[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>listening to music in the car or at the computer and without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 向井秀徳.jpg (56 KB, 300x239) Image search: [Google]
向井秀徳.jpg
56 KB, 300x239
>listening to music in the car or at the computer and without even realizing it start imagining talking to an imaginary girlfriend about all the nuances of each song and album and artist and genre
>the sensation of loneliness afterwards when I realize I am just sitting there imagining talking to someone who does not exist
>no girlfriend to listen to math/jam rock and jazzy hip-hop with
>>
But anon you must realize women can't appreciate music to the same degree as men they simply just dont understand
>>
>>29001135
Post an analysis of a song ITT. I promise I'll read it.
>>
File: SAPPUKEI.jpg (76 KB, 1500x1482) Image search: [Google]
SAPPUKEI.jpg
76 KB, 1500x1482
>>29001603
It seems to just come out in the moment, like casual commentary on how I get excited when I can pick out and identify certain words in Russian songs I listen to, or I imagine laughing about how a particular moment in a song is corny to a funny degree but I like it anyway, etc.

Sometimes I write long examinations of certain songs and artists, and occasionally genres if I want to introspectively examine my own interests in music, but it would probably be comparatively stiff and dry to anyone except me.

Though I will say that although I listen to a lot of different music in the broad category of alt. rock, I think most prevalently I seem to enjoy and "identify with" the sparser, more improvised-sounding stuff the most, that just sounds like some people jamming around (picture arguably not related, just an album I like particularly).

I think this may stem from my desires to find other people to play music with so casually, experimenting and etc.
There you go. I'm sorry that you're bored enough to want to read this.
>>
File: 1432937638408.jpg (13 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1432937638408.jpg
13 KB, 230x230
>listening to Can't Maintain by AJJ (if you haven't heard it, it's definitely an /r9k/ approved album) in the car while driving to Flerida@
>last song comes on
>slow type song, longing chords (C Am F Fm C G)
>imagine her sleeping in the passenger seat next to me
>looking over at the empty seat, smiling
>realize how pathetic I am
>spend the night at a Motel 6 and nearly hang myself
>>
I do it too. With songs and with video games. I recently had an argument with an imaginary person about which TMV album is better (it's Amputecture). I also autistically remember where every band is from so I include that often. "Technically this is not Midwest emo because the band is from NY" "Childs is the only Mexican band I know" etc.
>>
>>29001972
>video games
Oh shit, that reminded me of how I always liked to use level editors and any sort of feature in a game that allows customization, and then imagining showing it to some imaginary friend or girlfriend. I used to make scenarios in military simulators like Arma, imagining playing the scenario together with someone, which actually helps me determine what to add sometimes so that's a valid technique I guess. I also like imagining exploring some sort of open world game together comfortably. It feels like there's not enough games like that, Minecraft probably comes the closest--not that I have anyone to play them with, anyway, but I like to be able to imagine at least while I'm tweaking my server and building shit alone.

The whole time I played through the newer Fallout game, I imagined telling a girlfriend about what I was doing and planning on doing, or discussing something crazy that just happened, asking for input on what to do next (though I'm bad at imagining what another person would say, so mostly it's just me monologuing). I even listened to ASMR videos/audio of Japanese chicks talking to me for probably a solid fifth or quarter of the time I played the game in part to make it easier to imagine a girlfriend being there to enjoy it with, I guess. Pretty much the same thing with other open world games like Cataclysm DDA, STALKER, Mount & Blade, etc.

Pretty fucking pathetic, but, you know. So it goes.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.