[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people so fucking obsessed with drinking and partying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1458582987785.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458582987785.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
Why are people so fucking obsessed with drinking and partying? I just overheard this conversation

>"we were at my place and everyone was drunk as fuck, I was just puking all over the place and then I broke my TV hahah!"
>"then we took the bus to the city, we were all drunk as fuck and the police came and arrested some of us because we were making so much noise"
>"next morning i woke up from my bathroom lying in my own puke and i had the worst hangover EVER"

That sounds fun. Why the fuck do people do this? I've never drank or been at a party in my life, can someone explain this to me?
>>
It's called having a life mate
>>
>>28998119
its a normie thing, you wouldnt understand. the more crazy shit you do the higher your social status is.

>>28998147
typical normie, thinks life revolves around getting drunk, cant comprehend theres more to life than that, trust me, people do have lives while not getting shitfaced every night.
>>
Mostly it is for fun, and also to bond with like-minded others (which happen to be most people).

I don't interact with normies other than my family so it really doesn't affect me in any way. Ironically I only hear about it on /r9k/ now.
>>
I don't get the whole drunkness thing and why people act stupid when drunk. I swear it must be a placebo thing or influenced by the events around them.

When I get intoxicated by fingers get numb and my lips. My speech starts to slur, but I can think straight.

When I get drunk, thinking is a bit fuzzy, motor controls get a bit weird, plus the stuff from before. That's all. It's why I don't accept "I was drunk" as an excuse for shitty stuff.
>>
>>28998147
The irony is, a life of meaningless hedonism and foolishness is no life at all.
>>
>>28998323
Yeah, I guess I'm getting older but most normies around me seem to be over drinking, I mostly here it on R9K in a depressing drinking away problems way.
>>
>>28998562
Same here. I suspect it's because most people hide their true nature while sober but are unable to do so once intoxicated.
>>
>>28998803
Probably. Either that or they associate being drunk with being wild and rowdy and believe they should do so when it hits them. Or they're just pretending to be drunk or more drunk than they are.

My friends are the same, when they get drunk they just still act the same, just more slurred. I generally don't know if they're drunk until they tell me.

I have a cyborg friend who invites me to his gatherings sometimes with his normie friends and when they're drunk they act dumb as fuck, dancing with mops and shit.
>>
Everyone ITT needs to get more drunk. Its more fun. You can get trashed without throwing up or being beligerent.
>>
>>28998612
Ohhhh myyyyy, I beg to differ
>>
Unbelievable that I'm even posting here with my trip.

This is probably the saddest board I've ever come across on my toilet shitposting take-a-shit breaks.

It's the drug everybody indulges in so you can have drunken stupid mindless fun! Observe the effects of alcohol for an hour or two after moderate consumption. If you like it, kill yourself, if you don't, 420 ain't an option either.

>let's see how shitty /asp/ has become
>>
yeah you must be like 19-21 ish, because I'm 25 and most people are way over that phase. It gets old real quick. I still like to get hammered every now and again though, sometimes alone.
>>
File: 1464377397459.jpg (32 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
1464377397459.jpg
32 KB, 353x334
You obviously dont drink, ya buttfucker.
>>
>>28998949
Nah lad, I believe in living for a higher purpose.
>>
>>28998119
Because you work the whole week and when it comes the weekend you just want to have fun, bang girls and get wasted (when you are drunk you dont get bored as soon as sober)
>>
>>28998119
Yeah, sitting around memorizing other people's conversations and judging them sounds way more fun.
>>
Because drinking alcohol feels like the best thing in the world especially when you're surrounded by friends

- a slav who has been drinking socially since i was like 13
>>
>>28998119
You don't need to be a normie to get fucking drunk. I tend to be more enjoyable to be with when I am drunk.
>>
>>28998119
i dunno about what you described but when i have a close circle of 3 friends and when we all get together at one of our houses we like to drink because alcohol takes away the pain of how shit life is and we just have a good time shit talking and playing smash bros

you don't have to get black out drunk to the point you break everything or get arrested, but getting drunk really makes you feel at ease temporarily
>>
>>28998911
>when they're drunk they act dumb as fuck, dancing with mops and shit

made me laugh.
but seriously, being drunk is fun, as long as you have fun and dont hurt anyone in the meantime, theres nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>28999065
You sound like a butthurt faggot.
>>
>>28999165
On the contrary you sound like the butthurt fag
>>
File: 1436801188344.png (118 KB, 668x277) Image search: [Google]
1436801188344.png
118 KB, 668x277
>>28998119
It's because it's the status quo. If you don't like alcohol then you're weird, so everyone has to 'like' it for fear of missing out.
>>
>>28999165
No, op sounds butt hurt. He's literally spazzing out because other people have fun and friends.
>>
>>28998119
No one is going to like it, but it's literally a matter of IQ.

When it's low, your thoughts are fewer and hazier, inner dialogue is nigh nonexistent, and you need external stimuli to be excited -- the louder, flashier, and rowdier, the better. Doing stupid shit is just feeling alive through evoking a, rather basic, sense of danger -- you need something to tickle you. It's actually not unlike the very self-harmers whom you deride who do things 'to feel alive'.
>>
>>28999475
Drugs don't work based on iq you fucking idiot
>>
>>28999157
I dont mind it, it's a laugh, but I just think that after being drunk myself, that a lot of people put it on. I particularly dislike it when people use being drunk as an excuse for their shitty behaviour.

Who knows, I haven't been wasted before so maybe that's when all the dumb shit happens, but judging from others, thats just being unable to walk and puking. I just don't get the lack of inhibition stuff. Yeah, I find it difficult to think when drunk and I say what comes to my head so sometimes the words that come out are in the wrong order or whatever, but I get no confidence boost.
>>
>>28999083
Thats right anon nothing compares to the feeling when you are drinking and having fun with your friends.
>>
>>28998119
>Why the fuck do people do this? I've never drank or been at a party in my life

there is your answer faggot
>>
Some people like spending time shitposting on 4chan, some like to spend time drinking heavily, dont see whats the problem here. Different people like different things, its not just normies who drink and its not just robots who spend their days at the computer.
>>
>>28999475
>>28999520
Alcoholism correlates with a high IQ.
>>
>>28999520
What do you mean? Alcohol obviously decreases it short-term, and I reckon quite obviously long-term.

>>28999624
Particular source? Results of >alcoholism iq have a number of ambiguities: frequency vs intensity of drinking, not relating to IQ but to 'verbal ability' subset of it or being a student, and so on.
>>
>>28999681
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201102/more-intelligent-people-are-more-likely-binge-drink-and
>>
>>28999815
Well this is interesting, but it doesn't imply that consequences of drinking aren't different across the ranges. They might cause melancholy in the upper range and a justification to break shit in the lower range. Not to mention the general stupidity-lack of stimulation hypothesis remains.
>>
Societal conditioning OP.

Literally all your life you're told by popular media (music, TV, ads, etc) that partying and being social is the ideal. This is accepted as 'normal' by average people, who then go on to propegate this belief. This sounds neckbeard as fuck, but it's true.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>28998119

>Why the fuck do people do this?

depends on if your male or female. women tend to drink simply because its the ''sociable'' thing for them. they follow whatever popular trend and are afraid of being branded as social outcasts.

men on the other hand drink mostly due to depression. a lot of beta males are actually depressed because they don't know why they don't have girlfriends, despite sucking up to a Stacy and expecting love in return.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.