef? Shit sucks.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.