[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /minimal/ here? By that I mean not owning a huge collection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1428153180291.jpg (26 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
1428153180291.jpg
26 KB, 500x286
Who /minimal/ here? By that I mean not owning a huge collection of anime figures, video games (physical boxes), several games consoles, PCs and laptops. Just the four or five things you need or have as a spare. Currently my room is a mess of things I have been attached to but my mindset doesn't really care for this stuff anymore.
>>
>>29002524
all true robots could pack up everything they care about in 10 minutes

materialism and pointless collections are normie things
>>
>>29002524
Only have a bed, one nightstand, a handful of clothes, 2 pairs of sneakers, and a laptop.
I really like the minimalist lifestyle and would likely continue it even if I had some form of income to spend on things.
>>
>>29002581
So what would you pack up?
>>
>>29002613
If I had more money I'd just focus on upgrading my PC. That would be really all I need for entertainment.
>>
>>29002581
>all true robots could pack up everything they care about in 10 minutes

Try 5 minutes
>Ps3 in briefcase with room for 20ish games. 1min 30 seconds

>Clothes. only 3 sets+pajamas. 30 seconds if im being sloppy

>Computer. Pain in the ass bit. Suitcase in ~2 mins if i rush

>waifu figures. Only have 3. 30 seconds

>posters. only have 5. 30 seconds.
>>
>>29002524

Only have a computer and a futon. And the miniature desk that computer sits on. Other than that, clothes, a waning book collection, and kitchenware. Outside of of toiletries, that's literally it.
>>
>>29002581

No pointless collections are autistic things
>>
>>29002690
>of of

God I'm a fuckin' iiiiidddiot.
>>
>>29002524
I don't want to post my computer desk because I am obsessive and it will bother me a lot

my computer desk is literally my monitor on top, my computer in the place for it, and my keyboard/mouse on the retracting surface part. my computer is extremely power efficient (max load is under 200 watts, gold rated 90% efficient PSU) and I only turn one light on during night. I don't own any physical merchandise at all, all of my games are digital, the only game console I own is a wii with a couple games I got for a good price, and the only movies I have are those I got years ago.

the main room in my apartment looks like I just moved in and I've been living here as a neet for the past year.
>>
>>29002681
Why no PS4?
>>
>>29002524
my comic collection is only 4 comics with a fifth i want but i cant afford.
Ideally i want it to be just 8 really good comics
i have enough clothes for 10 days, a pc, an old xbox 360 that still works and dont have the heart to throw away, my bed that will last forever, my comfy chair, my drawing board with one blue and one black pencil, one pencil sharpener, one erraser and one drawing pen.
I have a tablet that i have been meaning to learn to use so i can switch to using less shit
i have an ac that doubles as a shitty heating unit
and forr the other room one table that gets longer who doubles as a guest desk with 4 chairs and i have a fridge thats currently empty and oven and gas burner and the tinyest bathroom i have ever seen
hell i have one clip lamp that i move everywhere because i never got around installing lamps
an thats all i own in the world. I want to buy a good laptop down the road and that will be it
>>
>>29002681
Replace the computer with laptop and your hassle of being thrown out by mom will be a lot easier. You can just browse online at starbucks then.
>>
>>29002524
I like to affect it but I'm essentially not. As far as materialism goes I get /tg/ fads that take up alot of under the bed space.

When my rooms tidy it looks like a white room with a PC and a bed and a nice old chair.
>>
>>29002524
>Currently my room is a mess of things I have been attached to but my mindset doesn't really care for this stuff anymore.
You're lying to yourself about not caring for it or you'd get rid of it if you didn't think you'd need it.
I know with my stuff I been in situations where it's like I only really own what I have on me in my possession but there was a lot of stuff I couldn't huck and felt I needed to hold onto. Sometimes I let it just sit until I absolutely need it because I'm trying to figure out what to do with everything for me it seems like I never get started on that unless I go and sit in that room for a few hours doing nothing. I never really do that unless I'm having serious issues and wait till the last minute then run out of time and start the cycle all over again when I got the time to do it again.
>>
>>29003043
I have several games consoles. I still have 40+ installed games on PS3 that I'll never play. That's why I keep some shit. I keep saying I'll play them someday.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.