[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Got depressed for numerous reasons around October last year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1458438883177.jpg (26 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1458438883177.jpg
26 KB, 399x388
>Got depressed for numerous reasons around October last year
>Went full lay down and rot mode for a good portion of time until now, haven't even got a haircut
>Decided to try and stop being such a sad fuck from last Monday and forcing myself to be more productive
>My hair is long as fuck and scruffy as fuck. My inner autism is afraid to go get it cut because I look like a tramp

What can I say to the Barber so I don't look like a complete degenerate?
>>
>>28999167
Nothing, you're paying them to cut your hair.
>>
>>28999167
you say
>JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>>28999167
Shave it, completely.
Or leave a little bit on and go to the barber when you think you can walk the streets
>>
>>28999174
Yeah but the barber will be thinking 'this fucking cunt hasnt had a haircut in a year or so' which upsets my inner autism. They will probably ask why its so long too
>>
>>28999167
Just say that you work from home and that you've been buried in work for more than 6 months and hardly even left home in that time (if she/he asks any question that is). If not, just say, "It's been a while since I'v got a hair cut. I want it like this and that." Just make sure to wash your hair to comb it properly before you go.
>>
put on a beanie, go to the next store, buy a hair trimmer, cut the hair yourself. Its literally this easy.
>>
>>28999229
It's fine to not have an excuse. "It's been a while since I've had it cut, other things going on". As long as the barber does the job, who cares what they think.
>>
Keep the hair and enter trapmode
>>
>>28999270
Yeah true. I really want to develop a give no fucks attitude so I don't have to worry about stupid shit like this but it seems impossible in my head
>>
Go to Reddit, yes I know.

Type in male haircut guide

The first couple of results are great.
>>
Back in my younger days I would grow my hair out for a year or two until my mum would literally force me out of bed and throw me into the barbers on my own. I felt so out of my element every single time she did that shit. I would just tell the barber to do what he likes because I'm going to grow it back out anyway.
>>
>>28999295
yeah, I can be like this too. I find it easier if I have a think about the assumptions underlying why I am thinking about the problem in a particular way.

In your case, the assumption is that it's any of the barber's business why you haven't had your hair cut in a while. Sure they might want to know, but you don't owe them anything.

You don't have to develop a complete zero-fucks attitude to say to yourself 'it's okay to have my own business and not share it with strangers. This person probably doesn't really care, and is just curious.'
>>
>>28999369
I was the same way, I still hate having my hair cut.
>>
I'd just be honest with them that you don't know and that you need a clean look like one for an interview
>>
>>28999167
literally they wont give a fuck. Just go in and fake confidence
>>
>>28999315
Checked that out, I think with my face shape I should go for a faux hawk, should I just bring a picture in?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.