[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here /travellingalone/? I really need to see different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: url.jpg (7 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7 KB, 263x192
Anyone here /travellingalone/?
I really need to see different places because I'm gettin mad living every day of my adult life in the same fucking place. I'd like to try to travel somewhere but I have no friends so I'd have to go alone. Fact is I feel unconfortable when I am alone outside because I'm always the only fucking one who's alone. I know it's a stupid feel, but I can't prevent myself from feeling it.
I have some experience of visiting places while alone because of my work (Greece, Belgium, Crete, Italy) and it went always the same way: out of my hotel room when I had to do work-related shit, otherwise shut in inside. Literally all the time.
I'm pretty sure this would happen during a vacation too.
Any story, experiences?
>>
File: 1463394685953.jpg (916 KB, 2000x1285) Image search: [Google]
1463394685953.jpg
916 KB, 2000x1285
>>29002293
The thought and necessity of traveling alone is usually what stops me from doing it.

Keep the thread going faggots.
>>
>>29002345
>The thought and necessity of traveling alone is usually what stops me from doing it.
OP here. Care to explain/elaborate? It sounds like an interesting thought
>>
>>29002374
I'm sick of doing everything alone. I really wish this wasn't the case. It's gotten to the point where I derive no pleasure from any of my hobbies or activities because knowing I have no one to share my experiences with cuts me to the core.
>>
This is actually a pretty crazy coincidence for me. Literally just today I dropped my contract with the Navy and am making plans to go /vanlife/ and travel to as many places as I can in a year. I'm considering making a blog or youtube to document my experiences, not sure though because I don't like having much of an online presence.
>>
>>29002601
>It's gotten to the point where I derive no pleasure from any of my hobbies or activities because knowing I have no one to share my experiences with cuts me to the core.
Are you literally me? If I may ask, your age and country? Do you have a job? Do you live on your own?
>34 Europe
>yes and yes
I like to play vidya, photography, watch movies and tv shows, write things... but everytime I realize I'm doing all of these things for me and me only, sharing them with literally no one, and I just stop doing whateve I was doing.
Because what's the point?
>>
I need motivation to do something like this.
I mean, I really want to, but there is some instinct that tells me to just stay the place i'm currently at for an indefinite amount of time.
>>
>>29002656
>a blog or youtube
just post your shit on Instagram
>>
>>29002707
Never had an instagram or used the app.Why would you reccomend it?
>>
>>29002293
Do it.

Traveling alone is liberating. You can do and see whatever you want whenever you want. You aren't bound to anyone else, you don't have to consider another person's desires, it's just you.

Yeah it can get lonely but because you're alone you can spend that time however you please. Plus if you get lonely it will motivate you to meet people and get out of your comfort zone. Or don't, it's totally up go you.

I travelled alone for a couple months last year and I can't imagine being with someone else, I could do anything I wanted on a whim. I'm planning a move soon to a city where I know nobody and it honestly couldn't be worse than living with my parents and staying in my little bubble in the suburbs
>>
>>29002768
It's an online scrapbook.

Pictures, captions and shit.
>>
>>29002679
>35 Alaska, USA
>Self employed small business owner
>Would live alone if rents weren't so damn high

Have always wanted to travel and could be out doing awesome stuff in my home state right now. JUST
>>
>>29002293
I went to Spain by myself last month.
>>
>>29002768
>Why would you reccomend it?
Because it's pretty simple to give your shit visibility, wuthout the pain in the ass of setting up another shitty useless youtube channel or a blog no one actually reads.
>take a pic\video of the shit you're doing\looking at
>post it, using some strategic hashtag
>profit
>>
>>29002822
You're 35, I'm 34.
If you're a shy, cute girl we can travel alone :^)
Ok enough joking. I feel you. And I'm sorry the only actual kind "suggestions" i'll get in this thread is normie shit like >>29002813

>>29002838
Nice story, mongoloid, very interesting
>>
>>29002839
>>29002814
Sounds good. I'll probably set off on the maiden voyage in a month.
>>
>>29002876
>Nice story, mongoloid, very interesting
Thanks, friendo
>>
>>29002876
>If you're a shy, cute girl we can travel alone

You know I'm not and nobody else here is either.

I guess what keeps my hope alive is the thought that maybe I'll make some friends while I'm traveling. That could happen r...right?
>>
>>29002876
You ask people for advice and experience on travelling alone, then ignore it as "normie" shit. I was a fat ugly man when I travelled. You clearly don't care about travelling alone, you're just fantasizing about getting out of your shitty life.
>>
>>29002935
>You know I'm not and nobody else here is either.
Did you miss my "ok enough joking" or are you a mongoloid who can't read ? idiot

>ask for suggestions
>"just do eet anon iz good"
die in a fire
>>
Hitchhike.

I've been doing it since I was 17 every summer, alone. You'll meet loads of people, having hitched rides means you wont be alone most of the time. Most of the time you'll pull over some great people that will let you join them, be it either for dinner and spending the night under a roof, or for a week of partying. Best thing is, most of the time I went on the road without any money, and I got by just fine
>>
>>29002293
There was a madman on /v/'s Fallout New Vegas threads who was planning to visit the places shown ingame and do it by foot a couple of weeks ago. I think and hope he gave up on that stupid idea.
>snakes
>coyotes
>scorpions
>scorching heat
>freezing cold
>sand
>biker gangs
>military testing grounds
>>
>>29002990
OP is a fucking faggot once again...

Your jokes are not fun and you're insulting nice people, that's why you have no friend to travel with.
And you won't meet any people if you insult them.
>>
>>29003072
>tried to hitchhike once
>absolutely fucking no one stopped to take me in
>tried knocking on some doors and people told me they'll call the cops and dogs barked at me
>walked for about 11 hours at fucking night on the road until i found a town with a train station
>later found out i walked for about 50 kilometers and that my feet were a bloody mess
>>
>>29003072
I don't get it, you hike for more than a day ?
How would you get to eat with people, maybe I'm dumb but can you explain better pls ?
>>
I wanna go adventuring but like with everything else in life, I'm too scared.
>>
I travelled through the SW US last year . It pretty fun. Explored the small towns, went to bars, hiked, etc
>>
>>29003281
sounds fucking horrible, that's my main fear

also >>29003072
sry I mistook it for "hiking"
>>
File: 1452456150222.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452456150222.jpg
145 KB, 1280x720
>>29003308
>I wanna go adventuring but like with everything else in life, I'm too scared.

This. Just the tought of leaving my "comfort area" makes me nervous as fuck let alone going to another country\continent.
Also, i have a huge fuckin fear of planes. Almost phobia-tier... and when i'm out of my comfort zone i get panic attacks and i can only focus on the worse.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.