[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud at FPSs? When I play an FPS, I always have this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
How do I git gud at FPSs? When I play an FPS, I always have this feeling of insecurity of not seeing my own feet, like when I am in a high place, I am always afraid I would accidentally mis-step and fall. Is it autism?
>>
>>28997462
>Is it autism?

probably. i'm insecure when playing csgo but that's only because i'm afraid im going to get yelled at or kicked by my eastern european teammates cause i failed a 1v5 clutch.

to git gud just play a lot. put in 5+ hours daily and it's impossible to not get better.
>>
>>28997462
I don't think getting good relates to your problem, but it could have something to do with overthinking things. I'm shit in every FPS and I played quite a few for years but I was definetly better when I kinda "gave up" and just played without thinking.
>>
Just maintain head height and slice the pie.
>>
File: smug.png (268 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
268 KB, 499x499
I used to feel the same way when playing FPS games.

What you need to do is ignore the gun models completely and just focus on the environment on the screen. Don't pretend that you're looking through someone else's eyes, controlling their body. What matters is the environment, not the restrictions the game is putting on you because of your "body" and the gun models. After I changed my perception like this, I started scoring really high, getting invites to serious clans and shit.
>>
>>28997603
>>28997522
>>28997506
/r9k/ is surprisingly helpful today. Thanks a lot anons. I'm reluctant to buy Overwatch because of this, guess I should give it a try after all.
>>
File: fmj.jpg (163 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
fmj.jpg
163 KB, 658x370
>>28997462

> play a lot
> notice when you fuck up and why
> play some more
> repeat
>>
practice
practice and more practice

success makes you confident
alternatively if you reach your best and you still get your ass handed to you, quit

i used to be that guy who ppl were afraid of coming up against, i started out as any other shitter
>>
>>28997657
its impossible to not be good at overwatch. im serious, its at its core designed for people like you. you will love it.
>>
fps

stick to the outside of the map so your back is covered

play very cautiously, dont expose yourself too much

practice

its takes ages to get good, like hundreds and hundreds of hours
>>
>>28997657
I'm the guy who is shit in FPSes. I played the beta and bought Overwatch. Don't be fooled it isn't that casual. Yeah you can do awesome stuff with a press of a button, but as in every multiplayer games good people will absolutely destroy you.
Still don't let the (many) losses discourage you. I hope you will enjoy the game.
>>
I can't really explain how to git gud

Every fps I've ever played I've been really, really good at. I never really get better while playing them (that I notice) beyond the first week or so. Same thing for the people I play with. I don't really think practice helps very much but I could be wrong
>>
>good at fps games
>absolutely trash at rts
>wish I was good at rts games
I'll trade 11k hours combined in counter strike 1.6 and go for 5k of wc3 or starcraft

alternatively ill teach you fps stuff if you teach me rts
>>
>>28997657

>buying blizzard trash

underage b&
>>
The most important thing is to know how and when to run away.
The second most important thing is to know how to shoot people in the back and avoid a fair fight.
>>
TFS > FPS desu
>>
Hi OP,

I've been "good" at FPSs in the past. My best tips would honestly be to develop a healthy confidence in your skills and efforts. But who the fuck am I kidding, if you had the ability to be confident you wouldn't be on this board right now.
>>
>>28997462
>post that would belong on /v/
>gets posted on /r9k/

this is why 4chan is shit. people refrain from posting on the relevant borads, instead shitting up "home boards" because their """friends""" post there.
>>
>>28997952
Go away retard, what's wrong with blizzard?
>>
File: 422 3 B Cellini-Perseo.jpg (194 KB, 1432x956) Image search: [Google]
422 3 B Cellini-Perseo.jpg
194 KB, 1432x956
>>28997462
For some reason competitive shooters make me EXTREMELY anxious and i have been gaming most of my life at 26. Unfortunately my reflexes are now definitely worse so i don't really play competitively, i wish i was born in an environment where i could play with a pro team, i think i had it in me.

Anyways watch stuff like the war owl's videos, he makes cs go vids but they go for almost all shooters, basic stuff like crosshair placement, mouse sensitivity, movement, etc. Most shooters aren't really complicated, you just need as good as possible eye to hand control and anticipating what your enemy will try to do, also knowing the map of course and most of all practice.
>>
Could I be good at Overwatch when I'm shit at GTA?
>>
>>28997506
> eastern european teammates
Poshel nahyi pidaras zloebuchii.
>>
>>28999125
Overwatch is extremely casual and accessible. A lot of people who aren't into FPS games love it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.