[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This stuff >Tastes awful >Makes you sick >Makes you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14
File: o-JUST-ADD-WATER-BEER-facebook.jpg (384 KB, 1536x2294) Image search: [Google]
o-JUST-ADD-WATER-BEER-facebook.jpg
384 KB, 1536x2294
This stuff
>Tastes awful
>Makes you sick
>Makes you sleepy
>Makes your cognitive functions weaker
>Is expensive
>Makes you fat

Why the fuck is it considered 'normal' to drink it? Is everyone a masochist or is it just one big faking scheme that normies do to fit in? I'm genuinely confused as to why normies pretend to like it. If you claim to like alcohol, under what circumstances would you admit that its just a lie to fit in? Or is the post purchase rationalization so strong that you can't admit it?
>>
>>29000028
Which of those also apply to sitting on your ass posting on r9k all day?
>>
T b h f a m beer is absolutely disgusting and makes me projectile vomit the second it touches my tongue. Rum and wine are bretty gud
>>
>If you claim to like alcohol, under what circumstances would you admit that its just a lie to fit in?
People do like alcohol. Not the taste of it but the drug itself is well-liked.
>>
Adults like the taste.
>>
>>29000028
I actually like beer (not american beer, real beer i mean). But yeah, pretending to like liquor is a normie thing.
>>
>>29000060
Nothing worse than people who pretend to like wine
>>
Yeah it tastes like shit and costs a fortune but everyone else is doing it and I don't want to be 'that sober guy' when everyone else is loaded. The whole beer industry is just a massive peer pressure exercise. No one who is honest with themselves likes it. Notice that everyone who is drinking is desperate to be noticed when they drink.
>>
I liked beer ever since I was a kid. My grandpa used to drink some for lunch and dinner every day because he had kidney and bladder problems and it helped him.

I used to be allowed to sip a little and my grandma would buy me non-alcoholic beer. It was pretty funny seeing me, a 5-6 year old kid in the garden, gulping down a can of beer in the sun.

I still like it to this day. Beer is my favourite.

On the side note, I have never gotten drunk in my life, and my alcohol intake is minimum, maybe 1 glass of something in like 2 months.
>>
>>29000028
Im an alcoholic who drinks beer. The stuff is tasty. Drink something that isn't Bud or Coors.
>>
>>29000028
I enjoy the taste of beer

I enjoy the effects of alcohol

I enjoy getting my friends around to drink beer

There is a reason why alcohol has became such a big thing in so many cultures, I feel bad for you missing out on something so good
>>
>>29000217
>friends

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
It's basically meme water
>>
>>29000228
I'm a robot through and through

I don't know how you guys go with out spending time with other males, friends, especially adult males don't have much to do together besides talk about their shit families, getting the boys around for a couple beers is a great way to get people together, it makes things less awkward
>>
>>29000256
>I'm a robot through and through

>I don't know how you guys go with out doing normie stuff
>>
>>29000028
>>Tastes awful
Opinion
>>Makes you sick
If you're weak
>>Makes you sleepy
Can't sleep without it, better than melatonin tbqh
>>Makes your cognitive functions weaker
Great form of escapism
>>Is expensive
Drink 40s if you're poor
>>Makes you fat
If you don't exercise

Cushy NEETs don't understand beer, but when you're finally forced out of your room and have to deal with real life you'll come to understand the appeal. I drink one or two by myself every day. No peer pressure, no instagram pics, just something to help keep me in line and ground me.
>>
File: eaglerare.jpg (146 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
eaglerare.jpg
146 KB, 800x533
>implying I don't drink to unwind at the end of the day but can't control myself and end up drinking far too much with the intent on dying in my sleep but waking up the next day with no success and a major headache

Get on my level, faggot
>>
File: arguing.png (43 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
arguing.png
43 KB, 429x410
Alcohol is the most overrated drug I know of.

Psychedelics is where its at.
>>
Alcohol sucks compared to weed in every way except numbing yourself to appear more normie in social interactions or drinking yourself to sleep to forget a cringe moment or your problems. That being said, if you know how to get drunk properly it can be fun, it isn't all about looking cool
>>
>>29000292
>implying you aren't talking to another male right now

m8
>>
File: 1464844163700.jpg (20 KB, 543x403) Image search: [Google]
1464844163700.jpg
20 KB, 543x403
>>29000028
To be fair OP it is a very easy to make drug compared to illegal depressants or even illegal stimulants of similar potency and addictiveness. This makes it the ideal drug for temporarily ignoring life's despair... Or so people say. Every drunk I've encountered is an angry piece of shit ready to fight.
>>
>relieves anxiety
>helps the time pass more quickly
>passing out is a guaranteed dreamless sleep
>getting shitfaced can be cathartic. Obviously the people around you don't want to deal with your bullshit, but it makes both them and you aware of its presence
>>
>>29000028
I like beer over hard liquor unless it's a shot or really nice mixed drink, both of which are expensive whilst out and about however.

Good craft beer tastes wonderful and it inebriates to the perfect effect of euphoria, slight sedation and enhanced sexual energy.. usually after only one 22oz bottle. Costs about 7 or 8 bucks , not really expensive for 10% alcohol by volume.
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/1160/

I enjoy it because it doesn't make me sick unless I drink way too much, is really easy to get, doesn't interfere with my federal job like weed would and I don't crave it all the time like I used to crave a bong rip before during and after work.

There are social pressures definetly but I never really felt the need to drink until I was about 23 and decided put down the bong for a while at which point I wanted a little liquid intoxicant action in my life.

Alcohol isn't for everyone but don't hate the ones who like it.
>>
>>29000028
Normies are too dumb to have conversation if not given some drinks to make them dumber
>>
>>29000405
But that implication would be true
>>
>>29000028
>Tastes awful
I'll admit that beer, lager and especially ale are acquired tastes. However there is such a large variety of different kinds that you may find one you enjoy.

>Makes you sick
Only if consumed to excess

>Makes you sleepy
Perfect if you struggle to fall asleep

>Makes your cognitive functions weaker
Thereby reducing the unpleasantness of existence

>Is expensive
Most enjoyable things in life are. Alcohol is significantly cheaper than cigarettes and an awful lot cheaper than illegal drugs.

>Makes you fat
So does anything if consumed excessively

Then again OP I have to say that I only like beers, lagers, ales and wines. Spirits I can't stand, ironically due to two reasons you listed for not liking beer (bad taste and expensive).
>>
Drinking beer makes doing boring normie stuff more bearable like going clubbing and going to parties with tons of people you don't like. Gets rid of social anxiety and allows you to enjoy what you're doing without worrying.
>>
>>29000413
Oh and it will also make you fat if you don't exercise or over eat while intoxicated. Got to either not watch as much to compensate or actually exercise.. *shock and horror*

There is so much marketing around beer for sure, but you don't see me out buying bud lite or Sam adams or etc etc.. I like to drink alone or with my wife at our place.

It also helps with karaoke
>>
>>29000256
If you have to drink to enjoy each other's company, you aren't really friends. Friends don't feel awkward around each other, naturally. Face it, you're 'getting together' for the beer first and foremost, you worthless addict.
>>
Everyone saying beer tastes awful, are you guys Americans? Because beer is delicious.
>>
File: 7.jpg (11 KB, 424x288) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
11 KB, 424x288
>>29000504
>*shock and horror*
>>
>>29000028

>Not enjoying bitter flavors
>Not enjoying the complex fermented taste
>Not going to the bar, to have a nice cold one on a warm day
>Not getting tipsy with your friends
>Never experiencing a cookout drunk on beer

>Never experiencing being male
>>
>>29000567
Friends don't have to drink to enjoy each other's company, but it can make the company more fun.

Also I like that you think drinking a few beers with friends makes you an alcoholic.
>>
>>29000028
Well it depends on the beer. If I have one it's the nicers ones that have subtle hits of orange peel or nuts. Usualy enjoyed in a sunday as a treat. I don't get why people drink the shitty stuff just to get drunk. Seems like a waste of money in that case.
I don't look down on people who don't like it. It's understandable. If you just want a coke you can still hang with me brah.
>>
Who /getbuzzedbutnevergetdrunkbecausegotwaytoodrunkafewtimesandfeltreallysickandnowimtooscaredtohavemorethanlike4drinks/ here?
>>
I LOVE RED ALE
>>
>>29000482
What's enjoyable in clubbing senpai?
>can't talk because music is loud
>high prices shitty taste "drinks"
>meet a bunch of douche
>girls aren't always available
>guys outnumber girls
>dance is boring
>waste entire night
>cabs fare
clubbing is the most boring thing ever. I can't believe normies like it. I'm not saying vydia like a robot is better but there's tons of other interesting normie stuff
>>
>>29000405
When I'm online everybody is literally an NPC. I don't consider any of you people real.
>>
>>29000567
I'd say it gives people something to do, I'm not really like that, I've got heaps of weird/quirky shit I do with my mates

It's a bit weird for adult males to go over there other adult males house and play Xbox, so they take their kids, have a bbq, a few beers and talk shit, a few beers tend to help you with putting up with your wife and kids
>>
File: 1408216871996.jpg (15 KB, 200x178) Image search: [Google]
1408216871996.jpg
15 KB, 200x178
>He still has a child's palette

Everybody look at laugh at this literal manchild
>>
>>29000772
I pretty much hate clubbing too, but if you want to fit in with normie friends you gotta do it. Might as well get drunk to forget most of what makes it shitty:

>Don't bother talking because music is too loud
>Drink at home beforehand so you don't have to pay for drinks
>Go with friends so you don't have to meet douche or worry about getting girls
>Dance is boring but if you drink and act stupid with friends its bearable
>Live next to clubs so don't have to pay cab
>Stay in club for 1,5 hours and then go for chips with friend and have fun drunk conversations

Although you're right it does waste a night and most of the next day. 4 out of 5 times I wake up and wish I'd stayed home and played vidya desu.

Also, there's other interesting normie stuff but they like clubbing I'm not assertive enough to make them do anything else most of the time.
>>
File: 1464188026147.png (368 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464188026147.png
368 KB, 640x480
I don't like beer, but I chase it with my whisky. I dont like whisky, but I don't really like life. So I'll drink some beer and whisky until I'm happy.
>>
>>29000921
*palate
>>
>drinking the fermented jew

ishygddt
>>
>>29001048

>WATER ONLY WATER

Enjoy your pussy repellent
>>
i like beer but to get more than just a buzz i have to drop a shot of vodka into each bottle.
>>
>>29000928
So if all you're doing is being stupid with friends couldn't you accomplish the same thing at home?
>>
PSA:

If you dislike the taste of even the most mild beer, you are, unfortunately, a supertaster. You have been cursed by god to be unable to enjoy a large portion of the foods that normies consider "adult."

Your only course of action is to drink fruity girl drinks and meme it up. Ironically drinking those drinks allows you to drink without looking like a pansy every time you take a swig of beer and grimace.
>>
>>29000028
I started drinking 2-3 beers each night 2-3 years ago but for some time now i think it gives me gut problems. I love it and it's hard to stop drinking it though, it's pretty refreshing and the 5% alcohol ones give a nice buzz. My gastro told me i might have a problem with the ingredients like yeast or something but my poop is getting mushy and slimy or i get constipated and bloated like shit.

I think it helped me grow gyno as well.
>>
>>29002008
I drink meme cocktails all the time. Whenever anyone rips on me for drinking a girly drink, I own that shit. It's my money and I'm going to drink whatever the fuck I please.
>>
I don't think you really understand what "Drinking" is. Drinking has woven itself into our society as a means of communication and removal of stress, There are people who drink to have fun and communicate while there are others that drink by themselves for a introverted feeling of understanding about themselves. It is a stress reliever and communication tool
>>
>>29002008
>If you dislike the taste of even the most mild beer, you are, unfortunately, a supertaster.

more like a superfaggot
>>
>>29002042
This is what seriously depresses me about society, that people have to rely on a poisonous, mind altering drug to make it through.

I not only refuse to drink but I also can not stand being around people who are drinking. Everybody becomes a cunt once they're noticeably drunk. This lack of drinking is probably one of the main reasons I'm stuck shitposting on a Mongolian BBQ forum, but I'd rather kill myself than be peer pressured into drinking and joining the mindless horde of drunk assholes.
>>
>>29000069
>Bud lite is the only beer in America
Have you been under a rock for 20 years?
>>
File: 1464574049485.jpg (18 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1464574049485.jpg
18 KB, 251x251
I like to drink beer. It gets me drunk. I like the feeling of being drunk. I drink more to keep the feeling going.
>>
File: trappisten.jpg (232 KB, 927x360) Image search: [Google]
trappisten.jpg
232 KB, 927x360
In Belgium it's basically mandatory to like beer above the age of 16
>>
>>29002008
I dislike beer. But I'll drink hard liquors like whisky. Cheap whisky has been getting me through my shitty job. Eyyy.
>>
File: 1446157076763.jpg (53 KB, 478x665) Image search: [Google]
1446157076763.jpg
53 KB, 478x665
>Tastes amazing
>Yeah, if you drink too much
>Obviously, I like that
>Not if you buy the cheap stuff
>>
>>29000028
Because eventually it can taste quite nice, plus enough of them gets you drunk

It's a win win scenario now stop bitching
>>
>>29000028
>beer tastes awful

I bet you put cream and sugar in your coffee faggot
>>
>>29000920
>>It's a bit weird for adult males to go over there other adult males house and play Xbox
Yeah? Well guess what I don't give a fucking shit. I do what I want. I'm not afraid of what others will think about me. That's called being a man. If you feel like playing some xbox, play some goddamn xbox you insecure fuck-up.
>>
>>29003487

>Tfw I love beer and liquor
>Tfw I put cream and sugar in my coffee

I don't want to feel like I'm drinking a beer the first thing I do after I get up

Though I drink black to taste the coffee first if its a new blend
>>
File: 1463513960176.png (24 KB, 382x379) Image search: [Google]
1463513960176.png
24 KB, 382x379
>>29000028
>Why the fuck is it considered 'normal' to drink it?
Every answer is the jews
Why do people use social media?
Why do people do this, why do people do that, why is this "unmanly" yadda yadda yadda
It's the kikes
>>
>>29000028

Lol op, you my nigga, look at all these normal wannabes scrambling to defend their precious silly water.

Get fucked you worthless junkie alcoholics, no wonder you're all fucking failures. Enjoy the liver damage and the obesity morons.
>>
>>29000028
I wouldn't expect some NEET to understand how refreshing a beer can be after doing actual work
>>
>>29000187
this
american beer is basically pisswater
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 308x308
>>29003684
> the jews are responsible for alcohol
holy shit
just when i think this board can't get any more autistic
people have been drinking alcohol for thousands and thousands of years you dumbass, it's as old as agriculture
>>
File: 1405410447980.jpg (11 KB, 211x290) Image search: [Google]
1405410447980.jpg
11 KB, 211x290
>>29004145
It's another mouthbreathing /pol/ack fishing for (You)'s
>>
I had alcohol once when I was a normie, my friends made me take 8 shots of vodka, needless to say I hated it
>>
First of all you can't equate all alcohol with beer. Beer is basically wheat tea and there are many other types of alcohol. Wine can be sweet and taste like grape juice. You can make mixed drinks with vodka or gin that do not taste like alcohol at all. There are options, beer isn't the only one.

Also there are many different types of beer. I figured most people have only had the main corporate ones in America like Budweiser, Coors, Busch, etc. It's no wonder why people don't like these and call them pisswater. Try some craft brews, or some infusions that have different flavors.
Personally, I hate IPAs or anything with that bitter taste and I don't understand why people like them. I've been really into cider lately, tastes like alcoholic apple juice and there are other flavors too, like honey cider or ginger cider, or berry flavored ciders, delicious.

Overall as a drug though (which it is) it's probably not the best. It causes a lot of negative health side effects like cirrhosis if you drink too much. I prefer weed, very few negative health side effects. But alas, only one is legal in my state so I'm doomed to kill myself by drinking.

tl;dr beer isn't bad, it's all opinion anyway and can't be proven. Nothing wrong with liking beer or not liking beer, it's all personal preference. As long as you enjoy it responsibly.
>>
>>29004476
>only one is legal in my state so I'm doomed to kill myself by drinking.
There are other legal drugs you know. Kratom is a pretty popular legal drug for example.
>>
>>29000482
>going to parties with people you don't like
>going to clubs

I don't really like using the word "normie" but fuck off, you're really not the person to be here on this board.
>using alcohol as a social crutch

kys
>>
>>29000028
I dunno m8. I drink it in moderation and I like drinking craft beers for the tastes and complexities of the brew and trying different beers with different styles and what not.

It's not for everyone though. I have friends who love liquor and I fucking hate that shit.
>>
File: 1464819364075.jpg (104 KB, 361x446) Image search: [Google]
1464819364075.jpg
104 KB, 361x446
Its popular because its the most easiest drug to access, its not hard to understand.
>>
idk bro, corona tastes amazing. Also makes you have a great time (i know you also can have great times without alcohol, but it creates a certain feeling) 2 bad its so expensive though.
>>
>>29000028
I asked around, specifically people who drink it often in large quantities, and the answer is that they don't like its taste either, but they love to get drunk. So, as >>29004881 said, it's just cheap and legal drug.
>>
>>29000028
>not enjoying a quality beer or two to help you unwind after a long day
Faggot.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.