[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no one respect me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: tT5GQst.jpg (125 KB, 1439x1079) Image search: [Google]
tT5GQst.jpg
125 KB, 1439x1079
I understand why a bunch of chads in high school messed with me, I was weak and shy and they were teenage retards.

But why does no one respect me, now that I'm 27 and more confident? Why did I just get asked by classmates I barely know if I ever had sex? I'm not too bad looking, just slightly under average, so why ask me and not the other uglies as well?

Why do people, even the losers, mess with me? I thought I look normal, but maybe I appear really weak to others for some reason.

>inb4 kill them all, elliot
>>
>>28998144
how tall are you?
can you maintain eye contact?
>>
>>28998171
I'm 6'. I usually do not maintain eye contact. I've tried forcing myself, at least with people I'm really not intimated by. But it just feels weird. It's more like a weird stare than a real confident eye contact.
>>
>>28998144

Self-estimation of attractiveness can usually be overestimated by 2 or 3 points on a scale of ten. So you're at a 4/4.5, and in reality are likely a 3. Hygiene, posture, eye contact, and other aspects are a key factor as well. They are also changeable. I suspect you are meek - you likely hunch over and have rounded shoulders even without realizing it, you don't hold eye contact for long enough, and have a quiet unsteady voice. I still struggle with the last aspect and even just that one aspect cues people in to what kind of person I am in terms of the social hierarchy. When people don't hear me speak, they assume I'm sexually experienced and socially competent - that's what decent hygiene, dress, and muscle tone will do for you if you're not physically deformed.
>>
>>28998144

i'm not going to teach anything if i tell that your internal state transmits, if you feel stessed people can sense it. and the eye contact thing, yeah, you have to master that.

and of course. must. you MUST no give a fuck about what other think about you. you have to listen to them, they might be saying the truth. but don't make it a problem. don't become a victim bro. you are a victim only if you believe it.
>>
>>28998144
they probably smelled it on you
>>
>>28998248
>>28998294
If I'm overestimating myself, then I'm FUCKED. Because I'm barely a 3 in all aspect of my life.

Hygiene is OK. Posture could probably be improved. Body is weak but I don't know how much it shows. I dress OK.

I mean, I don't look like a total loser (even though I'm totally am one inside), compared to some overweight faggot with greasy hair and whatnot, so I'm not sure why I'm still picked on.
>>
File: HeyListentoThisMix.jpg (328 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
HeyListentoThisMix.jpg
328 KB, 480x480
>>28998171
>>28998217
My Chad buddy taught me a trick with this shit. Stare at the chin of whoever you're talking to. It looks like you're looking at them in the eye, but it doesn't make you feel uncomfortable.
>>
File: 1464536777918.jpg (82 KB, 654x600) Image search: [Google]
1464536777918.jpg
82 KB, 654x600
>>28998294
>must
>mMUST

JUST
>>
>>28998354
What I hate is when I get picked on by said losers. Oh Boy, I have way too much ego for this.
>>
File: 04buddha-landscape.jpg (85 KB, 696x461) Image search: [Google]
04buddha-landscape.jpg
85 KB, 696x461
>>28998375

it is a MUST.
comparing yourself with anybody is going to kill your drive.
>>
>>28998144
>27
>classmates

Think I found your problem, OP.
>>
>>28998453
That's the problem when you drop out of school because of depression and want to get back to it.

But the people are of many age, though. There's older than me.
>>
>>28998144
Because you're acting and look like a little bitch.
>>
>>28998563
"YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?", I yell as I grab you by the throat
>>
u don't get respekt cuz u're a weak ass bitch n u kno it

stand up and fight instead of avoiding confrontation and letting everyone tread on you, faggot
>>
>>28998654
Are you roleplaying right now?

For real?

Jesus m8, this is why you don't have a girlfriend.
>>
>>28998144
>Why did I just get asked by classmates I barely know if I ever had sex?

"Yeah, of course. You want some tips or something?"

Just throw it back in their face, like you don't even know why they'd ask something so stupid. Make them look dumb for having asked.

But be civil about it. Don't say, "Yeah, with YOUR MOM HUH HUH HUH" or anything retarded.
>>
>>28998833
Wouldn't that feel as cringy as the pictures of fedora guys preaching atheism?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.